Stop complaining about Helton----

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by bob c in az, Oct 23, 2019.

1. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    sometimes they still get less than what they paid for.

bob c in az likes this.
  2. bob c in az

bob c in az Junior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    this

3. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

Oct 27, 2019
    "
    Ur full of shit and being a gurl does not isolate you anymore, Linda. You have been playing your sex far too long and not everyone is going to give you a wide birth hence juz 'casue they cannot treat you the same as a man. You know they cannot and you play it to your weak advantage.

Not all men are psychological fools. Some, if not most, "know" what you are doing."

Are you really keeno? He did that shit. He posted some of my nasty quotes to what end? to embarrass me?
    I mean WTF? everyone already knows I am an asshole so to what end do you bring up my sins? Are you guys really that nervous? You think you can expose me? I need no help. I am naked.

What I said in that response to you needs no other explanation than the words issued.
    You are known, gurl. You are owned.

4. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Oct 27, 2019
    I have seen the glory days of (1) McKay/Robinson I/ Carroll and I have seen the not-so-glory days of (2) Tollner/Smith/Hackett and (3) Kiffin/Sarkisian/Helton. Unfortunately, the mediocrity periods are long and frustrating. The Period No. 3 started when PC left. The last three ADs have made poor decisions regarding the selection, contract extension and firing of the head coaches (the only exception being the hiring of Pete Carroll.) I don’t know what is in store for the team this year. Even if the team wins the Pac 12 and wins the Rose Bowl there is serious flaws in the football program in terms of player development, strength and conditioning program, motivating the players, half-time adjustments, and play calling. Coach Helton’s record in the past 21 games is 10-11 and this year he has lost to three average teams on the road. Next year USC will play Alabama and Coach Helton has shown that he cannot win the big games. In addition, USC is now ranked something like No. 65 or so in football recruiting for the next year. This means that the four and five stars will go somewhere else and the program mediocrity will increase much further. The current team is among the top three or four college football programs in terms of talent. The young QB and the Super Trio (6, 8, and 21) are highly talented. The team has a couple of prospective All-American OLs and other talented players. This team with good coaching should be in the College Football Final Four and should not struggle against average teams. Why the defense plays so poorly? This is USC and not a high school. As a long-time USC fan, I am so frustrated to sense that the University administration is not showing any sign of improving the football program, which is the signature program in terms of tradition, funding, and publicity for the University.

5. trojan raul

trojan raul Junior Member

Oct 27, 2019
    Beautifully stated, 1969. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you stated.

6. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Oct 27, 2019
    Thank you trojan raul. I appreciate your kind words. We all hope to see the great Trojan football dominance, tradition, and supremacy to return soon.

7. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    All truth

For this program to let itself fade away, under Helton would be unacceptable. They got to get rid of the fat and bring the program back with new (experienced) blood. Because I promise if they pick the right people, give them the tools/support to succeed. And with the talent already on the team, that Coach should be able to roll through the conference and go beyond.

This should mean that the recruiting class will rocket up the ranks, to where it should be.

Furthermore, this team and its players don't deserve this level of coaching, this kind of "USC" football. It should not be what they remember after leaving college football. No more "mr.nice guy" the school needs leaders, and this can't go on, because the brand is burning ever so slowly to the ground. And recruits are seeing it in real-time.

Plus, almost anything is better than hoping for Clay Helton to get it, win on the road, and beat a good team let alone field an elite team.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  8. bob c in az

bob c in az Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Kay, J
    Good stuff Raul. Our past experience in hiring coachs, except for Howard Jones, is that we mostly hire an
    this

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Nervous? Laughable. Trying to expose you? For what? No.

I am not "Linda", nor am I "gurl". I know you find yourself to be an adroit pontificator, however you are severely lacking in that sense of self-awareness. I posted this comment to once again remind you that you have me confused for someone else. Capiche?

10. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Mama Linda is a great Trojan fan, and I'm a big fan of hers -- very nice lady.

But you're not Mama L. That's pretty clear. I've never met you, but I do know your first name. Another poster posted it a couple of months ago (it was edited by a mod) and put that information on this board, which wasn't cool at all, but I did read it at the time.

That is not to say that I don't like you, because I genuinely do. As long as I separate your knowledge of USC and USC football from your politics, we're good. :)

11. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Serious question. So if USC wins the conference and the Rose Bowl would you advocate the firing of Helton? A head coach being fired after winning a major bowl game would be unprecedented.

12. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I know who she is. She started here first.

Lots of people here do and they also know I am not Linda. The poster to whom I replied seems to be a bit unhinged at times but there's no reason to confuse me with Linda.

13. The Lizard King

Oct 28, 2019
    She did. As did I. She's now on SS's site.

14. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Duddete. This isn't not about calling you some name like Linda or b* or c* or anything else. It is about you.
    You are the "person" who attacked some dude in the off topic board for saying he thought George Clooney's wife was a knockout and you attacking him because she (clooney's wife) was unhealthy and skinny. This about you going fucking bonkers over Tittle 11 shit and suggesting in all ways that Zoe Katz was a victim of her own making. You are without a fucking doubt the poorest excuse for a woman's rights advocate that I have ever come across in a long long life living in the middle of bra-burners. You cannot hide your inner conflict of ultra conservatism and women's rights. You cannot do that without making a fool of yourself.

Listen Linda.. this is a fucking football forum where at LEAST 95% of the fans are men. You do not fit here as a Y-challenge broad. Garry protected you (he deleted a dozen of my replies to you you) but you do not have his protection anymore. You are the dumbest most out of your league sorry person I have ever had to deal with and I have dealt with the best, snowlion, grouch, ronnie, all of them.

But then I am thinking. None of this had anything to do with your conservative feminism did it? I reacted to one of your posts because I really dislike you and am willing to embarrass you anytime anywhere. I will therefore take it upon myself to try to correct this. But you need to forever STFU about anything whatever to do with male football grunts and their "right" to be machismo.

I'm game if you are, Linda.

15. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I am not advocating the firing of anybody. I am stating the obvious problem that the USC football program has serious flaws that need to be corrected. The program with so many All-Americans, All-Pros, NCs, Heisman Trophy winners and so on and so forth is in a terrible decline. All this raw talent and this kind of performance and record?

16. trojan raul

Oct 29, 2019
    I AM advocating the firing of Helton even if he goes 9-3. So, at this best, he loses 3-4 games per year and at his worst...well, we all know the drill. If that is the LEVEL you want and never to field an ELITE team that plays convincingly...then yeah, keep Helton.

I have never seen so much apathy from the SC fanbase. This is Helton's doing and the uninspired nature of his program.

17. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I am a realist. If CCH goes 9-3 it is highly unlikely that he will be fired. Just a thought what would be the fan patience level if we landed an Urban Meyer? The bRuins rolled the dice on high profile Chip and the result has been two shitty seasons in a row and this one looks to be pretty bad as well.

18. trojan raul

Oct 29, 2019
    Conquest, I get it, but let's be real and transparent, we have not fared well against Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame the past few years. We got EMBARRASSED! It will be more of the same with Helton at the helm. I you are happy beating up on the Colorado's and Arizona's of the world...fine. Nothing will change moving forward.

Also, our recruiting is laughable. No high profile player wants to come here. That lack of elite talent will begin rearing its ugly head in the near future, no matter the coach.

As for Meyer, he will kill it. You know it and I know it. Chip is not in the same universe as Urban.

Dude, we're SC. We should play for titles. Lott, Seau, Yary, Munoz, Marcus Allen...we need to continue that legacy. And we need a coach/coaching staff/program that executes at that level and always pays homage to that legacy that has been established. Now and forever.

Fight ON!!

19. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 29, 2019
    This is Kelly’s second season.

20. The Lizard King

Oct 29, 2019
    Math isn't the his strong suit.