Statement from Bubba Bolden

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Oct 8, 2018.

1. USC15

USC15 Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    The Chief Threat Assessment Officer did not believe he's a threat and that guy is the damn chief of threats. Didn't even know that was a serious position until now.

It's absolutely bogus that SJACS has the final say in this situation. Just look at what they've done to Greek Life at SC over the past 5-10 years. This easily could've been handled with a semester suspension (which i still think is too much) and some counseling.

Good luck and FTFO Bubba

2. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Did the NCAA sanctions make us so hypersensitive to any infraction/mistake a player might commit that we now dismiss from the university or give unreasonable suspensions effectively ruining or seriously damaging a player's future? Please forgive the political comment here, but did Bolden get "Kavanaughed", where someone felt threatened and that was enough???

I am torn because I support higher standards for those who represent our university, but I must say at Alabama and Ohio State and other football centric schools, this is swept under the rug. Neither scenario should be tolerated, but it seems as though due process is becoming a thing of the past.

3. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    The mistake schools make is when the ignore things. The smart way to handle things is to own it, and make a reasonable decision.

SEC schools have players picked up with guns drugs and driving drunk and they get a 2 game suspension. Its college, everyone does things they should not be doing.

4. TaeRiddle

TaeRiddle Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Wow, so i hope the volleyball player is serving the same suspension if they remained on Campus. I hope all these kids don't end up across town at UCLA or even worst now with the momentum that Oregon has, they will feast on players reminding them that a simple convo, a vindictive person or a drink will get you 2 years suspended at SC.. it's a dirty game in the recruiting world and bets believe they will pull out all the tricks to get the kids.

USC15 likes this.
  5. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I did not know they found him clear of any possible infractions. Did this happen prior to him declaring for the draft? Is the criminal case against Bland still heading to court in 2019?

6. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Did the threat officer make the judgement that he wasn’t a threat after the initial incedent or after he went back and said whatever he said?

7. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    tyson-eats-children.jpg
    Common man. Did he go all Mike Tyson on them and threaten to eat their children?

8. USC15

USC15 Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Not close enough to the situation to know. Came from Bubba's statement. My assumption is it was this fall bc he posted two cryptic instagrams, one before the UT game and one before the U of A game. Have to believe those posts came after the Threat officer and Title IX said he was good/not investigating so he thought he was in the clear...as would I if I were in his situation. Blows he has no chance to appeal SJACs bogus ruling.

9. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I have a feeling the person he threatened has deep connection with the University and that’s all you need to get rid of someone.

10. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    Do you really want it to be acceptable for students-athletes representing USC to be the type of person that is carrying guns, doing drugs, and driving drunk? I sure as hell do not.

11. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    USC’s stance doesn’t mean much considering Nikias is still on campus as Life Trustee and President Emeritus.

12. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    What is your stance on the matter? Do you really want it to be acceptable for students-athletes representing USC to be the type of person that is carrying guns, doing drugs, and driving drunk?

13. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Of course not but don’t kid yourself that the USC image nationwide is innocent. Alabama has all these issues noted above and yet college applications to Bama are rising. But when the president throws other people under the bus while having issues of his own, people won’t take that school seriously.

14. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    No, they will not. I would prefer USC fights its way up the moral ladder, than slide all the way down to the bottom. Let's hope the BoT and the next President decide to right the ship.

15. 909trojan

909trojan Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    What does this question have to do with BB? I haven't seen one indication yet that guns or drugs were involved. Not even on the rumor side. Without the facts I'm completely neutral on this issue because. We. Just. Don't. F'in. Know. Ish. IF and IF he threatened to shoot somebody, then yes he should be gone. Period, alcohol induced or not. IF he was drunk and threatened to kick somebody's arse, couple of games and move on. If he had a history of offenses where he was residing or even off campus, then that has to factor in. But we just don't farking know. I imagine the offense was somewhere in the middle but closer to the more violent scenario. But all anybody who wasn't there can do is imagine.

The only thing I do feel one way or the other about is that a two year suspension from football is stupid. Boot him from school, make it a one year suspension from football, or stfu. A two year suspension imho looks weak because they are essentially forcing him to make the decision to leave the school instead of having the cajones to do it themselves. IMHO

ETA: I do think his statement was classy, I will give him that. Lots of politicians have made classy statements and it hasn't meant squat, so I don't know how much the statement really says about him. Time will tell, but for now props for the statement.

KeenObserver likes this.
  16. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Yes us and yes, a point I’ve been trying to get into 2006’s thick skull

17. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    Man, why do people read a single comment in a thread and not take it into context with the comment(s) it is in response to. Since I need to explain it, the following was the post I was responding to in this thread:

I never made any claim or statement of Bubba being involved with weapons, drugs, drunk driving, threatening to shoot anyone. I merely responded to xuscx's post; referenced above.

18. 909trojan

909trojan Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Fair enough, apology extended. I read your quote in a response from another poster, did not see your original post for context. And yes I would 100% agree with your original post in context.

The remainder of my post still stands as intended lol

19. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    Fair enough. Fight On, Brother!

909trojan likes this.
  20. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    So a quick look at the staff of the SJACS shows all but one of the judicial officers are female and the one male graduated in May so perhaps is gone. Maybe they don't update that part of the website. But what I was really looking for is who makes the call. Is it a committee is it one judicial officer or a student board? Their page talks about a process but not who makes the final decision. It does not say. Does anyone know? I would hate if it was a solitary person.

PS- Bubba had the right to appeal by the way.