Sports Coverage Plummets In Ratings While Fox News Conquers Summer Programming

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by LaissezFaire28thStUSC, Aug 5, 2020.

2. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Aug 5, 2020
    The NFL season begins on September 13 when the Eagles square off against the Football Team right after the Black National Anthem is played. What will the ratings be like?

3. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    In seasons past, I would have looked forward to it. Now, I have zero interest in watching them.

fssca51, SCBIGTIME and Trojan YAF like this.
  4. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Aug 5, 2020
    1) "Plummet" is a tad of an exaggeration. You need more data than comparing opening day (which was extraordinarily high) and the second day which was a drop off. And you also need more info before inferring that BLM had anything to do with it.

2) What is this nonsense comparing it to Fox News? That is apples and oranges.

3) As I noted a few weeks ago, baseball, of the 3 major sports, is probably the least likely to tolerate BLM because baseball isn't disproportionately composed of black athletes.

5. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Hmm, interesting choice of words and phrasing 'disproportionately composed' used to describe the demographic make up of team sports. In so many professional workplaces, the government pushes for proportional representation in the workforce. Proportionally demographic representative teams could certainly help put the kibosh on BLM, or it could high light that BLM is a group that promotes racial supremacy while shaking down businesses and corporations via social justice racketeering.

6. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Black National Anthem??? WTF??? Since when were the blacks a separate nation? I love the NFL. I was a Seahawk Season ticket holder for 37 years. I have decided to move on. We are one country. We are not an apartheid like the libs are trying to create to appease and get votes. The blacks just want to re-segregate. It is not about empowerment but about power.

fssca51 and SCBIGTIME like this.
  7. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    My fearless prediction: there will be mass drops in water pressure during the Black National Anthem as millions of toilets flush in unison during the crescendo. Yes, all you who work for Public Works, I know it is a myth.

fssca51 likes this.
  8. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 5, 2020
    Summer Olympics, 1968, Mexico City. Black Power salute by Americans Tommie Smith and John Carlos spoiled it all for me. Haven't watched Olympics or any professional sport since, except for occasional Angel games with my dear, departed wife, an Angel fan.