So in your blindness in covid denial you are missing the story

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by xuscx, Jul 3, 2020.

1. So in your blindness in covid denial you are missing the story
    xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Follow the numbers, San Pedro 1194 cases, Rancho Palos Verdes 142, Rolling Hills 2. South Gate, Downey all big numbers, even Santa Monica with the beaches is not that bad. Where are cases exploding, in OC it is Santa Ana and Anaheim, statewide it is Imperial, Riverside, San Berdo, Stockton. See a pattern here.

When I walk the park today, I can guarantee I will see several extended familia parties with 20-30 people, with no social distancing.

Hate to be blunt but someone needs to tell the hispanic community to get their shit together. We have had 8 restaurants get covid hits on OC, that is not a lot when you consider how many we have, Restaurants are not the problem, beaches are not the problem, look at where the spread is, the problem is these big family parties. Time to call it like it is

2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    xsucx is not wrong for once, This second wave is coming from Mexico. Something I mentioned a few weeks back and I think Area did as well. We had 12 cases in Oakland from a Mexican market. The other part of the second wave was the protests and riots.

TheRealAirbns and DaFireMedic like this.
  3. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Still...no reason to shutdown the economy and allow public officials to proclaim what ever stupid and ignorant fiat that pops into their empty heads that citizens are dictated to follow.

This Wu Han panic shutdown is unabashed POLITICAL manipulation, mister stupid!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    DJ4SC and DaFireMedic like this.
  4. Lucky

Lucky Points Member

Jul 3, 2020

5. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I agree. We absolutely need to open,

6. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Possibly, but it wouldn't surprise me. I recall posting here on the OT three months ago that Mexico could be that unknown 'T' factor. 'T' for Timebomb is exactly what I posted. We'll see...Just keep in mind that # of cases doesn't always translate to fatalities. It can also mean that millions of people are recovered and test positive for anti-bodies. It's time to screen those false positives out and get the real numbers. In the meantime, keep the deaths down and hospitalization stays abbreviated and this supposed wave will be really short. We haven't entered the hot days yet. Summer just started. I'll stay with my prediction that this is Covid19's last hurrah and we'll be through this by the end of August and completely recovered from the virus by November.

And yes, sucxx's post is 100% bigoted with an emphasis on him being severely prejudice.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  7. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I agree. This is not merely the flu and we need to deal with it. And there is a problem with control at the southern border. It’s not the whole problem, but it is something that they need to address.

We also have the issue of politicians cowering before the rage mob and running from addressing the issue of protestors ignoring social distancing and masks.

But shutting down the economy (again) is not an option. It just isn’t.

8. TKnight

TKnight Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    COVID Lock down 2.0 is happening from Protests just look at age group nationwide, plus Illegals from Mexico, we have family friend who worked in NYC from March- May, and now is in El Centro CA seeing first hand it is illegals seeking Newscums free HC.

My Paramedic son works heavy Hispanic districts in EMS, they are living 12-15 per house and in Tight trailer parks and it is spreading like wildfire.

9. Lucky

Lucky Points Member

Jul 3, 2020
    It is true that the numbers for heavily Latino area are very high (not counting the federal prison in San Pedro and Jails in other places) and it is true that there isn't enough attention paid to safety protocols in those places but it is also true that there is very high number of people in those areas that have to work to eat this month and are "essential" workers who can't work from home. The farm workers in imperial county work and live in lousy conditions and the owners can't do much about it quickly and still get in the crops. Nursing home workers, hospital staff, construction etc. have not even taken a brief pause and are heavily Latino. Less income means more crowded living conditions in those communities. So while they need to do more it is not just as simple as finger pointing about random parties. Wonder how many Rancho Palos Verdes home owners are working from home, having meals and groceries delivered etc. It makes a difference.

reTiredEngr likes this.
  10. DaFireMedic

Jul 3, 2020
    This is true as well.

11. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Jul 3, 2020

A think a lot of valid points except that theory about it bring brought in from Mexico. Think that's pure politics which we don't need on this now.

ScoobyTrojan32 likes this.
  12. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    concur on the conspiracy theory. I work with contractors on big construction projects, they are careful. They are not spreading it at work. I do think there is an issue with farm workers who share busing.

13. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I don't live in that area but I would concur. I also think socio-economic conditional in predominantly Latino communities contributes to this unfortunate situation across the country especially in the states spiking upward because of premature re-opening.

ScoobyTrojan32 likes this.
  14. August West

August West Points Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Cases spiked when 100000s kids looted and burned the country down.

It doesn’t mean they are dying.

more tests = more cases

ICU and deaths are still declining, THAT is the important stat.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  15. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Oh the irony of this statement from this poster is so intense I don't think ironic or hypocrite is a strong enough word

dp4life likes this.
  16. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I remember seeing a video clip of some pastor in Riverside County, said that Newsome was flying in Covid cases from Mexico to keep the numbers up.

17. DaFireMedic

Jul 3, 2020
    My wife is Mexican, daughter of Spanish speaking immigrants. Most of her family still lives in the Boyle Heights area or the high desert. They are of the opinion that the southern border needs to be closely monitored for COVID-19, as there are a huge amount of crossings every day. I don’t think they’re being political.

We banned travel from China, Brazil, and other places because of the COVID-19 threat. Even individual states are quarantining people from other states right now. We need to watch all of our borders. I’m not saying to shut it down, but we need to monitor it for Covid-19.

jiordone likes this.
  18. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Yes a lot of mexicans go back and forth, yes a lot of mexicans have a big family party every weekend. It is a cultural thing, I get that, but we are all making changes in our routine and they need to changes theirs. I follow the numbers, initially Newport Beach was high, Santa Ana was low. It was pretty clear the problem was foreign travel to Europe. But you follow the last couple months and Santa Ana has taken off like a rocket. Yes it is racist, I just want to get this over with. We been busting ass for 3 months and going backwards. How does this end.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  19. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jul 3, 2020
    No, it's not racist. But you are definitely an ignorant bigot. Mexican is not a race, it's a nationality i.e., a cultural identity. Never has been and never will be a race. Open your blinded eyes oh bigoted one. To add, bigoted blacks routinely lump all so-called Hispanics/Latinos into one group by calling them all Mexicans. That would make blacks culturally insensitive, thusly, hypocrites.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    August West likes this.