SC playing for sole possession of 1st place in PAC12...

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by BigDaddy, Feb 1, 2020.

1. SCFan82

SCFan82 Member

Feb 2, 2020
    I would agree with you, but FUCLA beat Colorado pretty handily with a team that has far less talent or shooting ability. This team does not play defense because Enfield and Hart do not know how to teach it. Bad rotations, switching, and not staying up on the hot players. They go under every screen, even on shooters. Has there ever been a team that has given up more points to a single player on an opposing team as this one? Pritchard and Duarte had 56 of Oregon’s 79 points. Why don’t they DENY the hot player???? Ridiculous.

2. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2020
    Defense was not the problem and has not been the problem most of the year.

3. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Feb 3, 2020
    Yup. Sometimes I felt like I was watching a Kevin O'Neill team.

4. SCFan82

SCFan82 Member

Feb 3, 2020
    Ummm. Colorado shot 51.9 % from the field and 47.4% from 3 point range. Defense was a HUGE problem. Everyone focuses on offense, but no matter what people say, USC is not defending well. In the Colorado game, Trojans got very few offensive rebounds, pretty much all of their possessions were 1 shot possessions. These are the 2 most glaring problems. But most people don’t see this. They only look at scoring. SC’s offense is not good enough to score consistently, that’s why defense is so important. It is their primary problem EVERY game.

5. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Feb 4, 2020
    For the season we are holding opponents to a 39.3% shooting which is not bad. The problem is we give up a ton of shots because we give up a lot of rebounds.
    When you miss a shot, but get the offensive rebound and put it back in, that was 50% shooting on that possession...so yes, I agree, we have a problem with giving up too many rebounds. Certain players that should be good re-bounder's don't block out and seem week.