Sark gets raise

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Sark gets raise
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    $2.5 million , does Nic know something we SC fans don’t know?

2. TrojanHoss

TrojanHoss Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    It seems I hold a tremendously unpopular point of view about this. Sark resurrected UW from the trash heap in a very short period of time. That got lost in the “we missed out on Petersen/we should have kept Coach O” discussion. For the record, we should have kept Coach O, and Petersen wasn’t coming here. Haden made an incredible mess of things by not thoroughly vetting Sark’s personal issues (not unknown at the time - even I had heard about it) and in the process trashed his own legacy.

But if he has taken care of his personal issues, Sark is a solid coach, better than most, and Nicky knows it.

AMLTrojan likes this.
  3. Burak Uslu

Burak Uslu Points Member

Aug 9, 2020
    [QUOTE="
    But if he has taken care of his personal issues, Sark is a solid coach, better than most, and Nicky knows it.[/QUOTE]

I kind of disagree. I think Sark is a great offensive coordinator. He may or may not learn to be a head coach. Time will tell. His daemons did not help and the pressure at USC can get to anyone. Ask Justin Wilcox, he is a good defensive coordinator everywhere.

Sark inherited an ok team with already Jake Locker at UW. UW's 0-12 record from the year before was something was all on Tyrone Willingham. Have I mentioned UW should have never hired a fired coach from Notre Dame?

But the main point, has Pat Haden made any good hire or any good decision that did not result in a fiasco at USC?

4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I kind of disagree. I think Sark is a great offensive coordinator. He may or may not learn to be a head coach. Time will tell. His daemons did not help and the pressure at USC can get to anyone. Ask Justin Wilcox, he is a good defensive coordinator everywhere.

Sark inherited an ok team with already Jake Locker at UW. UW's 0-12 record from the year before was something was all on Tyrone Willingham. Have I mentioned UW should have never hired a fired coach from Notre Dame?

But the main point, has Pat Haden made any good hire or any good decision that did not result in a fiasco at USC?[/QUOTE]
    Pat made Donna His right hand assistant,lol. She has not gone to trial yet.

5. bob c in az

bob c in az Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020

But the main point, has Pat Haden made any good hire or any good decision that did not result in a fiasco at USC?[/QUOTE]
    No!

6. 28thstreet

28thstreet Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Good for Sark. Guy loved SC and, even though he was a drunk, I don't know if I ever had a football coach who didn't like to pound a few beers.

7. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Did any of those coaches of your's show up for a practice drunk?...embarrass himself at a high profile banquet drunk?...have it as common knowledge amongst his players he was a drunk?...refuse to take seriously his warnings/issues as a drunk, then sue the very organization he violated? Seems he is/was a bit more than just another beer-drinking coach...

8. FightOn4Eva

FightOn4Eva Points Member

Aug 11, 2020
    That’s a lot of moonshine money Nick.

9. 28thstreet

28thstreet Junior Member

Aug 11, 2020
    That's one of the BIG differences (not saying good or bad) between the Pac-12 and SEC. Used to be, the football coach was the football coach (still is in the SEC). Now, at a lot of universities, the football coach has to be more like a politician, fund raiser, all around great guy -- e.g., Clay Helton, Pete Carroll, Chris Peterson, etc. Bo, Woody, etc., would only be coaching in the SEC today.