Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by trojan raul, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Rock Bottom
    trojan raul

trojan raul Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Well...we are there. The Ducks are gloating as is the rest of the college football world. Many talk here about the numerous issues SC is facing beyond football. Fine.

I tell you, this was the same tone and feeling during the Hackett years and at the end of the Hackett era. Everyone is saying SC is no longer this, no longer that, a has been. We we were all hurting as we are hurting now.

Then came Carroll. You know the rest.

It took one man, one vision, one master plan.

Right now, all energies must be directed toward hiring the best AVAILABLE candidate out there. You know who that is. I will stress it again, he is AVAILABLE and sitting in our backyard.

THERE IS NOT ONE SECOND TO WASTE.

Hire him now, MAKE THE MOVE, and this one man will get us back on top. Our proud tradition will continue, no matter all the so-called issues that has nothing to do with SC football and winning championships and kicking ass again.

FIGHT ON.

2. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Keep in mind, when they finally fired Hackett, we all thought Belotti or Erickson were the answer. Our sights were so low, we couldn't see past who was flashy in our conference. Now we're clamoring for Urban. We don't need to get lucky, there's a proven winner right there sitting in the broadcast booth ready to come down and turn this around on Day 1.

Gjimmy, BigGuard and uscjrl98 like this.
  3. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 3, 2019
    We are a long way from rock bottom. Ask the fans at Nebraska or TN about hitting bottom. Given all the injuries this season and playing a legit top ten team last night, the result was not unexpected. Granted things could be a whole lot better. And there is little or no improvement in the same problems that have plagued Helton. Poor tackling, inability to contain the QB, not generating turnovers, dumb penalties etc. Meyer coming to save the program, however, is a fantasy. Not happening. The current administration will not touch him EVEN if he wanted to coach SC. The only candidates are the same warmed over failed has beens from the NFL or other programs. That is the reality. Helton likely is fired after this season but expect another Kiffin or Sark type coach to replace him.

4. BigGuard

BigGuard Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Preach! And for all the naysayers, what's up with the "we'll never hire Urban" stuff. Unless you're privy to meetings between Folt, Hughes, and Caruso, you've got not idea. Is it you're setting low expectations just to surpass them? Is it the desire to be right and say "see...I told you so." Yes, I too think Meyer is a longshot, but the connections between Bohn and Meyer can't be ignored. I choose to remain optimistic and hopeful that positive change is coming. Let's hire Urban!

OC2SC, AZUSCfan and 1988Trojan like this.
  5. trojan raul

trojan raul Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    A week before being named the Alabama coach, Saban was adamant that he was not leaving Miami and will NOT be coaching Alabama. A dynasty later, look how that turned out.

Dude, we've hit rock bottom. Don't know how much lower you can go than the past two seasons. We suck.

And SC admin and BOT need to know that a change with a proven winner is the ONLY remedy.

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  6. 1988Trojan

1988Trojan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Everyone knew Saban was running from the NFL as fast as he could ... he had little control of players, schedule, and the owner

7. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Not really. For USC, we are pretty much there.
    You don't have any idea either and if you choose positivity, great! If others have a differing opinion....that's okay too.

8. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I have watched this team for half-a-century. Last night's performance was one of the worst I have seen. It was total collapse of one team and total domination by another. The immediate, urgent problem is recruiting. More waiting by the University administration and more problems the program will have in getting good players. Right now USC is no. 64 in recruiting ; in a few months it will drop much further. I agree with trojan raul that the program is in a crisis situation and the USC President and the Interim AD have to immediately step in and take the necessary decision. The only way to put this program back into national dominance is to hire a championship-caliber coach. USC will probably lose the next three games and end up with a record of 5-7, similar to the one they had last year. Even UCLA is improving and is playing much better than SC. Just imagine: A team like Oregon comes into USC home field and beats USC by 56-24! How awful a football program and its coaching can get?

9. RDTK

RDTK Points Member

Nov 3, 2019