Remaining Recruits

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by l3chow, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Remaining Recruits
    l3chow

l3chow New Member

Jun 8, 2020
    With the number of commitments recently, who is still on the wish list and how many spots are open? Assume there are still a lot of 4 and 5 start recruits we are targeting.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2020
    Here are a few names on the board, obviously more can be added or some can come off. There are 16 commitments right now and USC will likely take a full class or close to it.

RB Byron Cardwell
    WR Malcolm Johnson Jr.
    OG Josh Simmons
    OT Kingsley Suamataia
    DE Korey Foreman
    DE JT Tuimoloau
    DE Aaron Armitage
    DT Tiaoalii Savea
    LB Raesjon Davis
    LB Ethan Calvert
    CB Ceyair Wright
    CB Nathaniel Wiggins
    CB Jaylin Smith

3. EDH Trojan

EDH Trojan Junior Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Josh Simmons, OL
    Korey Foreman, DL
    Aaron Armitage, DL
    Ethan Calvert, LB
    Nathaniel Wiggins, DB
    Jaylin Smith, DB

Erik do you see the bolded being possible? If that’s how our final 5-6 spots got filled I’d be ecstatic.

You’d probably want a little more talent on the OL side of things and maybe another RB but I couldn’t complain especially with KF leading that class.

4. billsb1970

billsb1970 Junior Member

Jun 8, 2020
    We need Simmons to commit. He can bring in other recruits

TrojanRider4Life and Jose like this.
  5. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Armitage, Savea, Smith are the only ones that have made USC their top choice.
    I hope Cardwell comes in..we need RB's.

Foreman, Calvert, Wiggins, Simmons, all have crystal balls with a high % of coming in. The rest in your list we have no shot at.

6. BDRFTFO

BDRFTFO Member

Jun 11, 2020
    What?! Ceyair wants to be at USC because of football and the film school. Smith is a USC boy, JT has a good shit of coming here and it’s 50/50 for Kingsley. Crystal Balls against us mean nothing right now. Those guys honestly have no idea what they’re talking about and are predicting against us based on their feelings towards SC. I’m listening to people actually close to the players and program like Scott Schrader who says the complete opposite of what you did.

7. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Hate to burst your bubble, but if you are relying on Scott Schrader's information, he's guessing most of the time. I've seen Scott Schrader recruiting predictions over the years and I think he's about 50%/50% correct/wrong at the final tally. Statistically that indicates he's guessing. I believe 247, Crystal Ball has better and more reliable predictors than Scott Schrader. 247 have analysis in the 90's and mid 80's % correct in the final tally. 247 has a large panel of recruiting analysis working the recruiting scene as a team vs. one as in Scott Schrader. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Every year the recruiting season has its ups and downs, I just go with the flow and not take things seriously. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids like to play mind games with the media and fans. Every year there are disappointments, late de-commitments, also nice surprises, unexpected commitments = Big Kabooms.

From what I'm seeing with USC's new team of coordinators and coaches, these guys are good at their trade. The 16 commitments = very good players and the results of their hard work and savvy recruiting skills. So far, it's been an outstanding recruiting season, 16/25 or 64% complete and 4th place national rankings. Tremendous improvement from the final 2020 national rankings in the mid 50's. I think the coaches will close out Big with the remaining rides. I feel at the end, we are going to be very happy with the 2021 class. It will be balanced and filled with top players at every position.

The momentum will continue into the 2022 and 2023 class. Cheers and Shaka...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    pgoodman likes this.