Reggie Bush on the Herd this morning.

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by KBfan24, Dec 19, 2019.

1. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    He isn’t Satan, but I’m pretty convinced he’s a borderline sociopath.

He will NEVER apologize

2. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Pete Carroll is the one before Bushscum arrived that made USC relevant and elevated the fan base. The ripple of repercussions since the sanctions have not come and gone. As for those young football players who idolize that stool specimen, the vast majority were small children when this shit went down and their only knowledge of him was watching highlight videos of him on the field which is all they care about. Many aspiring young music artists admire Cardi B who is up on charges for hiring thugs to beat up employees in a New York bar.

3. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Agree with almost all of this, except McNair being left to twist in the wind.
    How about a 45 year old coach doesn’t try to be part of a 20 year old player’s Posse? Without that relationship, there is probably no case. I know for a fact that Pete Carroll was warned about McNair by several people who knew him. One of them, who had been on a staff with him told Pete he was as useless as tits on a bull.
    Another said there were dozens of guys out there who could do what McNair did ( recruit the Hood) who were actually good coaches without baggage.

Pete has some kind of irrational loyalty to the dude.

4. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Dec 20, 2019
    You sound like Pat Haden.

It's the corrupt NCAA that should apologize to USC for the witch hunt that was conducted to get rid of Pete Carroll. And who benefitted from that witch hunt?

Reggie should never have given up his Heisman. He won that award legitimately on the field.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    KnightsWhoSayNi likes this.
  5. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    I like to take this opportunity to say that I despise nzaa.

6. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Dec 20, 2019
    You should have stopped at your first sentence vball..

The fact the NCAA chose to wrap a case against three programs into one to come to a LOIC judgement which is something the organization has ever done not even when Ohio State had multiple programs on NCAA probation at the same time or within no more than 5 years of one another.

So by your logic the payout to O.J. Mayo by another wannabe agent or the female tennis player using her school cell phone to call her family in Europe opened that door as well. Not to mention the desire of the NCAA to warp its investigatory and disciplinary processes to make it possible to come to this conclusion. And again the football program's sin wasn't that we knew this was going on and did nothing. It's that as Paul Dee put it , the program should have known.

Unlike in the case of Ohio state (again) where not only did the Head Coach know about multiple ineligible players receiving improper benefits from local fans, he chose not take any action on his own or to report this to the NCAA then lied to NCAA investigators when questioned on this - all the while continuing to play those ineligible players until the School stepped in. Yet that wasn't LOIC in the NCAA's eyes?

There is only one explanation for the inconsistency in those two findings - and that NCAA wanted to harm and damage the USC Football Program - period. And that has nothing to do with what anyone at USC did or did not do. They had an agenda and its not to imagine who was pushing that agenda or why. Because you can almost see immediately the shifts in the balance of power in college football that came with the NCAA's actions.

They were to blame. If it wasn't the Bush's family's behavior , the NCAA would have found another case to pursue and find a way to make it LOIC whether it was or not. This was what they wanted regardless of what anyone at USC actually did.

I'm sorry but the anger is largely misplaced. Reggie owes us all an apology, but he doesn't deserve much of the truly hateful anger and invective directed at him. Why does he deserve that but Clay Helton doesn't? I don't think either one of them deserves a lot of this stuff directed at them - the real nasty crap. But I don't understand people who rally to Clay Helton's defense because some people are really rough on him who turn right around and use even nastier language to describe Reggie Bush. I can't get that. just

Cyrus likes this.
  7. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    He was ineligible. Not even debatable

8. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Clay can’t help that he is a shitty coach. He should never have been hired and should have been fired last season.

Still not even comparable to Reggie Bush and what he did. He made his bed knowingly.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  9. DARNELLJAX

DARNELLJAX Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    You spelled Paul Dee wrong

drheisenberg and FreeReggieBush like this.
  10. FreeReggieBush

FreeReggieBush Points Member

Dec 20, 2019
    No he shouldn't. He's telling the truth.

11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    I don't disagree although Bush had the ability to "undo" what transpired. I look at their careers today and McNair is phucked while Reggie is just fine. That bugs me. PC's loyalty isn't all that irrational when you realize that McNair knew everything, including the overnights in PC's office.
    No.

Football was the key. Mayo alone and random calls to Europe were fodder.

Yes, I agree the ncaa had an agenda. However, if not for what Reggie and his parents did.....

If you want to consider the balance of power, then Mike Slive and the BCS had far more to do with it than Reggie.

That's your opinion and I don't share it. I can separate acknowledgement of Reggie's on-field accomplishments and his completely selfish, self-serving behavior off of it. Do I hate him? No, he isn't worth that. Am I still angry? Of course. At any time in the last several years, he could have parsed together an apology of less than 20 words and my stance would have shifted.

My points here had nothing to do with Clay. If you don't understand other people, take it up with them.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  12. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Dec 20, 2019
    Actually yes, with all due respect. The NCAA as you acknowledge, had an agenda. Thus they are the villains of this piece. What the Bushes did may have given them a way to act on it, but given their clear desire to do so, they would worked until they found something else, and everyone here I think knows that deep down.

Of course it was - no one is denying that. Football was targeted by the NCAA with malicious and corrupt intent in my mind and always the focus of the NCAA effort.

But it's just wrong to claim the other programs actions were mere to use your word, fodder. Without the findings against those programs there is no case for LOIC, period . Why else would the investigations be combined if that wasn't the case?

Go back and look at the Ohio State case. Multiple student-athletes accepting impermissible benefits near if not on-campus from Ohio State Football Fans. The head coach is aware of this going on and ignores NCAA rules requiring him to report this information to the NCAA choosing not to even report it to his immediate Athletic Department superiors to address while continuing to play the ineligible student-athletes until the Ohio State AD is made aware of these violations and forces the head coach to suspend them., and even then the Head Coach willfully lies to NCAA Investigators about his knowledge they were ineligible student-athletes.

But that's not LOIC in the NCAA's eyes.

But one student-athlete and his family taking impermissible benefits from an aspiring sports agent hundreds of miles from the USC Campus with no evidence whatsoever that anyone associated with USC Football Program knew anything about any of this until Reggie Bush left school.

And that is LOIC to the NCAA. Really?

Even the NCAA couldn't get away with claiming that. They used the actions in the basketball program and Tennis Program in order to push the Football Program's behavior to the level LOIC or else it would have never survived the slightest scrutiny in a court of law or the court of public opinion.

Thing is if that hadn't happened they'd have found something else someone else ad likely built a similarly flimsy case to justify taking the same actions against the Football Program - guaranteed. The NCAA was after us the same way the cop follows Cagney or Bogart or Mitchum around after they're paroled from prison just waiting to catch them committing another crime.

They would have waited till hell froze to catch us doing something - anything - they could try to use to at least cripple USC Football.

I don't want to mis-read this unfairly, but it reads as something I was trying to avoid saying - which is my belief that in SEC Country taking out USC was extremely beneficial to that conference's top programs without a doubt in numerous ways.

I would also add that Notre Dame benefitted directly in very similar fashion.

That doesn't mean they directly advocated for the NCAA to act in this necessarily, but they clearly had no difficulty with benefitting from the NCAA unfairly kneecapping USC Football. And that kneecapping shifted the balance of power more than any other program or conference could on their own.

Fair enough. I apologize if you took my words as directed at you personally, and apologize further for not addressing this toward those it should be. I was just pointing out that behavior in my line of thought, and should have addressed it elsewhere where it would be more appropriate to do so.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  13. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    upload_2019-12-20_17-37-14.jpeg

DARNELLJAX likes this.
  14. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    I agree about the Heisman.

15. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Thank you for summarizing my feelings and the reasons behind them better than I could vball.

16. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Be careful. You're going to choke to death with Reggie's dick that deep down in your throat.

17. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Oh man, good one. You really got me with that whitty/clever comeback....

18. sc85sis

sc85sis Junior Member

Dec 21, 2019
    uscvball pretty well articulated my feelings on this. Yes, the NCAA had an agenda, but their ability to act on it was directly enabled by the actions of Reggie and his family.

Reggie was a great Trojan on the field. He was not great in how he dealt, or more to the point didn’t deal with, the investigation and subsequent sanctions. He has seemingly never been willing to say, “I’m sorry. I was a kid and made a mistake.” That’s literally all he has to say, yet he won’t do so. And that’s why some of us continue to struggle with his legacy.

19. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Dec 21, 2019
    There's nothing wrong with struggling with his legacy. Every Trojan probably does - myself included , I know. The only other Trojan who fills me such angst is O.J. Simpson, and he fills me with far more angst of a very different nature obviously.

But even the things he has done I find very difficult to understand or accept don't make me feel the vitriolic anger or even hatred they seem to inspire in some others. I can see people holding him or more to the point his family responsible for the NCAA opening the investigation, but honestly if it hadn't been them it would have been another player and/or his family. The NCAA was going to find a way to get USC Football , and they were going to find a way to impose to impose the most damaging sanctions they possibly could, regardless of who gave them the opportunity to do so. Maybe that's why Bush doesn't inspire the rage he does in others in me. I do believe he should apologize, as much for his own inner peace as to ease the wound USC fans genuinely feel. I just don't hate his guts because he hasn't yet.

I'll just add this - the real issue here isn't what any of think of Reggie Bush. It's whether his comments on the current situation at USC are accurate or not. And I think many of Reggie's harshest critics in this specific thread were using their criticism of him to discredit his criticism of Coach Helton first, not to condemn Reggie Bush. Certainly that does not apply to everyone here - certainly not you - but some of the shall we say, usual suspects.