Recruiting: Five-star defensive lineman Mykel Williams commits to USC

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 15, 2021.

1. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Coach.....if I sign who do I have to beat out to start......well......oh.......when can you get here. We'll send you tickets for the next flight.

gubo&palanka and AZTrojan38 like this.
  2. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Which certainly speaks against the narrative that nobody good wants to play for Helton. Veebs is right that once you go from the "form" to the "substance", the relationship begins to lose its luster, but at least we got them in the door to see if it will work. It sure beats hoping your second tier recruits turn out to be first tier players.

3. AZTrojan38

AZTrojan38 Points Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Oh, trust me..I'm the last person to defend or hope that Clay Helton is still leading this football program in 2022. Having said that, I'm hearing from coaches and parents that say they really like the guy personally. That doesn't mean he knows an X from an O or can make halftime adjustments or develop these young men into professional athletes but it sounds like parents and players really seem to like his personality and demeanor. It might be best to have Bohn move him into some kind of a consultant type of role where he can just glad hand with perspective athletes and their families while a real coach develops the talent. Maybe someone like Matt Campbell .

Troy70, gubo&palanka, OC2SC and 4 others like this.
  4. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jun 15, 2021
    I'm chuckling...can't you just let some of us celebrate some good news? Yikes...

Kaptain Karl likes this.
  5. SGVFlip

SGVFlip Points Member

Jun 15, 2021
    They used to be called what in the past, DEBBIE DOWNERS? lol

6. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Whose stopping you?

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jun 15, 2021
  8. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 15, 2021
    Yes, that’s in my story on his commitment. I definitely think the multiple connections between So’oto, Trigg and Los Angeles, and Williams’ standing as a five-star prospect make this a much more secure commitment than ones we’ve seen in the past where USC will take a commitment from a three-star, out-of-state guy and then keep looking around to recruit over him. The next few months will be spent making sure Williams is locked in. We’ll see if he continues to take visits this summer or makes any late trips. The pressure back home to see the local schools can be intense, and that’s another reason having his family on board with USC is such a big deal.

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    "Williams said on Tuesday afternoon that Alabama and Georgia finished tied for second place behind the Trojans. There is still a chance, he says, that both schools will get another visit."

10. Trojanfan1963

Trojanfan1963 Points Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Oh oh…why?

11. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    I believe that's already happened with the coaching staff. I do not believe that Helton is calling Xs and Os. It's all on the other coaches. Helton is the face and personality, that's it.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  12. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Conversation between Boner and Cream puff.
    Cream puff.......Just give me another two years and look what's coming in! Look, I'll sign for a 10% increase with a 5 year extension on the 100% buyout.
    Boner......No no no.....who do you think I am.....Swann?!!......You'll work for the same pay and the extension will be no more than 4 years.
    Cream Puff.....man, you are tough.
    Well......Carol thinks you're cute! or it would have been three years.

Troy70 likes this.
  13. Hockey10

Hockey10 Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    I wish this was true. I wish only his OC or DC could tell him in his headset when to call timeouts. If this is the case they don't know what they are doing or Helton doesn't follow directions. Same goes for halftime adjustments, either his OC and DC can't make them or Helton doesn't follow directions. It appears they took over the physical aspects of practices a little this spring but when it comes to game decisions and player development then either these coaches are horrible too or Helton doesn't follow directions and does what he wants and it's usually a bad thing.

14. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Soft "commits" are worth the paper they aren't written on.

uscvball likes this.
  15. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Points Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Yea scary because good old cotton/plantation money has ways of surfacing making the switch-arue much easier,,,

Mykel, please watch this and you will know why SC is home for you and any other young brother from the South. Share this with Pritchett and Miller, SC is home young brothers.

We owe a debt to USC that can never be repaid, like the debt owed to parents if they accepted the responsibility of parenting.
    So let Southern schools wave laundered/dirty money(old money) in your direction, laugh and come home to Trojanville where we belong.

FIGHT ON INDEED!!

16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Please. They care about NFL money.

How about the debt owed to the parents of the hundreds of young women, mostly Asian, sexually assaulted while USC swept it all under the rug and then tried their hardest to mitigate their financial losses? THAT USC?

Guess what? "Old money" paid Caryl Gilbert Smith what she was worth while USC continued to financially promote 2 white male coaches who didn't achieve. I guess USC isn't where Coach CSG belonged....is that your argument?

And WTF is Trojanville? Nobody calls it that....except you.

17. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Jun 16, 2021
    I fart in your general direction!