Real Villian Steve Lopes??

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Akita12, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Real Villian Steve Lopes??
    Akita12

Akita12 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Thoughts on this.? With Bohn and Folt basically not having a backbone and reported that Bohn was brought in to clean house and let Helton go, what changed..?? Is Steve Lopes really to blame here, he has been the one to push everyone from Haden, Swann and now Bohn to keep Helton. Rumor had it that Lopes again had pushed / lobbied Bohn and Folt to keep Helton. How else is it explained that we had a shot at UM and Stoops, but retained Helton?? HH had always wanted a coach it could control but is this the right thing?? Is this and has been a control issue.??

Thanks for your insights. I am just as puzzled, hurt as everyone else here with retaining Helton, Seen allot since the 70's and I don't think i have ever seen such discontent as I do with USC Football at this point.

2. USCAlumFightOn

USCAlumFightOn Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    There's a lot of contradicting information out there but I don't think we had a big shot at UM or Stoops.

3. August West

August West Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    He was instrumental in bringing Sark to SC......

Im quite sure nothing else needs to be said.

gubo&palanka and BREWcorp like this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    We did.
    PC is the most to blame for that. However, I agree that he is the middle of this.

gubo&palanka and Akita12 like this.
  5. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    You have to wonder why he has a job

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  6. Arthur Jury

Arthur Jury Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    The deep state HH cabal is Lopes, Orr, and Tessalone all supported by Caruso on on the BOT. These long term people are the constant denominator in everything bad happening at HH from Haden and his incompetence crookedness with the Coli "tower" to Swann and his golf outing detachment incompetence, to Heinel and other lesser AADs and coaches enriching themselves illegally taking bribes for fake enrollments. How is it that the New AD Bohn gets hired and NOT ONE assistant AD has been fired yet, what are they "goods" they possess to keep power ?

7. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    HH stock is like penny stock or junk bonds. Was Lopes behind Pat’s Tower?

SC ForLife and ConquerorSC like this.
  8. USCAlumFightOn

Dec 9, 2019
    I've heard so many contradictory stories about this but really haven't seen any real evidence that we did. I still have a hard time believing that we did. Bohn himself said he never spoke to Meyer or Stoops

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    gubo&palanka likes this.
  9. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    also really surprised at Orr, we saw him walking around and he had the dead man walking look

10. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Heritage Hall/Bohn contacted CUM and his agent four times and he said he was not interested every time. No agreement was reached w/Stoops either. Then Bohn lied that he didn’t contact anyone else for the HC position, although he reached out to at least three other coaches. Bohn is a weak AD/negotiator and he is dishonest.

11. USCAlumFightOn

Dec 9, 2019
    Sending out feelers is different than actually speaking with the coach. If you send out feelers and the coach isn't interested then there is no reason to chase. I do believe that they sent out feelers which was mentioned by several "insiders."

gubo&palanka likes this.
  12. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    FAKE NEWS

FAKE AND PURPOSELY MISLEADING NEWS

Urban Meyer wanted to be our coach in 2020.

13. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    No, Michael milken is/was

14. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    And what makes you think this?
    More importantly, what is your source for any information that would make anyone believe that statement to be true?

15. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Let it go man, the sun will still shine tomorrow. Move on with your life

16. reaLchaZZZy

Dec 9, 2019
    Trojan Fairy whispers that I trust.

17. AZTrojan38

AZTrojan38 Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    I think what's so frustrating/heart breaking for all of us loyal members of the Trojan family is that we know that USC Football greatness and Academic greatness do not need to be independent of each other. You can be a top academic institution competing with Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame etc. while still competing with Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson and LSU in football.

While I do not have the data/statistics to fully back up my argument, I know the overall student GPA has gone up at Alabama over Nick Saban's tenure as their football coach. Students who never would have considered attending Alabama 10 years ago are now applying there just to be a part of something special. I'm sure the same held true for us under Pete Carroll. What did our average incoming freshman GPA look like in 2005 versus 1995? What did our endowments look like over that same period of time? Pete Carroll was worth 10x more than what we were paying him as is Nick Saban now.

Everyone on this board, in the PAC-12 and quite frankly across the entire nation knows that if USC could "drain it's own swamp" from the greedy scumbags keeping us stranded in mediocrity by hiring the right head coach and providing that coach with ALL the resources they would need to be great, the sleeping giant would awaken and again be on top of the college football world.

There's no doubt that a small but extraordinarily powerful group of people who really run the show at USC have their own agenda to make sure USC is never what it once was in football or on sports in general. They think that by dedicating resources to a gladiator sport makes us beneath their peers in the Academic world. What they fail to realize is that nothing is further from the truth.

I know USC is behind the 8 ball with the money they have shelled out due to other scandals the school is involved in. But football at USC is unique and needs to be treated as such. I have ZERO belief that the money is not there to hire someone like coach Urban Meyer and pay for the staff, strength and conditioning, dietary and recruiting changes he would demand. The money we would spend up front would come back to us 10 fold in endowments, TV rights, ticket package sales, memorabilia, etc.

To those few in the USC Illuminati, we're not brainless meatheads for wanting to be great at football and all sports for that matter. This University was built on a rich tradition of athletic as well as academic excellence and the two do NOT need to be independent of one another. If you love this institution as you claim to do, love it enough to remove yourself from power and allow for sweeping changes to be made.

gubo&palanka, Akita12 and OC2SC like this.
  18. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    [QUOTE="reaLchaZZZy]
    Urban Meyer wanted to be our coach in 2020.[/QUOTE]

You’re full of crap and you have no sources. Where’s your source for CUM wanting to be coach at USC? That’s right, you have no source.

19. reaLchaZZZy

Dec 9, 2019
    THAT POST OF YOURS IS A LIE AND A DELIBERATE MISSTATEMENT