Randal Grimes #4 UNLV WR Here's another guy that couldn't play for USC

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Cardinal&Gold, Oct 20, 2019.

2. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Coaches won't use depth unless forced to due to injury (Stepp, KC, Mauga). Instead of using depth to their advantage, they play the same tired, ineffective guys the whole game. Also, Helton doesn't game plan towards individual strengths. Thought we would see KC on wheel routes, Velus on some reverses and screens, Falo, down the deep seams.

3. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Grimes was a good player, but good Lord, stop lionizing these guys. He's playing against mid-major competition, and he's not at the level of our 3 starting WRs. I'm glad he's doing well, but FFS enough already.

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    It doesn’t just happen at USC, it happens at every major program. Jalen Hurts is suddenly running away with the Heisman race after “escaping” Alabama and Nick Saban.

Sometimes it just takes the right system, sometimes players just need a change. It happens.

I’m glad these guys are doing well at Illinois and elsewhere, but that doesn’t mean that they were performing better than the others at their position when they were here.

MB 1987 likes this.
  5. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Oct 20, 2019
    At practices recall him dropping passes often

6. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Just because a player isn't the starter, doesn't mean they cannot contribute during the games. That's why coaches have a 2- deep. Good coaches find ways to incorporate the unique talents of every player, to the team's success on Saturday's. There's a reason Bama, tOSU, and some other programs remain elite, despite losing multiple players to the draft on a yearly basis. Their backups are seasoned, prepared and ready to contribute at a high level. It's not about comparing the USC transfers to the guys who are on top the depth chart, here. It's about the quality depth in the rotation. Helton is playing freshmen, as backups, because some of the upper class guys are on other teams.

The question should be: would you rather have the transfers, as the rotational players, or the green freshmen, who are being prematurely pressed into action? Which scenario makes USC a stronger team? If Wole, Grimes, Josh I, Devon(?) can SUCCEED at other D1 programs, they sure as hell could've gotten rotational snaps at USC.

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  7. MB 1987

MB 1987 Points Member

Oct 21, 2019
    USC has Richmond who transferred from Tennessee. These things are just business decisions by these young men sometimes. They are seeking greener pastures elsewhere. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn’t.

DaFireMedic and Cardinal&Gold like this.
  8. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Oct 21, 2019
    https://www.secsports.com/standings/football

Excuse making huh? Trouble with facts?

Didn't USC struggle against UNLV at home for the entire first half last season? Who had a big catch? Trevon Sidney. JT Daniels started an played that entire game. Isn't Vandy a SEC team? Which means they play a tougher schedule than these weak Pac 12 teams

Every time these guys show out guys like you start with they have not played anyone.

Need I remind you USC played Fresno State too a common opponent. So Amon Ra's stats count against Fresno State but Randal Grimes stats against Fresno state don't?

I'm sorry to break the news to you but the Pac 12 conference is not a national powerhouse. It was, but under Larry Scott its losing its shine. Proof? The Pac 12 conference gets tossed around every bowl season and the weakly Pac 12 Power rankings has that sorry Arizona team as middle of the pack. After week 9 there is not a single Pac 12 team in the top 10. Oregon is 11. I can almost guarantee they will lose a game and get bumped out of the top 15. Maybe to USC who knows.

You're gonna like this one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=usc+vs+fresno+state&rlz=1C1OPRB_enUS600US600&oq=usc+vs+fresano&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.6115j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h3ghf17_;6;/m/012hfxch;tb2;fp;1;;

USC vs Fresno State 08/31/2109

Amon Ra St. Brown
    5 catches for 38 yards 0 td's

https://www.google.com/search?q=unlv+vs+fresno+state&rlz=1C1OPRB_enUS600US600&oq=unlv+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l3j0j69i61j69i60.4068j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h3ghgv6f;6;/m/012hfxch;dt;fp;1;;

UNLV vs Fresno State 10/18/2019

Randal Grimes
    4 catches for 45 yards 2 TD's

Am I saying Grimes is better than any of the 3 starters? Probably not, but I don't know time will tell. I am saying he's not the srub you're trying to make him out to be either.

Next year Pittman and Jones are gone. Vaughns could leave early too and the next year after that ARS.

Ford is coming off an ACL.
    McCoy has not practiced all season/Illness
    McClain out with ACL
    London could choose Basketball as a career.
    John Jackson 3 freshman

Grimes is a sophomore. D Williams is a freshman. Josh Imatorbhebhe a JR.

I don't care what you think. They blew the evaluation on him, Wole, Sidney, Thomas Graham, Josh I. and on and on. Its a pattern whether you believe it or not.

and Soon Raymond Scott and Jack Sears may expose them too.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    OC2SC likes this.