Quick look at S&C coach Robert Stiner and the Trojans in the weight room

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Feb 8, 2021.

1. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Feb 13, 2021
    This is it for me.

The last few years it has been striking and obvious that USC’s team speed does not elevate them above anybody. Yes, there are a few guys at USC who can run, but opponents are hitting breakaway plays where the defense as a whole is getting out leveraged or just plain run away from.

2. Cardinalblood

Cardinalblood Junior Member

Feb 16, 2021
    I will believe it when I see it. I heard great things about Ausmus, to begin with, and I saw a team that was still smaller than any top ten teams, and most teams even in the top 15 were bigger, faster, and stronger than us. I remember in Pete's days when we showed up on the field and we were just bigger, stronger, and faster than everyone! It was obvious. Now it is obvious that we are slow, small, and weak and it is going to take a lot of work to get us back to what we were in the good old days!

3. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Feb 16, 2021
    Not sure how much of this is Stiner or Notre Dame, but they have some impressive workout routines and biometric tracking for motivational purposes.

A WWE guy recorded his experience training at Notre Dame. Stiner shows up midway in the workout here (fancy tech is shown earlier in the video). Curious whether Stiner will be able to implement everything he wants (e.g. biometric cameras, etc.) in time for this season or if he'll have to wait till next year to have all of his fancy tech installed.

4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Feb 16, 2021
    Better get new tech installed, team had to catch up now

5. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Feb 16, 2021
    Back in CPC’s day, there was a lot of talk of players using “the good” supplements.....