Public Service Message

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by The Mayor of Leah, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Mar 2, 2021
    ...great lol...thanks for the belly ache before padded football practice this afternoon...Brian's right...we don't need another distraction...mostly from he and his network that gave us the Wussia...Wussia...Wussia and other hoax's these past 5 years...:)

2. Jim McNeil

Jim McNeil Points Member

Mar 2, 2021
    3/4 of a Billion to Ukraine already....Shhhhhh!!!

DJ4SC and Troyhorn1 like this.
  3. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021

Can’t be anymore obvious can it?
    Of course the simpleton leftists or useful idiots will never get it.

CrownoftheValley and Jim McNeil like this.
  4. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021
    The Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021 was reintroduced on Tuesday, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) announced on his Twitter account.

“It’s simple: background checks keep guns out of dangerous hands,” Nadler wrote. “More than 90% of Americans want this bill signed into law. Let’s get it passed and save lives.”

Original cosponsors for the federal expansion of background checks on all gun sales include Robin Kelly (D-Ill.), Fred Upton (R-Mich.), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Christopher Smith (R-N.J.), and Lucy McBath (D-Ga.).

“I am proud to support the Bipartisan Background Checks Act to extend the firearms background check requirement so that we can help keep guns out of the hands of felons and others who are legally prohibited from possessing them. No longer should those who are prohibited from owning a gun use gaps in the law like the online sale loophole and the gun show loophole to obtain these weapons,” Nadler wrote on his official website, asserting that the legislation has the “overwhelming support of the American people.”

Additionally, legislation that would grant extra time to federal officials to do background checks was reintroduced by House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.). It aims to end the “Charleston loophole,” which permits gun sales to go ahead even if a background check hasn’t been finalized in three days.

“A large majority of Americans, including gun owners, support universal background checks. This legislation is needed to keep weapons out of the hands of those who should not have them and save lives,” Clyburn said according to The Hill.

The FBI stated last month that it processed a record 39.7 million firearm background checks in 2020, which bested the previous high of 10 million. Reports said that as many as 8.5 million purchased their first firearm in 2020, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation. Meanwhile, a number of gun and ammunition manufacturers reported shortages amid the surge in demand.

Biden earlier this month said that he would push Congress to enact more gun control measures, including allowing gun manufacturers to face lawsuits, banning “assault weapons,” and placing bans on high-capacity magazines. His pick for Attorney General, Merrick Garland, told lawmakers on Monday that he would support the White House’s stance on gun control.

“This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets,” Biden said earlier this month.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bipartisan-background-checks-act-of-2021-reintroduced_3717714.html

Troyhorn1 and CrownoftheValley like this.
  5. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021
    Insight

Questions to Determine Whether a Friend or Relative Is a Lib or a Leftist

By Dennis Prager
    Published March 2, 2021

The great tragedy of our time is that liberals vote left.

Virtually every value liberals have held for a century is now held by conservatives and scorned by leftists. Therefore, America, in serious jeopardy of being lost, will be saved when people convince the liberals in their life that the left, not the conservative, is their enemy.

This process begins by establishing whether a friend or relative is a liberal or a leftist. If it turns out that he or she is a liberal, it is worth engaging in respectful dialogue on the issues of the day. If the friend or relative is a leftist, you can probably only talk about innocuous subjects such as the weather (though not about global warming) or sports (though not about players taking a knee during the national anthem). If you talk about the great issues of the day with a left-wing friend or relative, that could be the last time you talk to each other. He or she is likely to unfriend you not only on social media but also in life. Leftists generally do not dialogue; they dismiss.

Here are questions you might want to pose to friends/relatives to determine — as much for them as for you — whether they are liberal or left.

Race

1. Many universities now have all-black dormitories, and some have all-black graduation exercises. Do you support these developments?

2. The University of California has declared this statement racist: "There is only one race — the human race." Do you agree with the University of California, or do you agree with the statement?

3. Is the goal of being "colorblind" — doing one's best to ignore a person's color and concentrating only on the person's character and personality — a noble goal or a racist one?

4. Do you believe the color of a person's skin tells you anything of importance about that person?

5. Do you agree that all white Americans are racist?

6. If your answer is yes, would you tell the millions of blacks in Africa and the Caribbean who wish to emigrate to America that they would be making a poor decision? If not, why not?

7. Is it possible for a black person to be a racist?

8. Is it racist to claim that Johann Sebastian Bach, Ludwig van Beethoven and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart composed the greatest music ever composed?

9. Is the national anthem racist?

10. If your answer is yes, what would you like to put in its place?

11. The English department at the University of Pennsylvania removed its painting of William Shakespeare because he was a white European male. Do you agree with that decision?

America

12. Do you agree with The New York Times' "1619 Project" that America was not founded in 1776 but in 1619 with the first arrival of black slaves in North America, and that the Revolutionary War was fought in order to preserve slavery?

13. Should statues of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln be taken down?

14. Has the United States, overall, made the world a better place?

15. Would America be better, worse or the same as now if all Americans dropped their religion and became secular?

16. Has capitalism been a net-plus for America and the world?

17. Everyone would like to improve America. Some would like to, in their words, "fundamentally transform" it. Would you?

18. Could a good person have voted for Donald Trump in 2020?

19. Do you believe that CNN, The Washington Post, The New York Times and the rest of the mainstream media are biased toward the left or try to present the news as accurately as possible?

20. Should America have full control over its borders to prevent illegal immigration?

21. There are between 11 and 30 million people in America who entered the country illegally. Should they all be put on a path to citizenship?

22. Should those who enter America illegally be called "undocumented immigrants" or "illegal immigrants"?

23. Do you believe police departments should be defunded, or at least have their budgets severely cut?

24. Should the government provide vouchers to enable parents to choose what school their child attends?

25. Which school do you believe is more likely to be attacked by a gunman: one that has a sign in front that reads, "Gun-Free Zone" or one that reads, "This School Has Armed Personnel"?

Men and Women

26. Should it be legal for a teenage girl to have her breasts surgically removed because she identifies as a male — or should there be a minimum age of 18 or 21?

27. Schoolteachers have been told to stop calling students "boys and girls" because a student might not identify as either male or female. Do you agree with this policy?

28. Should biological males who identify as females be allowed to compete against biological females in sports?

29. Is the statement, "Men give birth" science-based?

30. Do you agree with the practice of inviting a drag queen into public libraries and elementary school classrooms to conduct a "Drag Queen Story Hour"?

Speech

31. Do you believe that free speech allows for hate speech, or should hate speech be banned?

32. If you believe hate speech should be banned, who do you believe should determine what is hate speech?

You might want to send these questions to the people in your life whose views are to the left of your own. At best, you (and they) will realize that you have more in common than either of you previously thought. At the very least, their answers will bring you both clarity. And at worst, they will explain why there is a rift between you — and why you might want to restrict communication to weather, sports, recipes and warm memories.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0321/prager030221.php3

6. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021
    Insight

Andrew Cuomo sexual harassment allegations got a whole lot ickier when he threw the word 'mentor' in the mix

By Heidi Stevens
    Published March 2, 2021

A life hack: If you're 63 and she's 25 and you're her boss, the flirtation is always, every time, definitely unwanted.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, facing sexual harassment accusations from two former aides, released a statement Sunday acknowledging that his interactions at the office "may have been insensitive or too personal."

"I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation," his statement reads. "To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that."

In a New York Times story published online Saturday and on the newspaper's front page Sunday, Charlotte Bennett, 25, said the three-term, 63-year-old governor asked her questions about her sex life, whether she was monogamous in her relationships and if she had ever had sex with older men.

Bennett was an executive assistant and health policy adviser in Cuomo's administration until November.

"He asked me if I believed if age made a difference in relationships, and he also asked me in the same conversation if I had ever been with an older man," Bennett told the Times.

"At one juncture, Ms. Bennett said, the governor also noted that he felt ‘he's fine with anyone above the age of 22,'" the Times reports.

Cuomo's statement called for an "outside, independent review" to look at Bennett's allegations, as well as allegations by former aide Lindsey Boylan, who accused the governor of proposing a game of strip poker on a government airplane and stopping her as she was leaving his office one day to kiss her on the lips.

Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, New York's two U.S. senators, and U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have also called for an independent investigation.

It's hard to imagine a bright political future for Cuomo at this point, especially with the FBI and U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York investigating his administration's handling of COVID-19 in nursing homes. He may be toast. I don't know. I've never been good at, or all that interested in, predicting the future.

But I do find one detail in this whole sordid saga particularly troubling, and that's the fact that Cuomo told The New York Times he believed he was acting as "a mentor" to Bennett.

I'm reminded of a 2019 LeanIn.org survey that looked at the impact the #MeToo movement had on workplace interactions. The survey found 60% of male managers were uncomfortable participating in a common work activity with a woman, such as mentoring — a 32% jump from a year prior. Thirty-six percent of surveyed men said they had avoided mentoring or socializing with a woman because they were nervous about how it would look.

Senior-level men said they were more hesitant to spend time with junior women than with junior men in a range of capacities: They were 12 times more likely to hesitate to have one-on-one meetings with junior women than junior men, nine times more likely to hesitate to travel for work with junior women than junior men, and six times more likely to hesitate to schedule work dinners with junior women than junior men.

Those statistics are obviously lousy news for anyone interested in women advancing in the workplace — which should be everyone, since workplaces, families and communities all benefit tremendously from women's voices, talents and financial security.

Which is why Cuomo imagining himself as Bennett's mentor, even as he acknowledges interactions that had little to do with Bennett's professional growth and everything to do with the maintenance of his ego, is just galling.

"At work sometimes I think I am being playful and make jokes that I think are funny. I do, on occasion, tease people in what I think is a good-natured way. I do it in public and in private," his statement reads. "I have teased people about their personal lives, their relationships, about getting married or not getting married. I mean no offense and only attempt to add some levity and banter to what is a very serious business."

Mentors help you understand and navigate the unique culture of a place. They advocate for you in meetings, whether or not you're there to see it. They coach you on asking for a raise and point you toward opportunities you may not have the confidence to pursue without some nudging.

They are invested in your professional success. Your sex life is none of their business. Their sex life is none of yours. This is true whether there's a one-year age gap or you're the same age as your mentor's twin daughters. (Eww.)

It seems like this would go without saying, but maybe we're not there yet. Maybe there's still a persistent, moldy style of power broker who needs to be reminded that female colleagues and subordinates are humans, just like you, showing up to do their jobs and use their brains and contribute to the cause — which is never, not ever, not even once, your sex life.

7. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021

He could have stop right there.....but it’s important to expose the asinine left.

8. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021

Tick Tock!

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  9. big_pete

big_pete Points Member

Mar 2, 2021
    what are the "gray birds"?

10. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Mar 2, 2021