President Trump Was Right on Dorian Threat to Alabama

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by Linebacker II, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    nice chart big boy...you still fail to cross reference the contradictory claims made by...ready for it..."so-called experts"...the left threw up many of these yahoos (Al Gore comes to the most basic of minds)...please pay attention to words... mine stated are included to be relevant to the issue at hand...don't bloviate GB, just stick to the facts...many people may not have the capability to just focus on the issue presented to them...this common behavior defense mechanism allows the lesser intellect to continually evade specific demands placed upon them, especially when they realize the issue at hand is indeed challenging...try to overcome this...

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  2. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Now you have hurt my feelings. I went so far as to map the media stories on cooling to the actual scientific paper that was referenced. Given that keen mind of yours, I would expect you to analyze the paper and get back to the group here with your results. At the very least, you should be able to validate the methodology used in the paper, which I labeled as flawed. Once you are done with your analysis, I will be more than happy to discuss cross-referencing the next bullet.

3. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    ...you were never asked to cross reference each bullet, but to generalize about the contradictions placed within this argument by folks championing your position...you did not complete this task...clearly you can see that those projections are contradictory to the previous projections-many given by the exact source that stated the original projection...this is what your intellect refuses to accept because you deflect the direct question and project another argument that reinforces your position...overcome your feelings big boy...stick to the question and the facts related to it...

4. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    (laughing) Well, that and the temperature record showed the planet had been cooling from the mid-40's to that point in time in the early 70's. Nice try at changing the story, but as usual, you're full of shit and just making up stories.

Nothing wrong with the Heartland Institute. They're certainly as credible as prominent "scientists" like James Hansen or Phil Jones, who lead the climate change crusade. More so, in fact.

Funny, but that directly contradicts statements you've made in the past about modeling. You're losing track of all your bogus stories and claims ...again.

You do realize that only the first of those three sentences has to do with science, right (even if it does involve altered data)? And that the second and third are political statements?

You're always good for a laugh or two.

5. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    The earths atmosphere has taken billions of years to balance. Common sense says it is not a great idea to mess with it.

6. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    please state the common sense in the following historical projections:
    Timeline of Global Climate warnings:
    1970-We will have an Ice Age by 2000
    1976-Global cooling will cause wipeout of nations by 2000
    1989-Global warming and rising sea levels will wipeout nations by 2000
    1990-5-10 years to save the rainforests
    1999-Himalayan Glaciers will be gone by 2009
    2000-Snow will be a thing of the past
    2007-Global warming will cause fewer hurricanes
    2008-The Arctic will be ice free by 2013
    2012-Global warming will cause more hurricanes
    2014-Global Warming science is settled and cannot be disputed
    2018-We have 12 years to save the planet or we will all die
    2019-We have 10 years to save the planet or we will all die

7. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    can you tell me for sure c02 has no effect on the atmosphere. No you can't, without a doubt the most important ecosystem on the planet and you want to take unwarranted risks. Why, when there are better options?

8. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    (laughing) You're joking, right?

When, exactly did the Earth achieve this supposed atmospheric balance? Before the industrial age? 1970? How about 1994, on a Thursday, in May? Just curious.

CrownoftheValley and Troyhorn1 like this.
  9. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    okay douchex, we can both play...CAN YOU TELL ME FOR SURE THAT CO2 HAS AN OVERWHELMINGLY NEGATIVE EFFECT ON THE ATMOSPHERE?...btw, you're not that clever to answer a question with another question, especially one that infers to qualify your expertise, asking your subject to succumb to your logic...
    answer to your question...No you can't without a doubt answer that question affirmatively either, can you? The biggest problem your ilk has with folks like me, and others who do not buy into your line; is that we may have reasonable questions regarding the data and logic you spew. Instead of engaging in conversation, your ilk tries to either shame folks into crazy "denial status", or you try not so clever ways (like GB above and then you following that lead), into stating some pseudo intellectual bs.
    As I stated to GB, just try answering to the many contradictions climate control advocates-like yourself-are actually spewing.
    You see douchex, control is what is at issue here. Fellow patriots on this board realize this, and climate is just another way for leftists/statists are using this political flag to gain control over the public...just like they are trying to do with gun control...control the public, make them good little lemmings...
    I can't speak for others, but I don't want asshats like you and the GB controlling anyone, let alone myself or my family!!!:)

10. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Fellow Patriots" Lost me on that one. So more pollution makes you a patriot.

11. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    probably did lose you on that one...you don't believe in coincidences do you...PS-I do not...
    Can you answer these assertions:
    1. Which country has the largest carbon emission reduction?
    AMERICA!
    2. Who has dumped the most carbon into the air?
    CHINA!
    3. 91% of the world’s population are exposed to air pollution above the World Health Organization’s suggested level.
    NONE ARE IN THE U.S.A.!
    4. The U.S. now leads the world in energy production... BUT...
    5. Who's got the world's cleanest and safest air and water?
    AMERICA!
    6. The Democrats’ destructive “environmental” proposals will raise energy bill and prices at the pump. Don't Crats care about fighting American poverty?
    7. The badly flawed Paris Climate Agreement protects the polluters, hurts Americans, and cost a fortune.
    8. I want crystal clean water and the cleanest and the purest air on the planet – we’ve now got that!

You see douchex, the climate control policies that your ilk proscribe to will only kill the US economically and then militarily and socially...all the while emboldening our enemies...but that's what you and your ilk really desire...many of us recognize this already...you just have to grow up enough to admit that to yourself...:)

12. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    We've been discussing this topic ad infinitum. There is zero proof that mankind is influencing the climate or the weather. Very few of us here doubt there's some degree of climate change but know that the earth and its 5 billion year history has probably had about as many climate adjustments and will continue to.

Troyhorn1 likes this.
  13. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    George Carlin had a great fact-filled skit about these people...

SoCal93 and Troyhorn1 like this.
  14. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    That's one point.

Another is that if mankind is so influencing, then the role of China, India, et al. must be addressed. To ignore them makes any changes in the USA the equivalent of adjusting the deck chairs on the Titanic.

15. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    would we have clean air and rivers if we left these decisions to the modern day Trump supporter. The ones that think digging a gold mine will not cause and dust or polluted runoff into adjacent rivers. Clean air in LA has taken a lot of sacrifice in case you did not notice. Nothing you are willing to do anymore I presume.

16. Troyhorn1

Troyhorn1 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Douchex, see how real grown ups respond to questions...
    would we have clean air and rivers if we left these decisions to the modern day Trump supporter.
    1. ...of course modern day patriots are supportive of the environment...provide link(s) or other demonstrative evidence to prove your point they are not...
    The ones that think digging a gold mine will not cause and dust or polluted runoff into adjacent rivers.
    2. ...provide link(s) or other demonstrative evidence to prove who in the POTUS Admin are espousing these policies, that those are the policies enacted, or those are the policies trumpeded by your assertion...
    Clean air in LA has taken a lot of sacrifice in case you did not notice. Nothing you are willing to do anymore I presume.
    3. Air quality in LA is much better now than when I attended SC-late 70's early 80's. Absolutely, I would like to do more to protect our environment...but if you are going to tell me that only with your ilk's solutions we are going to get there...then, enthusiastically NO....:)

CrownoftheValley and SCBIGTIME like this.
  17. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    "Fellow Patriots" LOL!

18. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Isn't there a stretch jean sale somewhere?

Troyhorn1 and SCBIGTIME like this.
  19. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    You are mistaken about the temperature record. If you subscribe to "Science" or "Science News" they provide a comprehensive library on every peer reviewed Scientific paper written back to 1922. It shouldn't be hard to guess that given the controversy over global cooling and global warming, someone would analyze the scholarly papers and publish the results.

No, the Heartland Institute is not a reputable provider of climate data. Their papers are not subject to the same verification and reviews that scientists submit to before publishing their results.

Could you be more specific. Since I built trend models for the better part of my adult life, I would like to know where you believe there is a contradiction? I found the 70s comment from the National Academy funny. I wrote my dissertation in 75 and 76. I used a timeshare system at San Diego State to run my model(s). I had a two hour window from 2am to 4am every Friday morning. I had a 2mb hard drive that weighed about 10 pounds and was removable. SDSU assigns a locker when you rent time and you store your HD in the locker.

It was painful staying up all night for a year and a half on Thursday nights. Even more painful was when my algorithms were too complex to execute in 2 hours and I would lose the time and work.

I could easily relate to the National Academy's statement.

Seems like a reasonable assessment.

20. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    "Mankind" is putting a trivial amount of CO2 into the atmosphere, in the scheme of things...but isn't a bit more CO2 better? The atmosphere is pretty massive. Yes, you change the Ocean's ph level when you pee into it, but the Ocean will survive your peeing. The atmosphere will survive the trivial amount the US is contributing.

If in fact the earth is "warming," you might look at that big, hot yellow thing in the sky. Something tells me it has some sort of impact. Just going out on a limb here.

The deal was over when "warming" became "change." Obvious, isn't it? And when every climate prediction came out wrong? Or that every adjustment to the data goes in only one direction? But bottom line: no one is going to do any real sacrificing. Elites aren't giving up their jets, if it means sitting next to you or me on a commercial flight.

Heck--Leonardo DiCaprio flew his hair dresser 6,000 miles from France in a private jet to do his hair for the Oscars. Getting a local celebrity hair person is a sacrifice he is not willing to make to save the planet. But you and I have to give up meat, bike to work and do without air conditioning.