Prayers for Ron Yary

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by billsb1970, Aug 2, 2020.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Prayers for Ron, Fight On.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    I'm confused now. Originally there was a tweet on his account about his dad but that tweet is no longer there. He did re tweet someone else whose dad is in the hospital fighting for his life. Clarification would be great.

gubo&palanka and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  4. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Rodgarnay51 and Cardinal&Gold like this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    What I know is true, because I saw it....when this thread went up, I went to Jack's twitter. He had re-tweeted the following from kal player Trevon Clark, "I got a son and fiancée that I come home to everyday.... I’ll continue to protect them... It’s bigger then just football #WeAreUnited" Jack had added his own comments to that re-tweet which is what you see in Wolf's report. I saw it, so that is true.

[​IMG]

When I went back later, the Clark re-tweet was still there, but Jack's comments had been deleted. Ron seems to have confirmed that he had covid but is not in the hospital. I don't know why Jack posted and then deleted his comments but it's not a good look.

It's also a little strange that he also re-tweeted the following comments from NFL player Donald Hawkins..."My dad is currently fighting for his life with Covid, the doctors say he might not make it through the night. If you have any love for me I ask you for your prayers!"

He really should address what happened here.

gubo&palanka, Trojack and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  6. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/uscs-josh-shaw-opens-up-about-his-lie-and-what-really-happened/

This remindes me off the Josh Shaw jumping out the window to save a drowning kid story. Or the Manti T'eo immaginary GF saga. If the Fake News story is true USC dodged a bullet. Who needs the headaches.

7. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Cardinal&Gold and gubo&palanka like this.
  8. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Aug 4, 2020
    Jack went all in with this today. In response to the SI article, he posted to Twitter: "Damn I bet you feel stupid huh, everything in this article is false he was in the hospital 8 hours yesterday because his oxygen rate is so low because the corona virus is in his lungs, he also denied being put on a ventilator when the hospital was going to do that.

"And he has given my mom every asset and has told her i don’t know if im going to make it. So he has given her the keys to his building and all the paperwork for it. I bet you feel real stupid this is why we don’t let old men have twitter.

"Hes been to the hospital 3 times now. Each for over 4 hours. So how about you get your quotes fron my father and not Wikipedia.

"you never even spoke to my dad, so who do you think knows more, someone with him and living with him or you?"

"Still have not deleted this fake article or apolgized. Shows a mans character Mr. Wolf!"

Troy70, Merlin4SC and gubo&palanka like this.
  9. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Some truth to that quote. Would be better if we didn't let anyone have Twitter though -- total cesspool. Humanity's rage, narcissism, and stupidity on display for all to see -- no room for civil, thoughtful, reasoned discussions. And worst of all, that disease has jumped to fan message boards.

TrojanHoss, Troy70, Merlin4SC and 3 others like this.
  10. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Too much hysteria and people wanting to be part of the movement for political reasons will take any angle they think will help. This really needs to stop. Too much libel and slander and fraud going on now.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    I tend to think that Jack should stop posting about his dad's health and his family's personal business. It's nobody's business really, other than Ron. Perhaps it didn't occur to him that his dad is "and old man". Can't get much more disrespectful or condescending. There's also a reason why 20-somethings have no business managing millions in revenue.
    No truth at all IMO. Who's next to lose access to twitter? Women? Gays? Fatties? Sorry, but ageism is as disgusting as any form of true "ism". Twitter is a cesspool, no doubt. Still no excuse for such a lousy comment. Players should be held to the same standard as other students and employees.

CrownoftheValley and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  12. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    Screenshot_20200807-215651_Samsung Internet.jpg
    I was expecting pops to post. I'm good. Playing the back 9 now.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  13. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    I met Ron Yary about 40 years ago when he came out to my high school to take the team photos. He was tall and lean but muscular. Made quite the impression on some skinny teens to see an AA and All-Pro NFL player. Still have the team pics with his name on them.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  14. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    Don’t hold your breath Jack, Wolfe has still never apologized to LenDale for falsely reporting that he had failed a drug test, two hours before the draft was due to start, nor has he ever issued a correction or an apology for saying Mario Danelo’s accidental death was a suicide.

Cyrus and 901 Club like this.
  15. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    I remember Ron real well. I was at Bosco when Ron was at Bellflower. He was behind me by a year. Good guy. We have mutual friends. One of them just passed away last year. I do hope he will be ok. He has to be about 74 now.