Post Oregon

Discussion in 'USC Baseball' started by twenty twenty, May 21, 2017.

1. Post Oregon
    twenty twenty

twenty twenty Junior Member

May 21, 2017
    Thought the Trojans played hard. Fundamentals still lacking, covering first on the bunts and the steal of home. Disliked the Hubbs interview Friday night where he stated baseball is a grind. Baseball should not be a grind at the college level, it's a privilege to play at SC and should be fun too. I think Sawnn will keep Hubbs for another season. If that's the case, as suggested last year, Hubbs needs to hire a pitching coach. The most storied program in NCAA history will finish in last place. Will Swann do a search? Please no assistant coach. Probably look to the SC pipeline, Florida Gulf Coast. SC needs a big name coach, or keep Hubbs. Parents need a big name coach to justify the extra money involved to send their sons to SC with the hope of playing in Omaha. We are a long way from Omaha today!

2. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

May 21, 2017
    Well said. I hope your wrong, and this is Hubb's last season, but I don't know how committed Swann is to turning this once proud program. If we make a move, nothing less than a head coach with a consistent record of winning and getting to the post season should be considered.
    I guess we will know within a few weeks

3. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

May 22, 2017
    We don't have a pitching coach? I assume you mean a replacement pitching coach?

So far I have not heard anything from Swann that makes me think baseball is anything more than a sport he comments on out of obligation and no real passion for fixing anything.

4. twenty twenty

twenty twenty Junior Member

May 22, 2017
    No, we don't have a pitching coach. Hubbs is both head coach and pitching coach. That doesn't work. Need a coach in the bullpen etc. Hubbs, has Alvarez, Curtis and Batesole, none are pitching guys. Even Savage has a pitching coach, though pitching is his expertise. The number of pitching injuries in the last two season is very high too. Our best recruits will sign pro contracts after the draft. Not close to being an Omaha team.