Portland's pathetic attempt

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by heyrev, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Portland's pathetic attempt
    heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Kate Brown released a statement concerning violence in her state. It begins:
    "As elected officials and community leaders, we are coming together to condemn the acts of violence in Portland that have occurred as thousands of Oregonians have been peacefully protesting for racial justice and police accountability.

The violence must stop.

There is no place for white supremacy or vigilantism in Oregon."

What?!? So what is it--peaceful protests or violent riots? And the perpetrators are white supremacists?!? Am I going crazy or is this the most pathetic attempt at addressing blatant crime in the annals of government? Even for Oregon, this is laughable. Even as benign as it is, two of the city council members wouldn't sign it. Too much 'muscle' for them I guess?

Troianus Acies likes this.

2. SLCTrojan

SLCTrojan Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Sorry, but this is an election year dodge. She's trying to pin the protests on the President.

Just like the mayor is.

It's a baffling concept to me, but common in the print media, that when someone against the President (because, let's be honest, a lot of this protest is against President Trump, not for anything else), and they commit crimes, it's the President's fault.

That is exactly the same argument as saying "I hit that guy with a baseball bat because I was mad at him, so it's his fault."

Frankly, it's the same logic that has been used on campuses to say Conservative speakers must be censored or else the Liberal students will be violent.

"I wouldn't have had to steal that TV set if you hadn't been such a jerk!"

I don't understand it, but it is a common part of the narrative.

-SLC

3. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 4, 2020
    I love how, overnight, it went from they’re just protests to Trump is to blame for the riots.

The ease in which the Left lies is astounding.

Troianus Acies and TheRealAirbns like this.
  4. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Personal responsibility and accountability are common traits lacking on the Left in their personal lives and their ideologies.

5. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    just "WOW!"
    what a lying POS she is... I hope a majority of the people see through this BS and vote against her party of choice in November... I don't think she is on the ballot.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  6. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Last I checked these anarchists aren't protesting against DT. Hell, they're actually going after their own.

Is this happening in America, and is DT the president? Yes.

But specifically this rioting is going on in liberal cities run by liberals, and being torn apart by liberals.
    And the name DT is not even on their lips.

Nope, it's other things. Things that DT has nothing to do with.

He is eventually going to have to send the authorities in though. Because the liberal leadership in these hell holes aren't doing anything to stand up against it. They are supposed to be in charge, and ask for help if they need it. These liberal nuts though won't admit they need it. And for those who are more calculated, they won't ask for it, because they don't care.

But it might force DT's hand, as he said, because the people have to be protected. And liberal leadership isn't going to get the job done.

I love JB's approach though. You want this burning of cities to continue? It will if DT is elected again.

LOL. These people in the streets have taken control of these liberal leaders and their cities. How is that going to change if JB is president. They will just be empowered to do more. They are realizing the bully tactics are working against the liberal leaders. And it will continue in JB's America. You give these leftists an inch, they'll take a mile. Look what they've done to that Portland nut. They have him on the run.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    CrownoftheValley and fssca51 like this.
  7. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    Who knew BLM was a white supremacist group.....and just where were you 95 days ago, darling?

Funny how desperate they get now that the feds have stepped in.

8. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Sep 4, 2020
    We can expect all this violence to increase from now until election day . After that ..... we shall see what we shall see.

9. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Sep 4, 2020
    All this time I thought the people responsible for the violence in Portland and other cities were antifa and blm. Now I realize that roaming gangs of MAGA wearing white supremacists were the cause. Who knew?

CrownoftheValley and TroyBill like this.