Players’ thoughts on Daniel Imatorbhebhe

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Players’ thoughts on Daniel Imatorbhebhe
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Feels like we never really got a chance to see the real Daniel Imatorbhebhe on the field, but his teammates got to know him very well. The outpouring of support has been noticeable as Imatorbhebhe looks to transfer for his sixth year.

Vavae Malepeai: “USO FOR LIFE! WHOEVER LANDS BRO IS GETTING A STEAL”

Dominic Davis: “Truly one of the best men I’ve been around, you deserve better and I’m glad you realizing it. They don’t deserve you, just being honest!!!!” (An interesting one)

Markese Stepp: “Damn this hurt big bro fr. Gonna miss u bruh. One of the best ppl ik fr. Keep being u bruh u gonna shine wherever u go. Luv”

Michael Pittman: “Great player, even better man. True unselfish teammate that I could always count on. Fight On brotha, can’t wait to see you shine”

Isaac Taylor-Stuart: “Mann where to start. This man looked out for me when I was at my lowest and checked up on me when I got injured. always kept it real & took me out to eat for my bday since i’d celebrate. This man is a brother to me. I’ll remember our talks. You My Brotha4L”

Jake Olson: “Watch out cuz some team out there is getting a lot better! Daniel, I just need a hug before you go!”

2. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    It appears Davis is a bitter man towards SC.

3. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    He was flipped back and forth a lot. I’m sure spending a career not knowing what position you’ll play year to year would be really frustrating. Definitely didn’t hide his feelings there though.

4. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Wasn't quite good enough at either position to beat out better players. As I recall, he originally signed with WSU and probably should have stuck with it; would have had more chance to play and possibly excel at one position.

KANDI11, Rodgarnay51 and LDIABootney like this.
  5. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jul 29, 2020
    The Pirate would've gotten the most out of him vs ClayDoh.

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  6. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Perhaps, and I get the sentiment, but in SC's defense...he wasn't better than anyone playing ahead of him. That's just a fact. Could he have filled a different role at Wazzu, perhaps. Could he have developed better, maybe, but Wazzu has tons of players that won't ever see the field either.

Davis was never an elite player. Would have been a better fit being elite in the WAC or at Montana or something. He got to stay home, be on a premier team...that was all that was ever going to happen for him at SC.

KANDI11 and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  7. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jul 31, 2020
    Agree. They gave him a shot at 3 different positions, 4 if you count KR.

8. wes4usc

wes4usc Junior Member

Jul 31, 2020
    Re: Davis, I think his statement came from his own feelings about how his own career turned out. Daniel Imatorbhebhe didn't play because he was injured, plain and simple. If DI never got injured, he would have played a lot and would already be in the NFL. SC did not do anything to hinder his career.

KANDI11 likes this.
  9. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Davis had the same opportunity to do what DI did. He should have taken it instead of letting it bitter him.

10. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    As he should be.

Davis never got a Fair chance to play in games. Once they start that move you from offense to defense thing and back and forth. It's over at USC.

*Raymond Scott LB pay attention you may waste your entire College career on the bench. You are not a DB. You are a LB. Unless the new DC gives you a clean slate. You need to have a talk with the DC and straighten this out. Talk to Dom Davis and the Imatorbhebehe's

Wole Bitiku (NFL)
    Cary Angeline
    Josh Imatorbhebehe
    Trevon Sidney
    Randall Grimes
    Kenny Bigelow
    Jamel Cook
    Pie Young
    Devon Williams
    Caleb Wilson (Didn't even get a Scholarship offer) Drafted NFL

There are over 2 dozen players I could list that never really got a fair chance to play in games not even garbage time. A few have gone on to have good careers. Some ended up in the NFL. Jordan Simmons went on to play for Seattle he was moved back and forth from offense to defense at USC and never was really considered for PT.

One can only surmise. One of three things happened with Davis.

1. Helton was not forthright and said look you will never play here. I'll help you find a new team.

2. He strung him along dangling a carrot by offering a new position and hope.

3. He made a mistake evaluating him and should take the blame for that. Something he hasn't done.

If Dom was told he had no future at USC and to move on and he ignored that you wouldn't expect the quote. History shows otherwise. Too many people have spoken out about the FAVORTISM for me to change my opinion.

Erik you can ask Dom Davis directly off the record if you really wanted to know the truth. I've talked to a dozen current and former players directly. Out of respect for them I will not post what was said on a public site. It's not all champagne and caviar in that locker room.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    BigDaddy likes this.
  11. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020
    The Imatorbhebehe's are just great human beings. They love Josh at Illinois. He found a home. I've heard the same thing about Daniel.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  12. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Say what? Why does it have to be sabotage or a conspiracy theory? On a roster of 85 players, 20 or so will never see the field, never. That pretty much goes for every team. You supplement your front lines w/ lesser scholly players, longterm projects and walkons. There have been many conversion projects that worked well, and many that have not.

Helton deserves lots of blame for underdeveloping highly recruited players, bringing in subpar coaches to develop, lacking any vision for a scheme that makes the most of the players he has, etc, but he doesn't deserve blame for Davis' potential and outcome. If I had heard grumblings previous OC's/DC's really wanted to see Davis on the field and Helton nixed it, then maybe.

I think you're confusing Devon Kennard or Chris Galippo w/ Davis. Those were truly cases of misusing players...but at least it was clear these athletes were good enough to be on the field in any way...even if at the wrong position...that was not the case w/ Davis.