Petros today (Stoops)

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SeattleTrojan, Dec 5, 2019.

2. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Petros is right and Folt/Fold flubbed it.

3. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    "Unfrigging real"...is that Petros or Folt?

4. USCSAE

USCSAE Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    So they have Bohn lie yesterday and say he never reached out to other coaches, and then they release this less than 24 hours later? How fucking dumb is our athletic dept? Will Tessalone ever be fired?

And it broke down over money? Again, how dumb are they? Stoops is going to a start up league where the odds are it won’t last 2 years, and he knows that so what is his leverage? But even assuming he wasn’t budging on terms, how much where we off by?

More than lost ticket rev, donations and merchandise? My guess is Helton will cost the school a shit load more than small game Bob, who I didn’t want, but now would take in a second over Helton.

I think this is an attempt to stem the vitriol that Carol and Bonehead are getting but somehow did not expect.
    Oh shit, the alums are really pissed, didn’t expect that - quick let’s put out a statement that we tried to get Bob so it isn’t our fault.

Sorry for all the rants the last 24 hours, but I just can’t shake this.

5. Tod78

Tod78 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Those that talk, don't know. And those that know, don't talk.

bell and RB4SC like this.
  6. ACETrojan

ACETrojan Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Ok, but what I want to know is, does Bohn or ANY AD have the power to say no to Stoops, Meyer or anyone who makes this request? I hear there is a powerful group above the AD calling the shots and not wanting to relinquish control. If this is true we are screwed forever and I demand to know who these people are. (I got this from what Petros insinuated last night.)

Oh, and F Bohn anyway.

7. 1988Trojan

1988Trojan Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    If Boner was chasing that lazy arse money grubbing Stoops ... we would be as doomed as with Gomer

8. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Trustees Rick Caruso, Max Nikkias, Jane Harman (yes ex-US Rep from So Bay), Title IX nazis led by Donna Turner and Gretchen Means, Elizabeth Graddy, and Folt herself just to name a few.

YES, they are so entrenched that previously responsible guys on the board are scared to death of these social justice warriors. These people have been undermining our program for a long time and these are the current players who appear to have disdain for everything we stand for. They are quietly gloating this week at our expense. There are so many responsible for this environment you could write a 300 page book on how they came together to force us into mediocrity.

When you think about it, it explains Claydo's attitude. I know fully expect him to rub our nose in it.

9. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Maya and at least two other place said Helton was out. Didn’t buy their bull sheet, and not buying this crap either.

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Petros’ source is Wolf. He wrote a column about it. And Wolf tends to make stuff up.

Trojan Man 30 likes this.
  11. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Makes perfect sense if true. If Bohn was close to bringing Stoops onboard then Maya’s sources would have thought Helton was out. Plaschke heard the same thing.

12. Fan Base

Fan Base Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Why the hell is Nikias involved in anything. The school will be suffer from his time at SC for years to come. Sure glad I pulled the plug on C&G and seasons two years ago to not fuel this out of control and growing dumpster fire.

13. HOFFA

HOFFA Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Not sure I believe this but Stoops would have been a disaster.