Petros Speaks On The Latest Firings At USC & What This Means

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Esthersar, Jan 16, 2020.

2. August West

August West Points Member

Jan 16, 2020
    All those points PP made were posted on this board by myself, and a few others.....

It’s safe to say, we were right.

And before any of you start boohooing PP like he’s comparable to Wolf, know this, PP is as connected internally as anyone can be. His info is absolutely legit.

This also shines more light on the obvious....Matt Lopes’ “sudden” rise in the coaching ranks.

KnightsWhoSayNi and Troy70 like this.
  3. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    You and Wolf have a lot in common, along with a broken clock.

4. August West

Jan 16, 2020
    We were right....have been for years.

You were wrong....as usual.

Read more......post less

reaLchaZZZy likes this.
  5. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Son, you’ve been schooled so often it’s boring. Don’t break your arm trying to pay yourself in the back. Everyone has been saying Lopes has to go for 10+ years. But nice try.

6. August West

Jan 16, 2020
    Stop being a dishonest POS.

The points brought up by PP are the same ones posted here by myself and few others.

Lopes’ firing isn’t the discussion.

Fuckin waterhead.

7. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    I certainly didn't hear anything new or earth-shattering. Lopes was clearly politicking against Urban. He would never have survived a housecleaning. Orr has had far too much control for too long, of his fiefdom. It needed to be blown up.

3rd Slide likes this.
  8. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Petros Papadakis is the freshest, most honest, and most knowledgeable media voice on USC Football during the past six months and arguably during the past few years. For years, he’s called out a lot of the problems that are now clearly visible (including Lopes).

9. Steve From Florida

Steve From Florida Member

Jan 16, 2020
    The problem is that there is so much noise and so many "insiders". Tough to find when or what is real. So far the one person that has been pseudo-spot on is ThorinHB.

ConquerorSC and RobertSmithLA like this.
  10. August West

Jan 16, 2020
    Never said the info was new. Of course it’s not new, it was posted before.

The issue is many on this board, and others, rejected those points....not you, per se, but a lot of folks did.

That’s my only point.

Folks questioned things because there was no “link”.

11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    I was agreeing with you....or at least attempting to, lol.
    Agreed as far as the micro level. However, it is a common theme that the entrenched power at USC and within the Athletic Department is solely responsible for 2 decades (at least) of problems and consequences. Who said the ultimate "no" to Urban? That could be argued in a handful of ways but again, the one thing that is true, is that none of the people who were fired would have survived an Urban "renewal" of the staff and he wanted full control.

If you want to know where Folt stands on everything, read her twitter. She's a predictable academic placeholder with no passion for athletics. North Carolina had basketball before Carol and they have it now. She's a Gaucho-educated state-type employee. Where USC is ranked in athletic terms? Not a priority.

12. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    A few years ago Petros Papadorkis said the #1 sports scandal of all time - worse than the Chicago Black Sox and Pete Rose and others was the Reggie Bush fiasco. Lost all credibility with me forever.

LDIABootney and CrownoftheValley like this.
  13. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    I don’t know where it should rank among the all time sports scandals. But it is the one that affected me the most, by far.

14. August West

Jan 16, 2020
    Ok, thanks, I think? ;)

15. Steve From Florida

Jan 16, 2020
    Good points. I do know that her period at UNC was not well received. I know people point to the addressing of the tutoring scandal, but the people in the know (I will not and cannot say anything about the people I know, but I am also not making any predictions either), she is not a favorite of the academia.

The implication is that HH has been conspiring to hold football down for 20 years. That does not make sense. Why? Football, especially with the Kennedy money has been a good resource. The Public Storage dude as well (apologies for not googling the name).

This seems counter productive.

16. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Yesterday on PMS, Petros told the funniest story...

I had the volume on low so I didn't get the specific details but it was about a property for sale where he grew up. The family was extremely wealthy with a property that had something like 10 guest houses on it. They let a bunch of "Kato Kaelin's " live there, artsy fartsy type people, according to PP.

When PP was a kid, there were rumors about the mother drowning her kids in the bathtub. Other rumors about murders by the family, etc. Kids rumors.

When PP was in high school, he and 2 friends decided to drive up their driveway at night. Once they got up the long driveway, a car in the dark starts up and they all got spooked and took off.

Right after that, PP was working at his pop's restaurant and the mother came in. PP described her as a beautiful woman with long gray hair since she was old...she ordered a bottle of wine and the rack of lamb, bloody red, that she took to the face. His father, JP, brought the mother over to PP while he was waiting tables and introduced her and he freaked the fuck out. PP told his pops about the rumors and asked JP if he had ever been to the property. JP said that he had and even went swimming in their pool when he was much younger.

Long story short, none of the rumors were true. Just a bunch of weird, hippie, artsy, people that allowed others to live in their guest houses. And the property is now for sale for the cool price of $13MM.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-financier-built-this-tuscan-estate-in-california-a-century-ago-11577978953

17. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Interesting that Petros points out how well liked Helton is and the reason for that is that they ALL can control him.
    Nothing to do with integrity. All about how they can control him.

Meanwhile seemingly everyone meaningful in the athletic department and school administration is ripping the school off or covering up some type of criminal behavior.

18. August West

Jan 16, 2020
    Hughes

19. Steve From Florida

Jan 16, 2020
    I feel a little silly quoting a single word, but gracias. I like your posts. Please keep them less Java's board and more this one. You are a good contributor.

20. SCAnteater

SCAnteater Junior Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Rise in the coaching ranks? He's a "Recruiting & Personnel Assistant". He's probably a gofer, maybe collecting Hudl videos or some such. No doubt he got his job due to nepotism but he's not a coach.