Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Peete2Affholter, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic...
    Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    ...that this game was televised on a FRIDAY at freakin' FIVE PM!

WTF, Larry Scott? Seriously? Even high school games wait until 7:30pm, to let people who might actually want to watch the game get home from work and get to the game. Scheduling the Conference Championship Game at this time all but guaranteed that almost nobody would watch it, and few of those who otherwise wanted to could not because they were driving home or otherwise taming care of their Friday evening errands, like I was. I had to settle for listening to the bulk of the game on the radio.

Ventura Trojan likes this.

2. Thunderpunch

Thunderpunch Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 1, 2017
    ESPN also has a quote from Scott about Friday night games.

“We added a parameter that says you cannot schedule a team to play a Friday night road game after a Saturday road game,” Scott said. “Hindsight's 20/20. If we could re-engineer some things, there would probably be a long list of things we'd do differently.

“But, you know, no one's got the benefit of doing that.”

He needs to see an eye doctor, because we all saw that before the season started.

3. Fyton82

Fyton82 Points Member

Dec 1, 2017
    This moronic fool panders to the East Coast TV market while knowing (or should know) most of his core West Coast market is sitting in traffic on the way home from work at 5pm on Friday night. Maybe if Tennis Boy scheduled the game on a Saturday, they wouldn't have had to tarp over the tens of thousands of empty seats in the upper deck.

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    It happened to work out for me as I had most of the day off, but I can see the difficulty in getting home from work on a Friday night. Regarding scheduling, Larry Scott has apparently said that the Pac-12 scheduling was done poorly and played a role in keeping Pac-12 teams out of the CFP.

"That the Pac-12 commissioner lobbied for a Pac-12 team in the playoff conversation wasn’t surprising, but Scott’s stance on his two-loss champion was too little, too late. In fact, it’s fair to look at the schedule the conference handed USC this season -- which included 12 consecutive weeks without a bye -- and come away thinking it contributed to the Trojans finishing on the outside looking in."

Edit: Looks like Thunderpunch and I are quoting the same article.

5. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Worked for me in the central time zone! And now we get to relax and enjoy the weekend slate.

6. Ventura Trojan

Ventura Trojan Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Left work from woodland hills at 4:00. Destroyed multiple speed limits and traffic laws. Arrived at supermarket in Simi Valley at 4:45. Purchase beer and chicken wings for the Traegger. Arrived at home 4:55. Threw chicken on the grill. Cracked a cold one. Missed kick off. Was in chair for first play. Come on man give us a break. Game should've been played on a Saturday

Peete2Affholter and TrojanRB like this.
  7. uscmule

uscmule Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    You should also plan ahead!

8. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Dec 1, 2017
    My son noted that the stupid Pac desire for Friday night games, so the conference could have sole attention, damaged the power of the conference, not just with USC. Every top ranked team in the conference lost a Fri night road game.

9. Poodlemothra

Poodlemothra Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Seriously? I live in Florida and one of SC's games STARTED at 10:45 pm. Another at 10:00 pm. Some other Pac 12 games start at 11:00 pm every freaking weekend. Don't think that's about the East Coast audience, it's always about the Networks.

10. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    That coast will never have the appetite to see West Coast teams play that those that live on this coast do.

If he was at Goodyear he’d send most of the snow tires to the L.A. market because there’s obviously an unexploited market here, and let the northeast make do.

DJ4SC likes this.
  11. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Larry Scott is a liar