Pac-12 player group threatens to opt out, makes list of demands on injustice, safety

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by LaissezFaire28thStUSC, Aug 1, 2020.

1. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Glad Karen cleared when and how you can use bitch. However she will never have the standing to define "Karen". In the least it's a conflict of interest.

CrownoftheValley and uscvball like this.
  2. Ridge Rider

Ridge Rider Points Member

Aug 3, 2020
    I opted out on the "liar" back on Independence Day.

August West likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Let's clarify a few things....shall we?

1) Don't start no shit, won't be no shit. My post was directed at someone not named Scooby. Capiche?
    2) The poster to whom I replied has had me on ignore for TWO years. She didn't read what I posted....right?
    3) You don't know everyone I know, so a pointless comment IMO
    4) I did not, and have not, EVER called any of her family members a bitch
    5) That poster defined her own "rules" for when bitch is okay to use. I, as well, have my own rules. Seems fair.

Refer to point #1^^^. This is the second time I have had to point out that you have come for me when I did not call. You deserve every single profane word that comes in your direction.

What's "interesting" is that aimeeD "liked" your post when she has had me on ignore for TWO YEARS. She is hardly in a position to judge my personal use of nomenclature. Furthermore, when a person dictates the rules and behavior of others without ever checking for the log in her own eye, that makes one a hypocrite.

You are still one of the worst posters here. Lazy, unintelligent, nonintellectual, lacking in basic analytical ability, dishonest, yet quite capable of superior puerility.

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Never changes. Her rules....for everything.

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  5. Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    What a great take on this situation.

6. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    In CFB terms, 10 years is a long time. A really long time. I do not think there are even 15 Div1 coaches who have lasted 10 years.

7. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Aug 3, 2020
    If you say so, but I still think USC football players are pretty darn loyal today.

8. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    From the number of people who claim that have you on IGNORE, it seems you're the one who is not missed.

Since I'm sure I've never attended a USC sporting event where I met you or encountered you in person, I'm unaware that you're in charge of personnel. So you're opinion of whether or not I would be "missed" is irrelevant.

No rationale, knowledgable person of good will would support BLM.

https://townhall.com/columnists/ryanbomberger/2020/06/05/top-10-reasons-i-reject-the-blm-n2570105

Three Reasons Why Christians Should Reject #BlackLivesMatter
    https://www.deliveredbygrace.com/three-reasons-why-christians-should-reject-blacklivesmatter/

6 Reasons Black Christians Must Denounce BLM
    https://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/2020/07/26/6-reasons-black-christians-must-denounce-blm-n2573070

Niger Innis: BLM Seeks to 'Overthrow Western Civilization,' 'Disrupt' the Traditional 'Nuclear Family'
    https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/niger-innis-blm-seeks-overthrow-western-civilization-disrupt

Black Lives Matter Founder Proudly Admits BLM Is A Radical Marxist Organization
    https://en-volve.com/2020/06/19/watch-black-lives-matter-founder-proudly-admits-blm-is-a-radical-marxist-organization/

9. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Aug 3, 2020
    Your ridiculous argument reminds me of comments that were made when Koufax and Drysdale held out. The best pitchers on the defending World Series champions were widely viewed as heretics in the context of their time. There was no free agency, no salary arbitration, and no power in the players’ union.

Total revenue for the 2020 football season is more than $4 billion. They will figure something out.

10. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Aug 3, 2020
    You could indeed.....but then, because I'm sick and tired of your crybaby, non black, mentally deficient bitch ass.......I'd be forced into taking things further than you will find comfortable.

Do yourself a favor, wanna be negro......find another person to focus your misogynistic mental derangement on. The anonymity you believe you enjoy while posting here is a common misconception among low IQ, backwards thinking sheep like yourself.

Make no mistake, wanna be negro, I'm not Keen. I won't agree to meet you in a public place. I will meet you at a time and place of my choosing with zero input from you. If you think I'm making a threat, think again.

Mind your manners and your business, boy.

11. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

Aug 3, 2020
    Gary B failed to state what was "ridiculous" about the quoted sentences. To the contrary, SCBIGTIME's statements were true and wise.

The reference to Koufax and Drysdale holding out was a different situation. Major League Baseball had an anti-trust exemption. They didn't have to do anything. There is high overhead in professional baseball with the minor league system and training facilities. So recouping their investment is smart business. Koufax and Drysdale thought about show biz as an alternative. But then they wised up and went back to their day jobs.

Gary B claims to understand economics. More people want to play in the major leagues than there are jobs. That's supply and demand. Koufax and Drysdale learned that lesson.

As many have pointed out, college students get perks and free tuition. There is no coercion. Athletes are free to leave any time if they don't like the bargain.

A better analogy would be unpaid internships that lots of college students do. Athletes get lots of value, and they're lucky they're not taxed on the value received. So again ATHLETE PRIVILEGE shows up. They get paid to play, just not in cash but with in-kind consideration.

CrownoftheValley and August West like this.
  12. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Aug 4, 2020
    As someone who uses the "ignore " option, I certainly respect the choice. I am all for free association.

As for whether or not you will be missed, I don't need to be affiliated with the AD to make that observation. Trumper types have been supposedly boycotting the NFL for years, yet the NFL is more "woke" than ever. (Not that I care one way or the other about the NFL. ) There has been a monumental shift in public opinion in favor of the basic ideal that black lives matter.

Unfortunately for you all, diehard college football fans only care about winning and rooting for their teams. And the people who aren't die hard CFB fans are probably more inclined to the "woke" side. You think LSU fans and Alabama fans are going to boycott CFB? Besides, I thought most of you guys were already boycotting Trojan football because of Helton, Folt etc. I am just wondering when you will boycott the fan board? Or will you continue to hang out here, pretending you don't care about USC football?

13. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    "I thought most of you guys were already boycotting Trojan football because of Helton, Folt etc. I am just wondering when you will boycott the fan board? Or will you continue to hang out here, pretending you don't care about USC football?"

Who is "you guys" with so many people on ignore? How would you know who allegedly claimed to boycott anything?

More importantly....WeAreSC is more than a "fan board" to many of us. GarryP was a friend, not just some distant publisher as he was to you. Plenty of us continue to post, not just "hang out", to support his dream and now Erik's. And this OT forum is named for one of Garry's closest friends and confidants, MKJ, both of whom held you in very high disregard. When will you stop pretending that you care at all about the truth. Currently, you support a movement that will end up with the demise of just about every sport outside of football and basketball. The Women of Troy are so appreciative of your dismissal.

14. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

Aug 4, 2020
    Your views are part of the problem. Sports used to be a unifying opportunity. Not now. Liberals are determined to make sports (and every other aspect of our lives) divisive.

You don't speak for the AD. My observation is that you don't speak for anyone but yourself on this board.

Didn't Trump attend the LSU/Alabama game and get an ovation? You probably don't speak for those fans either.
    You don't speak for ANY college football fans.

I'm from a multi-generation Trojan family. I don't need a lecture from you or anyone about supporting USC football.

AMLTrojan and August West like this.
  15. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Aug 4, 2020
    This isn't about "liberals." This is about human beings asking to be heard.

Yes, Trump got a warm welcome at the LSU/Alabama game. Do you think those fans care more about Trump than they do football? I know Trumpism is a cult. But football is a religion. They aren't going to turn on Saban because he embraces BLM.

No one is "lecturing" you. I am telling you like it is. If your support for Trojan football is so easily wavered by the concerns of our athletes, you know where the door is. You won't be missed.

16. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Let me know when unpaid internships is a $4 billion business and I'll agree with your analogy.

Koufax and Drysdale were slaves that earned their owners billions. College football players are slaves that earn their owners billions. Get the analogy?

The idea that college athletes get tuition, room and board as a fair trade is absurd. The idea that these aren't professional athletes is equally absurd. College football is simply another form of exploitation that needs to be changed.

aimeedee likes this.
  17. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Since you like charts and graphs, this link should appeal to you: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Now, as an economist, you'll be able to tell me how many schools can afford to actually pay their athletes any amount of money. Most of those schools on that list are barely breaking even with what they are bringing in compared to what they are spending on their athletics programs. The pay the players receive is indeed tuition, room, and board, and on top of that, they are also being provided with educations and the chance to make it big in the big leagues.

Besides the practicality of what I pointed out above, paying the players as if they were professionals would open up so many more cans of worms than would be worth it. It would be the end of college athletics, not as we know it, but period.

So, just to be contrarian, I'll agree with your last statement: "College football is simply another form of exploitation that needs to be changed." Yes, and the best way to equalize that would be to simply stop the sport, just get rid of it altogether. That is literally the only way all the players would be treated equally. Do that, and the players will suddenly realize just how good they have it now.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  18. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    And yes, these players ARE entertainment. Saying that doesn't take away from their humanity; the two are NOT mutually exclusive. But by their choice to play a game to entertain others, they have made themselves entertainers. And all entertainers are dependent upon the whims and pleasures of the entertained. A singer that sucks at song writing or doesn't have a great voice will not have fans. Sports figures, from college level to the pros, will find out how their choices as entertainers to bring politics into their sports will affect those whom they have chosen to entertain.

On personal level, I had already lost a LOT of desire to watch sports during the months of total lockdown; I simply found better things to do with my time and realized how unimportant sports are overall to my life. I was mildly looking forward to watching some sports again if they started up, but now that the politics and divisiveness and the preachy attitudes have invaded sports, I'm not watching anything for now. To me, that's not entertaining. My choice. I'm only one individual, but I have to wonder how many others feel the same way as I do, based on online reactions and many people I've talked to in person lately.

19. Ricky Bell 42

Ricky Bell 42 Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Koufax and Drysdale earned the O'Malleys Billions? How so? When they played, field and loge tickets were 5 and 6 dollars. $1.75 for bleacher seats. Club, i think 8 bucks back then. Tv revenue was not huge back then

SouthbayTrojan91 likes this.
  20. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Ridiculous. Any of them are were/ are free to pursue any other course in life. Nobody is forcing these players to play football. They are 18 when they sign a binding contract. Tuition plus MANY other financial perks are the consideration for what they bring to the school, because most aren't bringing their academic expertise, nor are most contributing to the academic environment. They don't get on TV, get promoted, get tutored, coached, trained, live way beyond the means of other students, get the benefit of travel, get prepared for the NFL....on their own. The schools do MUCH of what allows them to "earn money" for the school or conference. And it's not all of them who earn shit. 1% do all the work, get all the fame, play in the NFL. Perennial pine riders and black shirts are a negative cost.

But you made this all about football and it's supposed to be about ALL college athletes. The conversation MUST include everyone, including all the women who play college sports. They are about to be destroyed. The thing is, women carry their academic weight, both in terms of getting admitted with comparable states and in the classroom. Most football players wouldn't get in to some of these schools, certainly not USC today, without their football skills. You know what the minimal is they have to earn in order to maintain their scholarship? A 1.65 GPA. That's it. Pathetic.

Without the infrastructure, the process, the venues, the TV, the fans....ALL of it, they don't make a fucking dime. I actually don't have a problem with a few of the things they want but 50%? No. Social justice? Not possible. 2% just for black athletes? No. Health insurance for 6 years after they leave? No.

CrownoftheValley likes this.