OT (kind of) From the players perspective....

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Buck Dancer, Jul 6, 2020.

2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Guy has always been an ass

3. SoAmericanTrojan

SoAmericanTrojan Junior Member

Jul 6, 2020
    that does not make him wrong...jus sayin

4. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Wear that mask Sean, that mask that actually does nothing to protect you! Keep believing the lies Sean!

By the way, all you baseball players are young and healthy, this virus will not do any great harm to you and the small chance you do have symptoms, you’ll be fine in a few days!

Sean, you probably should stop driving a car on the streets as well because there is a million times better chance that you will die in a car crash than with this virus. Heck, there is a far better chance of you getting shot walking down the street so you better stay inside or wear body armor if you have to go out.

Sean, stay inside when it’s raining, you may get hit by lightning!

I guess you can tell I’m over the lies we’ve been fed, and most people still aren’t pissed off that this was an intentional drop. Wake up people!

KeenObserver likes this.
  5. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jul 6, 2020
    And by the way Sean, it’s real easy for you to shut down and stay home having no financial worries at all. How about the millions of people who lost their jobs or their business that they worked their whole lives for? How about the people having mental problems from the stress, uncertainty, etc? Take your mask and shove it Sean!

6. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Jul 6, 2020
    It was probably time for a cleanse in professional sports anyway. We'll see what he has to say when his salary goes down 50%...

I think the owners should treat it like a walk out. Let the players that want to play do so and anyone that doesn't want to play can stay home. That will open up opportunities for a lot of people.

7. SGVFlip

SGVFlip Points Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Totally agree...Economic rent, let them earn money somewhere else...

I think all these protests, looting, and far left idealogies have turned off lots of casual sports fans, there will be some sort of silent boycotts, etc....with the pandemic, uncertainties with income streams, etc, people will not be watching, and the $$ for owners and athletes will shrink...

BarNone likes this.
  8. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Jul 7, 2020
    I think that many Americans are finding out with this whole virus thing what they can and can't do without... and from those that I've talked to, following sports is high on the list of what they can do without! It wouldn't be a bad thing for pro sports/sports stars to figure out that they are entertainment and nothing more. Maybe this will help to reign in absurdly high salaries, etc. for those who essentially do no more than play games for entertainment value.

TrojanHorse likes this.
  9. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 7, 2020
    I'm with you dude. I do miss having a baseball game on in the background, but my Saturdays can get pretty freed up if I don't give a crap about SC that much. I'll still watch but my enthusiasm for sports has gone down by 90%. I already let my league commissioner know I wont be joining the fantasy league this year.

IETrojanFan likes this.