OT Injury Report

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by 3XUSCDad, May 31, 2017.

1. OT Injury Report
    3XUSCDad

3XUSCDad Junior Member

May 31, 2017
    We lost my wife for the season due to a severe leg injury. She had a full blow out of her hamstring today tearing both tendons.The ER doc at UNC hospitals was amazed at the freakish injury, and said she normally only sees this severe of a leg injury with athletes. A sports medicine orthopedist is scheduled to assess her tomorrow AM. The injury was a complete tear of the semimembranousus muscle & a complete tear of the biceps femoris muscle and a partial tear of the saturater externus. This means I will have to get my own snacks during football games this season thus weakening my psychological impact on the games. Preliminary report is that she will miss the whole season, even the championship game. :(

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Sorry to hear about your wife, hope she recovers fast and at least make it to the NC game. But most likely she is going to be redshirted this year.

3. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Man, i was hoping that the injury bug wouldnt hit hard this year, but alas, it has... do you have a child maybe who has been developed to step in if needed, maybe? I hope your wife's recovery is smooth and quick.

4. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Holy moly! How in the heck did those injuries occur? Btw, what's a "saturater externus" Do you mean the obturator externus/internus in the ischial region?
    I recall there are three hamstring muscles in that leg group: semitendinosus, semimembranosus, and the biceps femoris. Wow, was she lifting weights doing work on her legs?

5. wyotrojans

wyotrojans Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Rehab and rest and come back next season even stronger. Glad to hear she's out because of injury and not off the field issues.

6. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Wow! Hammies injuries are tough. I guess we shouldn't ask how she managed to get that severe of an injury? Hope she has a smooth recovery. Of course, the most devastating thing is the fact you will have to get your own snacks during the game. But, you are just going to have to Fight On!

7. Poodlemothra

Poodlemothra Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    You know, they are using drones for delivering all kinds of stuff these days.Chips shouldn't be a problem.

8. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    A few years back, my wife broke her foot just before Memorial Day and was in crutches and then a boot all summer, with the boot coming off after Labor Day. With a 1 and 3 year old at the time, that absolutely killed summer activities (e.g. trips to the beach and so forth). So you have my sympathies!

9. 3XUSCDad

3XUSCDad Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Thx for all your replies, both serious and fun. SoCalN8tiv the muscle is located near the glutimus minimus underneath.. I am happy to report I have a grad transfer (hope she turns out like Stevie T last year). Its my daughter (Annenberg Grad) who just moved home two months ago from Cali, and is living with us temporarily. I told her it was time for her to man up (I mean woman up), and take up Mom's slack. I will look into the drone thing Poodle, didn't think of that. The thought cheers me. On the positive side, I now have all off season to work on this. I will be watching a lot of film, aka home videos.

10. billtrojan

billtrojan Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Must be the new strength and conditioning coach. According to the other thread, we never had any reports of wife injuries during the Chris Carlisle years :-)

11. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Tell the wife it's great rehab to get back to rolling out the trash bins in 2 weeks....

Hope for a speedy recovery to Mrs. 3X!

12. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Sorry to hear about the roster shake up 3x's.

Here's to a speedy recovery and a little story about a forsome that is now a threesome....

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.
    My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol to get a full-time job, along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working,

I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her Instead,

I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch each day in the Men's Grill at the Golf Club, so eating out is not an option in the evening. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door! She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner.

I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed. Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer

encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two, even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.. When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods... She had to take a break when she was only half-finished mowing the front lawn. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man.. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol. I'm not saying that showing this much patience and consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

Note:

Ron died suddenly on August 31 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra-long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby. His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defense that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club...

13. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Prayers for your wife, and for Ron above.

14. Lomarq4SC

Lomarq4SC Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Too bad it wasn't a tooth injury because we could send the USC Dentist over to help.

Speaking of help, couldn't you hire a nice 24 year old lady to help around the house?

15. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Juju said she should have a few pins put in and play through the pain. You know, for the team...

16. Pasadena Trojan

Pasadena Trojan Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    I guess from now on, you have to limber up before you get out of a work chair. God's speed in healing.

17. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Next woman up?

Kidding of course; best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery!

18. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Prayers for your wife, and for a back up plan for chips, etc.

19. oldtrojan93

oldtrojan93 Junior Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Is there a red-shirt wife you can play?

20. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Man, I told you to practice safe sex! Now look what you've done! Who will start at " head song girl"? Really though God bless her and hope she recovers well and is back to answering your snack calls