Official speculation post mortem thread: What happened?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by KeenObserver, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Cardinalblood

Cardinalblood Junior Member

Dec 4, 2019
    If any of that is true I don't think Bohn would have come to USC.

2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 4, 2019
    My point exactly.

3. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2019
    My take......Bohn sees a team that played hard to the end. Gomer made fewer obvious dumb moves during the past month. The players publicly support him. No glaring disciplinary moves the past two years. USC has lots of big time wounds all over the place and does not need another publicity problem right now. Folt who knows nada about football likes Gomer's butt literally. Bohn was told to do as he pleases but keep the cost down to less than it would be for a complete buyout of the staff and a buy of a top notch new staff. The cost over runs on the tower, buyouts of Sark, Kiffin etc have soured the BOT on supporting big bucks for a hot rocket.
    So....he called a couple of potential coaches and they said.......screw you on that 6 million offer. Just the state taxes takes it to 5.2 million.
    Hence.....run down the buyout arranged for from the previous dunce and hope things hold together. Who knows he could bumble and stumble his way into the rose bowl. Losing to bama and ND does not affect that possibility. The rest of the pac 12 is a joke. If he fails......he was not my hire and everyone is more interested in who is hired. Bottom line I keep my job another year......which is what all multi million dollar per year bureaucrats are worried about. Now pass the wine and only the blue cheese please.

4. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Reasonable