Official Game Thread Fresno State?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Aug 30, 2019.

1. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    It isn't one freaking game. It's one freaking game, plus almost every game for the previous two seasons, as well. You're ignoring that fact. People wouldn't be saying anything, if the last two years hadn't looked like crap, too, and in very similar ways that we saw, tonight.

Helton was supposed to have made big changes during the off-season that should have given us a product that looked different. But it didn't. And that's what folks are griping about.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  2. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Ok my man, I see you’re trying to make a point. Let’s break it down.

CH did make changes . He brought an OC that quit on us after a few days.
    He also. Rough a guy who,is believed by man6 in the bizz to be a solid play caller with his system mind you.

He brought ina new SCC after it was believed we needed to be more bigger and stronger .
    What else do you want him to do.
    He can’t be responsible for his defense giving up huge yards.....
    After all....most in here were happy as a clam when guys like. Johnso, Stewart, etc, etc came here.

What more changes do you want from the guy ?
    You want him to catch the ball that receivers flat dropped today ?
    Do you want him to fumble a snap after deciding to put the game away on a fourth and one ?

Put things in perspective. Don’t let your hatred for CH confuse you.
    I’m not even a CH supporter, but I’m no5 going to blame him for making the changes many here wanted and then critique him when his players don’t execute .

I’m confident you can see all this........

3. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Damn phone types what it wants......too lazy to proof read.

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  4. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    The thing is, he IS responsible for what Clancy and the defense do. He's the head coach, and rather than clean house entirely, like Brian Kelly did at Notre Dame, a couple of years back, he made the decision to keep Clancy around, even though Clancy's considerable deficiencies have been glaring for years, now.

The spotty play and mistakes by players that you describe are his responsibility, too. That's one of the things he committed to fixing. It seems he's incapable of fixing it and incapable of instilling discipline, even in a scheme that's been massively simplified since last year. The man just doesn't seem able to coach precision and excellence. He doesn't know how.

What more do I want him to do? It'd be nice if he could pull his head out of his ass and finally realize, after ten years, what the entire fan base realized in year two of Lane Kiffin's coaching stint - that the way to fix softness and bad tackling is to tackle as much as possible in practice, and perhaps even follow Carroll's example of making practices tougher than games. It'd be nice, too, if there were consequences for consistently making mistakes, like losing a starting spot.

Helton is responsible for everything that happens on the team, particularly the tone and personality with which it executes. That means he's responsible for the performance of every one of his coaches, too. Frankly, Helton doesn't appear to have the ability to even recognize problems, much less have the knowledge to fix them.

OC2SC, KeenObserver and SCTradition1 like this.