Offensive Coordinator for USC or for the Rams

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by uscjrl98, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Right now, no one can compete with the Rams. Period. But don't underestimate the Chipster across town to at least get more fans excited about and interested in his team next season. That team just beat us and they showed improvements the 2nd half of the season. You may/may not disagree, but they are trending up. More reason for Lynn to get his next 3-5 hires right...something he isn't impressing anybody with thus far.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  2. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Why do the Rams need an OC???................Is their guy leaving
    I don't think the Rams need "new ideas"...That is what Kingsbury brings for BIG money.....!

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Dec 3, 2018
    From what I have read the Rams offer is for the rest of this season. So theoretically KK could sign with them and still be our OC next season. Of course SC probably will not be agreeable to that and not willing to wait until the end of NFL season to get their new OC.

4. Jcanderson69

Jcanderson69 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Outside of McVay who is the Rams player and true OC, Jed Fisch is a senior offensive assistant and then there are 2 Co-OC’s....KK wouldn’t be a playvaller or sole OC with the Rams, i don’t see McVay giving that up or LK having sole game planning responsibilities, so in essence it would be. Step back but a true learning experience. With SC he has full control of the offense, but not near the learning experience.

I find it hard to believe NFL teams are going to offer him a HC position.

SC did the right thing in trying to strike early and get a commitment before the NFL and College waters start boiling. I think some Colleges could look at him as their next HC. However, now that competition is starting to Heat up, SC would be served well starting to Vet a plan B, gives them some leverage also.

5. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Yeah. Nothing generates fan interest more than a 3-9 season. (Are you Bill Plaschke?)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2018
    According to the news, USC has requested Kingsbury to make a decision on Wed.
    It is reasonable for USC has to go to plan B and Kingsbury should know his options by then.
    Hope we get him for KK is one of the few coaches who can keep up with Chip Kelly and Leach.

Oregon Trojan likes this.
  7. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Dec 3, 2018

Doesn’t work that way. There’s recruiting season....which is ramped up RIGHT NOW.

No head coach wants to wait til Feb. for a coordinator....and no coordinator wants to skip a chance to have a hand in selecting his guys.

Waiting til Feb does no one any good.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  8. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I know that Kingsbury is in the driver’s seat , but giving him till Wednesday makes us look weak and like his doormat to walk on whenever he’d like to. We could potentially lose another OC candidate between now and Wed. if we’re not going after them 100%

uscjrl98 likes this.