O/NSO: The USC revolving football door edition (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 29, 2021.

2. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Greg,
    I did some research on Clay2 and it made me begin to wonder. If he was that great, why did he not follow Leach to Mississippi State, or why isn’t he on Kingsbury staff with the Arizona Cardinals? Texas State is not really killing it posting losing records the past several seasons. I guess that was probably the only option Harrell had, I just wonder how many years he was given in his contract. Well we also know that Harrell now will have no excuses when critics ask why is our offense play calling is so unbalanced as it was his hire.

CC leaving for ASU in my opinion is a big loss to our program. It seems the new requirement to be considered for a coaching vacancy is that you have to have some ties to Texas. We now have 10 coaches with ties to Texas and the head coach and his two assistants lead the way. My biggest fear is CC has pipelines to the local high schools. Was Coach TO really insecure to put CC on his staff? Quality Contol Analyst on Offense, Huh? You have ties to past players, can you give us their take on this?

Posters on the board were aghast about Larry Scott’s $5M dollar annual salary. Highway robbery they said for someone earning that much with little results. As you pointed out, Bohn these days are making the major moves and the assistants are being given their own leeway to make their own hires. So like Larry Scott what is Helton doing. He also makes $4.5M dollars annually. Not much different, big pay, little results.

Lastly speaking of throwing away money. Just 2 weeks ago Tennessee hired Kevin Steele as a replacement for Jeremy Pruitt. With the hiring of Josh Heupel, he is bringing in his own staff, which means Kevin Steele will not be retained, but he still will be paid his annual salary of $900k. Talk about throwing money away. Btw, Tee may also be let go. Peerless Price said he was heartbroken that he was not offered the coaching vacancy!

Keep the columns coming!
    Fight On!

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 29, 2021
    We will expect a more balanced O this Spring camp. Can’t believe SC was last in PAC in rushing. Graham has his man so better see some rushing yards.

4. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Points Member

Jan 29, 2021
    The team has improved vastly from the year before. Strong class coming in, the Imports from Texas played a part in this.
    Why should it matter where the coaches are coming from as long as they are producing positive/strong results??

Recruiting? Armond, Gavin,Donte, the new comer from Cal and others know the West like the back of their hands.
    The CHASSIS of a football team is the O-line and the D-line, and who mass produces these ample sized Human beings here on the mainland? The SOUTH!

Making it a blessing to have so many CONNECTIONS to that side of our world.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Interesting that the main guy that brought Korey to USC has no ties to Texas. That guy Donte Williams. The other guy doing a large part of Helton’s work bringing in the media team from LSU, getting Marshal Cherrington from Cal, and now trying to get Bryan Carrington from Texas also has no Texas ties. That guy is Mike Bohn. Never the mind, yes let’s be thankful, but when we don’t win the PAC 12 championship we should not be grumbling about these same Texas guys, Helton included!
    Fight On!

Troy70, gubo&palanka and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  6. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Jan 29, 2021
    This article feels like a basic recap of every poster on this board who complained over moves made, or not made, over the last 2 years. Ugh.

AMLTrojan likes this.