O/NSO: The great Kedon Slovis mystery edition

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 8, 2021.

2. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Very interesting indeed regarding Slovis. Just hope he is not considering the portal. Lots of moving parts right now with Harrell also interviewing, but essentially he has to be thinking long term if he can last another year playing under this Oline less AVT. I bet if he could enter the draft it would be a done deal. This is similar to Sam when he had to decide whether to stay or go, except Sam was eligible to go. Sam also took his lickings with his Oline! In either event, I hope Slovis is doing well!
    Fight On!

3. Trojan Man 30

Trojan Man 30 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Great write up as usual Greg! Is Harrell looking to leave and is he really qualified for these openings that he is interviewing for? It seems like his name is mentioned every time there is a head coaching position open. You have been spot on! We need to get back to Trojan's football!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  4. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    A 5 year record for slowly sinking a famous Trojan Football ship without fear of ramification. Drill holes in the running back university hull until water starts to flow in, bore holes in the practice as you play mantra to assure flooding of the ship, run aground repeatedly with the absence of anything resembling a strong offensive line, have abandon ship drills instead of strength and conditioning activities, have a robust S.O.S. message in place to save a horrible offensive coordinator and his terrible predictable play book...pass only! All of the above, along with a lackluster, no discipline, zero win motivation by a slug for a head coach and you to will see a massive exodus to the NFL and transfer portal by players tired o having to swim instead of playing their best football.

A defensive player or new receiver commit gets lauded to the hilt since the defensive side of the Trojan Football Ship does perform moderately enough to try and return the football to their offense so they can continue the torture of their quarterback. After all, the offensive play production would make one think that there are only half a dozen cookie cutter pass plays and maybe four up the gut go nowhere running plays in the entire play book.

The Trojan Football Ship will sink to the bottom of collegiate football as long as Admiral Folt, Commander Bohn and Captain Helton continue to retain command.

5. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    It sure seems like that.
    You could possibly make that work if you have a dominant OL that can push the defense around. But we have the opposite of that and the predictability of our plays makes a mediocre OL into a bad one.

6. Trojanfan1963

Trojanfan1963 Points Member

Jan 8, 2021
    OMG...more money...that would compound the problem...IMHO

OC2SC, gubo&palanka and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  7. CO4SC44

CO4SC44 Points Member

Jan 8, 2021
    If Bohn is in fact pulling the strings, I hope he's smarter than that!

Hockey10, OC2SC, J4SC75 and 3 others like this.
  8. FIGHTON!

FIGHTON! Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    The Obvious: Nobody knows better what it has been like to have a mediocre offensive line like Kedon Slovis.

I think JT knows what it was like.

Fight On!

9. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    SC QBs have been taking a beating since Cody.

10. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    If he does I hope they tell him to pound sand. It's amazing how badly he regressed in 202o. It appeared that his "five plays" do not include any running plays that work, or any provisions for attacking a zone defense. Opposing defensive coordinators don't need to learn much to face SC. He has an extraordinary passer to work with in Slovis. IMO he has not taken advantage of that opportunity.

11. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Points Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I too hope kedon is fine but the floaters, lack of zip(he never had the strongest of arm but grew worst last year), and probably worst sign for me? THE LOSS OF THE BEAUTIFUL ACCURACY OF THE PREVIOUS YEAR.

Dart and Moss just might see the field much sooner than later; assuming the running game improves both those kids could thrive early. Oh about a two back field? Dart will be that second back, there is much about special in that kid...

12. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 8, 2021
    I just don't understand why Harrell doesn't modify his scheme.

It was said that Chip Kelly at Oregon only ran a few plays but there were so many formations and so much re-snap movement that it sure didn't look that way.

Wouldn't Harrell at least want to try to disguise his 2 running plays and 3 pass plays?

I hate him for being so stubborn and I hate Helton for enabling it.

Hockey10, AMLTrojan, Troy70 and 5 others like this.
  13. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    There is only one Air Raid that works and that is the one at Oklahoma. If you watched their bowl game, Riley had double digit plays both passing and running. They will be a CFP team next year hands down. If we persist with this watered down version, someone should spend time seeing how Oklahoma does it right rather than how Harrell does it wrong.

14. Trojan Man 30

Trojan Man 30 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    This is a great post! By the time the defense figures it out they are on their heels. It also makes it harder to disguise the defense or they will be caught out of position! It would also be a lot more entertaining and that can't hurt at this stage of the game. As it stands now our offensive design just looks plain lazy.

15. Rodgarnay51

Jan 8, 2021
    You must not remember the 2nd half of the last UCLA game.

16. Rodgarnay51

Jan 8, 2021
    Lazy is the same adjective I would use.

gubo&palanka and Trojan Man 30 like this.
  17. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 8, 2021
    They don't call them CHOKLAHOMA for a reason. This team looks great at times then Bamm!! Lose to Kansas State 2 years in a row. They go rogue at lease once a year and lose a game they shouldn't.

You can forget about Oklahoma beating an Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State. They still haven't cracked that nut. Bob Stoops in the only one resently who went the distance (2000).

Bob Stoops (2000)
    Barry Switzer (1974)
    Bud Wilkinson (1956, 1949)
    Bennie Owen (1915)
    Are the only Sooners coaches who have had undefeated seasons. Riley averages 2 loses a season but his loses were daggers!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021