O/NSO: Football season ticket renewal edition

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 6, 2020
    When I signed up for Coli redo fee I was told could keep old seats, haha.Guess my rep lied to me. I paid in full Coli redo fee & ended moved 25 yds to the 5 yd line. My family gave me heck all last season. Still rooting for team & hope they can win despite Clay. When I told my son about being told to get off campus while watching summer workout with GarryP he said why are you donating $$$ . I finally agreed with him. Fight On

Merlin4SC and dbw021 like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 6, 2020
    As you know, that's exactly what happened to me only I had bumped up my donations to include becoming a Galen Founder and went from C&G to Committee....moved my seats further toward the endzone. And that was after Ron promised that wouldn't happen.

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 6, 2020
    Recall you telling me how you increase booster dues & got moved at Coli . One old alum sat on 40 now his C&G gets him on goal line. SC knows how to screw long time alums.

4. einibobo

einibobo Junior Member

Mar 6, 2020
    A because I am hoping helton is fired after this season, win or lose. When this happens I keep my great seats and we finally have a winning coach with a winning team.

5. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Wow! I didn't know they were screwing with season ticket holders that badly. What a shame. You treat people badly and eventually you will get what you deserve.....half full Coliseum with a bunch of pissed off fans.

Merlin4SC likes this.
  6. Ambrosia Harwood

Ambrosia Harwood Points Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Resigned from the Trojan Athletic Fund and did not renew our tickets. After over 30 years and being relocated so we lost sitting with people that were like our family I just can't support a Clay Helton team. Tired of going to games at 6 & 7 at night. I wish the team well and when Helton goes I will rejoin. For me I felt I wanted to put my money where my mouth was (or withholding my money).

Merlin4SC likes this.
  7. oajr01

oajr01 Junior Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Renewed. Love our new seats (next to tower, in the shade, complete view). Like the direction the coaching staff is headed minus Clay. Hoping that the recruiting year isn't as bad as thought to be, and hoping that we get back on track the following season. I really didn't want to lose our seats, so in it for another year.

Fight on!

8. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Mar 7, 2020
    (B) I decided not to renew my season tickets and here’s why.

Afraid that if there’s an increase in season ticket holders USC would give Helton another contract extension

Merlin4SC likes this.
  9. FIGHTON!

FIGHTON! Junior Member

Mar 8, 2020
    Option A.

Best time of year with friends. Won't miss, win or lose.
    My school!
    Always Fight on!
    Beat the Tide! Fight on!✌

10. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Mar 8, 2020
    The real problem is that even as many re-think not renewing or attending games enough aren't won't be attending games in the new 70,000 seat Coliseum may be even more obvious watching on TV and certainly will be more obvious to the University's financial staff.

11. Georgetirebiter IV

Georgetirebiter IV Points Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Same

12. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Mar 9, 2020
    That wasn't my experience. I've stayed at C & G Premier for a few years. My seats actually improved a bit, although I used to have 8 and now they only sell me 4.

13. School of Rock

School of Rock Junior Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Option A. 20th year. I don't know why, must be out of habit. Still enjoy taking my daughters to the games. It's not like I can improve my seat location by being one of the few that renews. This is the first year that my group talked about NOT renewing and just buying tickets to select games on Stubhub.

14. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Mar 9, 2020
    That's exactly right Denali.

I was choice D: having gone to away games and used the secondary market, but now I am B: since the shit show got worse and they TAF people treated us like we were stupid morons. In fact, they made it real hard to ever think about coming back since we lived through both Paul Hackett and Pete Carroll times. Basically, if I'm to return to TAF and season tickets, it's Urban Meyer or someone commensurate with his skill set or forgeddaboudit.

In order to keep my seats they wanted me to double the number. But they didn't take me seriously when I said if Hellton were retained I would quit altogether. And that wasn't this year but the previous year. I can only imagine what they'd demand this time around. They simply don't deserve it, especially after the way Ron Orr lied to us about a coaching change to keep us.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  15. TrojanOne

TrojanOne Member

Mar 9, 2020
    If you’re who I think you are ... I was there to witness that shameful act from the security guards. I recall your wife and child patiently sitting under the tent while you tried to Deescalate and resolve the matter. I had a nice conversation with you and your wife. It was a terrible ordeal to go thru and such a “turn-off” for a fellow alum. Unfortunately, my brother and I will not be renewing our 4 season seats after 13 years. I cannot tolerate The product on the field compounded by the Mistreatment of the Trojan Family. Fight On!