Not spending my money on an inferior product

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by trojanworld, Dec 4, 2019.

1. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Real Trojans use their economic power and intellectual abilities to institute change, or abide by their principles. Nobody is calling you an asshole for supporting Clay, just misaligned with reality.

Ultimale, PickSicx and trojanworld like this.
  2. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Do yourself a favor and take a break from your keyboard...

3. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    I was trying to find a nice way to respond to him. But his idea of real Trojan vs Fan is faulty.

Dude, he needs get out of here with that bullshit. There are alumni with PhD's, MD's, and everything else that have never even cared to attend a USC football game.

Fans of USC sports are fans because for various reasons. If those reasons are no longer being met then you are not a bad person to choose to not be a fan anymore.

trojanworld likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    100. That is a fact.

Ultimale likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Great. My pop was a dual-degree, dual-sport athlete at USC, and a 30-year+ professor. He was a member/investor of the "Life" program USC offered to former athletes....the one that Mike Garrett pulled the plug on. My dad started to look at USC a little differently after that. He still bought tickets, went to games (attended ALL kinds of sports teams), traveled to watch...but at some point, yes, he began to withdraw financial support because he knew it would not only send a message, but if reflected his personal opinion on how the athletic department was being run.

Athletes at USC are at the behest of donors in a certain way. Plenty of things athletes "get" are due to financial donations. Perhaps it's not a great look to come on here and blast people, like me, who have previously donated a lot of coin to support your endeavors.

Ultimale likes this.