Noah Jefferson back this week?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TrojanManDan132, Nov 7, 2016.

2. GarryP

GarryP Publisher

Staff Member
    Nov 7, 2016
    Nothing from Helton since last update last Tuesday:

[FONT=&quot]– Having missed most of the season so far to focus on academics and personal issues, defensive tackle Noah Jefferson appears to be on track to potentially return to the practice field with the team next week.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“He’s did strength and conditioning with us last week,” Helton said. “He’ll continue to do it this week. He’s catching up in school. We’ll see where he is at the end of the week, and hopefully get him back. He and I talked Monday and said if we make it through this week and everything is good, we’ll try to get him back out here and get him in some individual drills, so I’m hoping for that next week.”[/FONT]

3. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Nov 7, 2016
    It's been a tough 2016 for Noah. He missed most of year with the back injury, and has only played about a half of the first game of the season. I don't know what he can bring to the team at this point. His season has RS written all over it to me.

4. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I really respect how Helton is handling this (at least from the outside looking in). Seems like a very proactive approach regarding the academic matter. Seems that guys usually get put on suspension after failing class(s); in this case it appears that Helton is making sure that doesn't happen by pulling him out now to fix the matter (I could be reading too much into this, but that is my hypothesis).

5. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Being ready for this week would be a stretch...having been out for so long. Unless the guy has been keeping in shape for the last month and change...wouldn't expect to get much more than a handful of reps from him.

I'll take it though...as long as he looks capable.