NFL Draft

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TaeRiddle, Feb 14, 2017.

1. NFL Draft
    TaeRiddle

TaeRiddle Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Did our guys who chose to leave early all sign with Agents? Has the deadline passed for them to rescind? Always thought that they should have until after the Combine to make their decision.. I know they're gone so this isn't that type of post but just looking right now they have Juju as the #7 WR, a mighty fall from being #1 or #2 going into this season. They also have Adoree as being #8 CB and Mama as #8 OG.. Not exactly guarantees, for many people believe the top 10 CB should be gone by 4th Rd quite a few are sure to drop or jump depending on Combine. Many have said they think Adoree will leap frog a few just simply on his ability to be a Special Teams guy from Day 1 so a lot believe 2nd or 3rd but heard for Juju & Mama that many believe 4th Rd might be high but more like 5th Rd unless someone falls in love with either of them.. A lot of folks think Juju possibly should of returned and with Darnold and offense at helm could of gained his #1 WR ranking back with a good year.. Mama another year with some dominance as well. Many think Adoree is what he will be, a 2nd RD pick with possibility of being All Pro DB but definitely an All Pro Special Teamer to go along with maybe some Offense..

2. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    It's too late for them to rescind. While all you mentioned are in danger of being drafted lower than they maybe hoped, they will all be drafted.

3. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Trust me, Juju will be picked before the 4th round. Mama, I have no idea.

4. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    I believe JuJu will improve his stock before draft day. He should be 100% healthy and able to show his abilities better than he was the past two seasons being banged up so often.

5. aTrojan2

aTrojan2 Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    I don't know how many times I mention that the draft is a crapshoot. Obviously no one can know all the trades that will happen prior to draft day, and the changing needs of carious teams and their draft order. Also who knows for sure what will really happen at the combine. There are other things, but when you stay at SC you are sure that you will go forward and earn a degree and your place on the squad is much more of a certainty than the draft and your family can buy insurance if you are afraid of injury and need that safety net. I had such a talk with Lendale once, and we all know how that turned out. I think many players disregard the advice and counsel of their coach thinking they will go higher in the draft than reality turns out. But get stuck with the wrong team / system just because of draft position / trades seems like Russian roulette. OK, pick this apart now and tell me how full of it I am,.... but then look at history.

Of course, I wish the best for Juju and Adoree, but fear the worst this year. Hope I'm wrong for their sake, but had they stayed, there's be no such worries, and most likely a much higher signing bonus after next year. It's always a downer to have people leave early unless you know they're going I the first.

6. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    I doubt that either goes in the 1st round

7. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Adoree - 2nd
    Juju - 3rd
    Damien - 5th

8. MaxieMan98

MaxieMan98 Junior Member

Feb 14, 2017
    A lot of NFL scouts have Adoree in the first round or early second based on his athleticism. Deep year for corners, apparently 6-7 could go in the first round

9. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Feb 15, 2017
    1st round 7th round, it really doesn't matter, ask Tom Brady