NFL Draft and Transfers

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TrojanCampaign, Dec 5, 2019.

1. NFL Draft and Transfers
    TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Well, the offseason will be rather interesting with announcement of Helton coming in along with what could be one of the worst recruiting classes in 20 years.

Transfer portal

As we all know Sears is on his way out. And if I was a betting man, I wold wage my money that JT Daniels is going to transfer.

NFL Draft

1. Pittman - He bout to get paid son!
    2. Vaughns - I say the same thing. Two 800+ yard seasons at a major program is enough to be a lot round draft pick. This team will be lucky to even win 7 games next year so he would be a fool to pass up millions of dollars.
    3. Houston - I don't know the story of him and the weight room. But he moves well and an NFL S&C program will do him a lot of good.
    4. Austin Jackson - Late round pick but there is no benefit in him staying.
    5. Rector - I think he will be a late round value pick that can probably start one day.
    6. Falo - I think he will declare and get picked up as a free agent. Dude is 6-6 230 and got 4 catches all season in this offense.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019

2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Campaign, you mean Slovis will transfer.

TrojanCampaign likes this.
  3. SC Forever

SC Forever Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Michael Pittman is a senior. No other choice. Probably first day pick (1-2 round)

4. TrojanCampaign

Dec 5, 2019
    You know that would not shock me but JT has the perfect storm.

If I were JT Daniels I would transfer somewhere like Louisville and then redshirt. It's an ACC team , they usually have a easy schedule, and their current QB is a true sophomore that is horrible. JT would win the QB competition without even trying and instantly be one of the best quarterbacks in the ACC.

And if he wanted to go somewhere like Ohio State, LSU, or Tennessee he also has a medical redshirt available in addition to being close to graduating.

JT Daniels easily can get 3 years to play somewhere else if he wants to.

gubo&palanka and AnArchitect like this.
  5. USCAlumFightOn

USCAlumFightOn Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Austin Jackson is a high pick on every mock draft board. The latest is second round but he's in the first round on many mock draft boards.

Rodgarnay51 and gubo&palanka like this.
  6. Wolfpack4SC

Wolfpack4SC Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    It would be a big mistake for Vaughns to declare. He will be lucky to land on a practice squad with what he has on tape especially since receivers are a dime a dozen right now. He would benefit from following Pitman’s example.

Falo would also benefit from another year especially if USC moves on from Harrell. 230 is not that big for a NFL TE and he was inconsistent in his limited chances catching the ball. I think he’d be lucky to get any shot in the NFL at this point.

I could see Austin taking a shot more for financial and medical issues. I think he also has enough to offer the NFL. That’s not to say he wouldn’t benefit from another year, but I think he would likely jump on the opportunity.

Basically this team has a lot of talent returning next year. They will be dangerous even with Helton. I could also see USC taking advantage of the transfer portal again to shore up the holes.

7. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    The Alabama loss will be all the ammunition needed to bench Slovis and put in JT.

8. TrojanCampaign

Dec 5, 2019
    Not going to debate you.

He certainly has all the tools but most I have seen are 2-3.

9. Trojans2015

Trojans2015 Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Isn't Fink likely to transfer? He'll be a redshirt senior next year, presumably he'll have graduated, why wouldn't he move on and do a grad transfer to somewhere he could start?

I'm not sure if JT transfers. He might wait it out a year and transfer after next season assuming Slovis keeps the job. He might have graduated by then and be eligible for a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility remaining. He already redshirted this year so he wouldn't be able to do that again if he had to sit out a transfer year, and IIRC medical redshirt is only a possibility if you miss a season due to injury in addition to your normal redshirt year.

10. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Alijah Vera-Tucker is the one we need to be concerned about.

Austin Jackson is probably gone. Keeping AVT would really help next year.

11. TrojanCampaign

Dec 5, 2019
    I don't agree with that on TV.

He already has 850 yards on this season and has a chance to break 900 in the bowl game. Especially if Pittman decides to sit out. Even if he came back next year what more can he do? Getting an extra 100-200 yards is not really going to make a huge impact. He wont get taller, faster, or much stronger.

I agree with you on Falo. He looked good last year and subpar this year but it was not all his fault. The air raid offense is not built to get TE's numbers. Even if Harrell leaves we probably will just get another air raid coach.

And I wish I shared you enthusiasm but I don't. I don't see next years team being any better than this years team.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  12. TrojanCampaign

Dec 5, 2019
    That's the thing though. Slovis will get a medical redshirt and he likely will graduate his junior year. If he transfers he gets to spend a year healing, in the weight room, learning the offense, and finishing his degree. Then in 2021 he gets to start with multiple years of eligibility.

Fink could but he better go call Kurt Warner and get that Slovis coaching.

13. Trojans2015

Trojans2015 Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    I assume you mean Daniels, not Slovis? Daniels isn't going to get a medical redshirt year. He got a redshirt year for the past season because he played in only 1 game. If he can grad transfer after next year he'd have 2 years to start beginning in 2021 regardless. The only advantage would be having a year to learn the system of his new school before playing.

14. Wolfpack4SC

Wolfpack4SC Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    It’s not enthusiasm but rather finding the positive going forward. I grew up around Chicago Bears fans and Cubs fans, so I’ve lived with fans who stay put in even worse conditions.

15. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Per TOS, Daniels’ father already has said that JT has no intention of transferring and is looking forward to the competition. His father acknowledged that Slovis had a very good year.

bell and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  16. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Why wouldn't he get stronger if he decides to hit the weights? No way should he go out.

17. USCHusbandUCLAWife

USCHusbandUCLAWife Junior Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Remember, it's not where players will go in the draft that matters; it's where agents have convinced them they will go.

18. Coeur

Coeur Points Member

Dec 5, 2019
    The two biggest recruiting jobs are 78 and 51