Newsom said forget normal till vaccine

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Aug 4, 2020.

1. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Truly.

I called it as soon as it happened. When the rioting, looting and protesting began, I told my friend that despite the lack of masks we were seeing in a lot of these crowds, and all the sputum spray going on in those mobs, there is no way that any connection will be made to this and the spike that will certainly occur afterwards.

And the spike did hit, big time. And the media said....no connection. Unbelievable, yet so predictable.

I can't figure out if these libs are being purposely dishonest, or if they're just dumb. How do they spout such drivel with a straight face.

I must say, that is one smart and socially conscious (!!) virus. Hovers over all of our heads, ready to pounce, killing thousands of people. Attacks DT gatherings and Memorial Day revelers. But as soon as George Floyd dies, it takes a vacation. It backs off. Absolutely refuses to infect all those self-righteous, mask-less looters, rioters, and protestors. So progressive that virus is!

Are these libs really that gullible? Or, again, are they something more calculated in their narrative?

They honestly think any liberal media source will tie this spike to the riots, looters and protestors? That would be absolutely.....racist! And that would go against their very narrative.

2. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Aug 5, 2020
    This coming from the stupidest croc in the whole river....

3. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Lets bet on it. $250 ok? Lets figure out a fair wager.

4. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    We've got to get him out before there's nothing left.

gubo&palanka and SC ForLife like this.
  5. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    The only verbiage I hate more than "the science" (i.e., my political opinion with a more acceptable name) is "we're all in this together."

A distant 3rd is "Dr. Fauci, world renowned ______ ...."

gubo&palanka and jjg4sc like this.
  6. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Well, there's the million $ question, who do you trust? Not the lamestream media, not the so-called scientists, the CDC has been politicized, doctors are ridiculed for their concern...who do you trust?

FightOnTrojans! likes this.
  7. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Newsom wants to be President

gubo&palanka likes this.
  8. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Can't wait!

But isn't Villaraigosa supposed to get his turn first?

gubo&palanka likes this.
  9. jjg4sc

jjg4sc Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    What if we don’t find one? Hypothetically. How long do we wait? Therapies are getting better and better. At some point we may have to say a certain level of virus is something we can live with and get back to a better normal than this BS.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  10. silversprint

silversprint Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Once flu season hits. Its game over. Anybody with cough or sniffle will line up for a potential positive Covid test. Until they get a negative test they will be a potential positive.

This isn't going away until a vaccine. Even people not at high risk are still not going back to their lives because they may have a potential high risk person they interact with daily.

Then there are the super stupid high risk individuals that think this is still joke. Herman Cain was a good example. In his 70s he showed up to the maskless campaign party and ended up dead.

If you are high risk (fat, high blood pressure, over 60, diabetes) take precautions and wait it out for a vaccine in a couple of months. Healthcare workers and high risk people may get a vaccine by November or December.

11. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    You sound very articulate and logical, and I admit, I cannot argue w/ much of your post. I agree congregating in large crowds shouting is a bad idea, and one I would not partake in w/ out a mask and trying my best to distance. I agree the virus has no loyalties and will behave as it's biologically designed to infect. Over these last months, there's been a scramble to understand how it behaves and how it's most infectious, what events result in the most outbreaks, trying to trace the patterns. I admit, there's still a thrash to find consensus between the medical/scientific/political authorities on what's the worst, what's just a bad idea and what turned out to be relatively low-risk. Unfortunately, you only really get a clear picture in hindsight, and even that narrative can be hijacked by various agendas.

Having said all that, it would be hypocritical not to say protests w/out wearing masks are a bad idea, they are (even w/ a mask it's a higher risk than not). It would be hypocritical to say even 1 extra case stemming from a protest is more than we should have if people behaved responsibly.

We learned quite a bit later that outdoor activities resulted in exponentially less outbreaks than indoor. That sputum you talk about is less effective outdoors, I think there's consensus on that. Forbes is not a left wing media outlet, and that was one of the links I provided. Unfortunately, your side won't believe anything that's not Daily Caller/Amer. Spectator/Epoch Times etc. So there we are...who do you trust?

Having said all that, would you concede Trump indoor rallies are a bad idea? Would you concede having chanters at an indoor rally is an incredibly stupid idea?

You stated some fantastic logic in your rant, does that logic apply evenly across the political spectrum, or only to "Owning the Libs"?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  12. silversprint

silversprint Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    Just say it like it is. ANY mass gathering right now is risky, specially indoors. Protests, sports, church, big house parties, campaign rallies, all of it. The virus doesn't care if you are wearing blue or red.

13. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    What a pansy! Cmon, pony up.