Newest Trojan HJ Randall Cunningham II

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by aramis 27, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Newest Trojan HJ Randall Cunningham II
    aramis 27

aramis 27 Junior Member

Jan 4, 2014
    The grandson of Sam Cunningham and son of Randall Cunningham has given a verbal to USC's Track and Field program. Oh by the way he also would like to walk on to the football team.

He has a PR of '7 '3 1/4 in the high jump which is exceptional for a high schooler.

At first glance one might wonder why another high jumper when we have 3 already on the team. Two of them, Fajoyomi and Dew are seniors this season. Cunningham won't arrive until the 2015 track season. So he and Errin Baynes will be the only high jumpers in 2015.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 4, 2014
    He's actually Sam's nephew, not grandson.

3. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I wonder if FB will reciprocate when it comes to walk-ons. I was wondering earlier about the number of HJers, but with two being seniors I see you point. Plus, didn't Baynes redshirt ladt year?

4. aramis 27

aramis 27 Junior Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I suppose Sark will say what all other new coaches say 'that they're all in favor of letting football players compete in track'. Some how it never quite works out that way. If they get them at all it is usually for 1 or 2 meets.

The major problem is football has it's Spring drills during this early track period. With the dual meet usually in early May the football guys can't get in tip top track shape by that date.

The only way around it is to not participate in the Spring drills. Fat chance of that happening.

5. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

Jan 12, 2014
    It would be great to have Adoree Jackson as the prime long jumper on next year's team to compliment Cunningham in the high jump! We'll ss

6. aramis 27

aramis 27 Junior Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Keeping fingers crossed but not real hopeful of a signed L.O.I. from Adoree.