Discussion in 'USC Baseball' started by Guest, Oct 19, 2013.

1. New topic

Guest Guest

Oct 19, 2013
    I was thinking about the old days and Randy Johnson Rod Dedeaux
    Ticks me off that UCLA and Oregon State and Arizona have overtaken us

2. SCTrojan

SCTrojan Junior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    More than that...we keep finishing in the cellar of our own conference. Makes no sense. How can we not finish in the top 5 and make the regionals on a consistent basis? These damn state schools in our conference make it easier with lower tuition.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 29, 2013
    We missed the Fullerton State wave. We could have hired Auggie Garrido back in the 90s but let him get away to Texas. Then we could have hired Augie's assistant coach George Horton who was just as good as Augie but let him get away to Oregon and we know what he did there. Then another Fullerton assitant, Dave Sarrano took UC Irvine to the college world series but we didn't hire him either. All three great baseball coaches and we didn't hire any one of them when we could have. All three could have had their pick of Southern California talent.... Garrett was a terrible AD!

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Somehow "old days" and Randy Johnson don't seem to be equivalent to me. However, I concur with your frustration over the current and long standing demise of our once grand baseball team. We did indeed, let several potentially great coaches, go elsewhere. And in the interim, LSU introduced gorilla ball which I detest and the college game hasn't quite been the same since.