New Kalifornia law... gas powered vehicles

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by August West, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Buck Dancer

Buck Dancer Points Member

Sep 23, 2020
    All answered in the video and driven to conclusion via amazing engineering and SCIENCE LMAO head for the hills! (minus the energy generation {not included in these videos) which is solved and knowledge available via a quick quick quick google search, your alternative facts don't hold water). Mind numbing how painful it must be to purposely go through life willfully ignorant.

You write battery monopoly LMAO Tesla has open patents and encourages other manufacturers to join them, as well as continues to work with their suppliers.. My god you guys simply talk out of your ass for days.

I need to stop using LMAO and start using SMHASWI (shaking my head at sheer willful ignorance)

2. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020

You must be really stupid. Check that, you are really stupid.

There have been numerous threads on this very subject. California doesn’t have the electrical infrastructure to support everyone plugging in cars.

You must have been sleeping under your bridge just a few weeks ago when they had rolling blackouts.

People like you need to have a reality check.

3. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    How long do the batteries last? What happens to them when they’re spent? What about the raw materials? Where do those materials come from?

4. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 23, 2020
    I laughed.

gubo&palanka and TheRealAirbns like this.
  5. August West

Sep 23, 2020
    And where do we recycle them?

gubo&palanka likes this.
  6. August West

Sep 23, 2020
    DOH!
    Pesky facts.

these tin foil electrofags are bonkers

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. Buck Dancer

Sep 23, 2020
    I cannot stress enough how fucking stupid you dumbasses are. Fucking absolute morons. I am sure the complete breakdown in the enclosed videos which answers ALL of your objections and then some are so far above your pay grade your pea sized brains are not possible of understanding the topic at hand. You cannot handle the fact Elon Musk has a plan to remove fossil fuels from the economic equation as sustainables are on a rapid path to replace them..Not by law... by performance, value, and sustainability far exceeding ICE capabilities.

Idiots, every one of you are either morons or a Russian troll whose entire government is dependent on pushing fossil fuels. Sorry DJ!

You know I do need to slightly apologize as I forget u guys politizied this so you ignore the facts, science, and figures which were fully transparent during the presentation. Reality dictates you will be looking at 1000 mile range 0-69 of 2 sec or less under 9 sec quarter miles, million miles batteries, quick charges, 200 mph cars,etc by 2035 with affordable priced models with slightly lower specs. The model S plaid already delivered a min 30 second laguna seca lap time with a 520 mile range. Nobody will buy an ICE vehicle by 2035 regardless of the law or endless whining.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  8. August West

Sep 23, 2020
    LMAO!!!!!

You mad, bruh?

gubo&palanka and SCBIGTIME like this.
  9. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020

You calling someone a “bot” just because you know you’re not only wrong but economically stupid.

It’s funny how you hide behind yet another identity, fucking clown.

gubo&palanka and TheRealAirbns like this.
  10. August West

Sep 23, 2020
    Yea, but Elon Musk has a plan!

gubo&palanka likes this.
  11. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    Producing hydrogen from hydrolysis is grossly inefficient and very costly. There is no getting around it, which is why all current hydrogen is produced from gasoline or natural gas.

gubo&palanka and SCBIGTIME like this.
  12. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    No, you just drinking from Elon’s little fire hose.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  13. Buck Dancer

Sep 23, 2020
    What are you seventh grade? Yeah the guy who is single handily surpassing NASA and reinventing transportation on earth has a plan.

You have jack shit and your a fucktard to boot. You should be proud.

You are pathetic.

14. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020

Says the guy hiding behind his 3rd identity.

15. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    Musk is a genius. I will give him that. One of the problems have observed is that the electric car recharging outlets do not all work with each other. Another problem as we get more electric vehicles we are going to have a hard time keeping up with all of the vehicles vying for charging stations. Also, there is a problem charging times. Even the fastest charging stations take 20 minutes. I am trying to figure where they are going to generate all of the electricity to charge the batteries. The environmental footprint on the batteries is big. I think they need to figure some way of recycling. Presently, I don't know if they have figured a way to re-cycle Li-ion car batteries. If they do not we are going to have landfills with lots of them. I am not against electric cars. I own an Audi E-tron. I just do not know how we are going to manage with everything electric.

gubo&palanka and Troianus Acies like this.
  16. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    Newsom's fiat violates the U.S. Constitution's Interstate Commerce clause. Newsom's order will not survive federal court challenge.

Newsom's order also circumvents the legislature. There is a separation of powers issue.

And even if judges throughout the state and federal courts choke on interpreting the Constitution properly, an initiative will end up on the ballot and citizens will vote to keep their gas powered cars. "Poor people hit hardest . . . " The ads will almost write themselves. The petroleum industry will bankroll the campaign and win.

And finally, monitor the number of signatures to recall Newsom. If there is a recall election next year, Newsom may get tossed out. A lot of people are angry about the shutdown. He'll be blamed.

17. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 23, 2020
    A plan, maybe, but not single-handedly. When it comes to Tesla, there's Lucid and about a dozen other similar competitors. When it comes to SpaceX, there are the dozen or so space launch companies out there competing with it, including Boeing, Blue Origin. Virgin Galactic, Bigelow Aerospace, ULA, Spaceflight Industries, Rocket Lab, Masten Space Systems, Space Adventures, and SES

So, no, "the guy" is not really single-handedly doing anything.

You're lauding the government stepping in in a massive way to do what? Work their usual magic of stifling private enterprise and forward progress?

What's even better about this? ( /s ) Something that's already happened, and it went something like this:

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: "Here's my Green New Deal."

The country: (laughs)

Democrats: "No wait, she was only joking, here's 'our' Green New Deal."

The country: (more laughter)

Gavin Newscum: "No wait! Alexandria had something, there. Get rid of cars by 2035, regardless of the technology, the cost, the potential economic impact, or the implications with respect to freedom? That sounds just perfect for my California, where I'm already ruling by decree!"

Most of California: "Oh shit...."
    The other Californians, from their new homes: "We're so thankful we moved out of that autocratic Marxist crapfest."

By the way, didn't you say you were leaving until the election was over?

18. August West

Sep 24, 2020
    LMFAO

gubo&palanka likes this.
  19. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 24, 2020
    It's not. Obviously, you either didn't watch the video, or you don't understand this subject particularly well.

Nor is it the subject of the thread, either, by the way.

gubo&palanka likes this.