Negativity Not A Path To Success

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by conquest4ever81, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Negativity Not A Path To Success
    conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Kobe was a not only a hard worker but was driven by positive thinking. Certainly he would not be pleased with all the negativity directed at Coach Clay Helton by many on this board. Detractors scoff at the positive thinkers as "sunshine pumpers". It was not simply talent but the right attitude that lifted Kobe in his success. Perhaps keeping this in mind will give the Helton haters pause.

2. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    What a weird comment, and bad timing to-boot. Seriously bro, learn when to keep quiet. Some rounds should have remained in the chamber...

3. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Hard to be positive when our recruiting class was last in the conference and this coach has been on a downward trajectory for 2 consecutive years.

BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT

4. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Kobe would’ve been the FIRST person calling for the firing of his coach after seasons equivalent to 5-7 and 8-5....accepting poor results was not in his genes.

OP fail. Again.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  5. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    That was my thought. If he insists we discuss this now...didn't Kobe demand either an upgrade to the Lakers or a trade, i.e. "transfer portal?" I don't remember him tolerating mediocrity very easily. Heck--he even demanded more from Shaq. Perhaps the OP watched a different Kobe than the rest of us. I remember Kobe not hesitating to call out weak teammates. One fun example: when he was criticized for being a ball hog, he asked: I'm supposed to pass to Smush Parker?

6. PickSicx

PickSicx Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Is there any way to get this idiot banned and his IP address locked-out forever? Not only is this post in HORRIBLE poor taste, it's a flat-out attempt to bait the board into giving him more attention. It has nothing to do with football and everything to do with his neurotic need for attention.

Please Eric, ban his ass.

7. TMBDave

TMBDave Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    +1

8. TrojanFootsteps

TrojanFootsteps Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    While not said in the best way i get the point you're trying to make OP. I would add that its not really about positivity as much as its about the work you put in. If you want to win its about the work being the reward.

9. Lucky

Lucky Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    This thread is in poor taste but to be clear Kobe Bryant wasn't about positive thinking he was about a driving passion to be the best, a willingness to out work everybody and to demand nothing less from teammates and coaches. That does not seem to personify coach Helton though it does seem to personify coach Carroll and coach Saban and the other great ones. Nothing wrong with being pretty good or even average but don't confuse it with excellence

Peete2Affholter likes this.
  10. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Kobe was all about personal responsibility. Putting in the extra effort to make yourself be great.

Kobe was not a Helton.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  11. djgcue

djgcue Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    OP, you have absolutely NO CLASS!

Added to ignore list

Peete2Affholter likes this.
  12. ChicoLoco55

ChicoLoco55 Member

Jan 29, 2020
    what and idiot post!

13. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Kobe wasn't just about "positive thinking," he was about an absolutely maniacal work ethic, an absolute refusal to be outworked by anyone, and he had very little tolerance for those who didn't share his attitude. While he undoubtedly had a "positive attitude," it was founded in the belief, no the KNOWLEDGE that he had outworked, out-prepared, out-repetitioned, out-studied and out-practiced any of his competition. The results were - well, we all know what they are.

Helton, OTOH, is the very epitome of unfounded "positive attitude," the parent who looks at their child's C-minus grade and just goes, "Oh, that's okay, son, keep your chin up! You'll score that A, someday!" He repeatedly tolerates poor play, lazy work ethic, undisciplined play, and just mediocrity in general. I'm convinced he also has no clue how to go about correcting such deficiencies. Again, he's the parent that doesn't understand why his chd is getting C-minuses, but continues to allow him to play video games and go skateboarding instead of studying at the library.

Long story short, GTFO of here with your BS.

ConquerorSC and qqqqqqqman like this.
  14. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Thank you for acknowledging Kobe had a positive attitude and verifying my point.