need some info on this guy.....Palaie...

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by beeto, Feb 3, 2017.

1. need some info on this guy.....Palaie...
    beeto

beeto Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Just a few day removed from a great NSD, but need some info on this player if anyone has it I'd appreciate the 411.
    This guy has speed to burn at the LB position. being that's a huge need for us....

?Where do we stand with him.......Palaie Gaoteote. Only thing I picked up was Urban is all over him, but that's it.

Fight On !
    ?

2. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    He's got an offer from USC
    Bishop Gorman kid

6'2" 220 lbs.

The staff is on him for next year.

3. TrojanMike

TrojanMike Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I hope Bubba is all over him. I'm feeling very good about our ability to recruit the Poly kids these days, so I'm optimistic.

4. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    He could be the best player in the whole class. The guy is an absolute STUD. It'll be a battle for him, but we have a Poly pipeline that no other school has right now.

I think he is a tOSU lean, but USC is very, very much in it for him.

5. USCFan1991

USCFan1991 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    He is an incredible linebacker. If Cam Smith leaves early, he could come in and start at middle linebacker. Ohio State and USC are battling for him, very high priority player. Notre Dame writer Tom Loy thinks he is leaning towards USC. Notre Dame coaches are telling him he is the next Manti Te'o

6. Ganghis

Ganghis Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Hello everyone. I am a first time poster but a long time reader. USC class of '96 here. A friend who I grew up with is very close to several Polynesian and Hawaiian former college and NFL players. He happens to be good friends with the Gaoteote family. He tells me that Palaie is very well raised, polite, and an overall great young man. They told my friend very early that Bubba would definitely be a Trojan and the interest in other schools was just a smoke screen. He tells me that Palaie grew up watching and loving the Trojans partly because of our tradition with Polynesian and Samoan players. According to him, USC is in a very good place. It isn't guaranteed but there is a very good chance he will come and join the Trojan family. Fight on to the Trojan family and thank you all for the great information and contributions. Thank you Garry P, Greg Katz, Johnny Curren, Helix Trojan and all of the other regulars here. I appreciate all of you. Fight on!!!

7. DublinTrojan

DublinTrojan Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    IMO, this is the "must get" LB for next year. As I previously stated, there's NO reason why top Poly players should be considering any school ahead of USC, especially a despressing state like Ohio. We need to lock down all of the Poly studs, and become the Poly-U of college football. Our history has set us up for this luxury.

8. big daddy

big daddy Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    With the current LB commits of Scott and Calvert that would make next years LB class look like...this years DL class.

9. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I know I've raved about this kid, but look for yourself. The skill set he has right now is way over any backer I've seen at this stage in awhile.
    Take a look at his film if you can......Junior Seau type speed.......I never thought I'd say that about a HS JR.

10. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    It will be an Ohio State and USC battle.

11. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Just a guess.......this will be decided on the field next year.........USC goes to the playoffs and does OK.....We get him.......USC loses 3 to 4 games and goes to a toilet bowl......He'll leave the state.

12. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    If you add Tuliaupupu and or Robertson and you have a class at one position that rankings wise USC has never seen!!!!!

13. DublinTrojan

DublinTrojan Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    This has all the makings of a signing day decision. It's to our advantage that he's closer to us, he and family are USC fans, and that we have the Poly pipeline flowing. I'd imagine that he's ours to lose.

14. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Very aggressive and quick, reminds me of Su'a. I bet Clancy would love to have another chess piece like that to blow up plays.

Hope he decides to come to USC, Fight On!

15. FTFO/USC

FTFO/USC Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    He's the best linebacker in his class and a top 10 (top 5 if I'm stretching it) type of guy. Gorman plays the toughest national schedule and this guy was an animal night in and night out. Probably the best defensive player on his team, a team that also featured H. Garrett and our very own Bubba.

Gaoteote > Tuliapupu > Calvert/Scott > Merlin Robertson imo. Linebacker class is gonna be very good no matter how we slice it (unless we slice it like we sliced this years CBs).

16. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    This kid is an immediate impact player, the type that starts wherever he goes.
    I would love to have him leading our defense for the next three years after he signs; because he seems like the type to only be on campus for three years.

17. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Or the class of Rey Cush and kaluka

18. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I understand I am changing the conversation but is 55 assigned to anyone for 2017... does this young man check the boxes to qualify ....that carrot means a lot to all of us ..

19. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I feel SC Poly Power, Fight On

20. Troad

Troad Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I read up on him last week. One evaluator said (to paraphrase) "he's possibly the best LB the west has produced in the last 10 years". High praise!

On that note the LB class of 2018 has a ton of hype. Who are the other names we should be keeping an eye on?

21. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Feb 3, 2017
    I guess a lot depends on how closely he identifies with his Polynesian roots. With 7 guys in this signing class (8 if Brett Neilon who was at the Polynesian Bowl is included), this is probably the place he'll be most comfortable playing at.

22. Geohhh

Geohhh Junior Member

Feb 4, 2017
    This kid is the Real Deal. Do whatever it takes, give him the #55 and let him know he's going to be that guy for us.

23. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Hmm. Probably not even the best linebacker class USC has had. 2005 was a pretty good one. Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing, Kaluka Maieva, and, probably the best in the class, even though he ended up injured most of his career, 5-star Luther Brown. That was a beast of a class. When you think that Clay Matthews red shirted the year before, and played with them, that was a rich time at linebacker for USC.

24. SamoanTrojan

SamoanTrojan Junior Member

Feb 4, 2017
    It would be nice to get all 3 Samoan linebackers Gaoteote, Tuliaupupu, and Robertson, but Ill be satisfied with 2 just as long Gaoteote is at SC.

25. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Does he have any SC hook? Relatives in LA?

26. Tamatoa916

Tamatoa916 Junior Member

Feb 5, 2017
    We better get this guy, best LB!!!!

27. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Haskell Garrett, a 6'4" 290 pound 4-star tackle is his cousin and ex-teammate at Bishop Gorman. He committed to Ohio State last week. Palaie has already visited the OSU campus with him and is considered a very very strong Buckeye lean. 87% of CB's have him going there. Everyone in Columbus assumes he'll go there, but they do throw out the caveat that USC could be a factor.

I personally think we have at least a 50% chance of landing him. The culture in L.A. and at USC is just so much better for a Polynesian Athlete, and the football programs are finally more or less on par again.

28. Daygoboy6191

Daygoboy6191 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    I would love to add this guy. He would be a huge get for us, and a major one to take us to where we want to be.

Another guy would be Solomon Tuliaupupu great size, athleticism, and pop in his game.

29. Sfchop87

Sfchop87 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    We need to stop OSU from coming into our area and nitpicking the top players they want. Win on the field and become just as dominate of a program as them and this will stop.

30. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Feb 19, 2017
    And he picks us.........I'm freaking thrilled with this news !!!!!

31. willusc

willusc Junior Member

Feb 19, 2017
    He's the best player on the best team in the country. Every service has him as five star. He's a huge get for USC. I couldn't be happier. I think it's Jay-O-tee-O-tay?