ND the only game left on the Trojans schedule that shouldn't be a cakewalk

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by Lucas, Nov 8, 2018 at 6:50 AM.

1. ND the only game left on the Trojans schedule that shouldn't be a cakewalk
    Lucas

Lucas Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:50 AM
    Cal and the game against the bRuins shouldn't be close.

USC has recruited too much talent for either the Bears and bRuins to be able to handle.

The game vs Notre Dame really shouldn't be close either as the Trojans have a big advantage in talent over the Domers, but the Domers do have a sizeable advantage in coaching.

The bRuins also have a sizeable advantage when it comes to coaching, but Chip Kelly hasn't had enough time to recruit the players to run his system. Give Chip a couple of recruiting classes and he will own Gomer Helton.

2. Sark2.0

Sark2.0 Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    They will be close ... even ND game, they are not that good but after last years mismatch they will be confident.
    Worst thing to happen for Soft Serve is to lose to ND but somehow back into PAC title game .. lose that and then get drubbed in another infamous Sun Bowl disaster. 7-8 yikes !

3. Lucas

Lucas Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    I don't think ND is all that this year. Seeing the Neutered Dames struggle vs Vanderbilt...you're right, they aren't that good.

Sark2.0 likes this.
  4. Pudly76

Pudly76 Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    You and your little buddy are funny. Does he call you skipper when you’re alone?
    You two have nothing better to do than sit at a keyboard and personally attack who by all accounts is a decent man? If you had half the courage and bravado as you claim, you should be a the gates waiting for the team to practice and call them out in person. Start a movement. See how the team feels, I’m sure they’ll respect your right to your opinions.
    Trouble with trolls is, they’re cowards and hide behind their keyboards, never having to face the object/objects of their ire. There isn’t an once of redeeming value in any of your posts.

Your families must be proud of you. You can’t keep qualities like these hidden in your pathetic little lives either I bet

in2nation, DaFireMedic and Sark2.0 like this.
  5. Sark2.0

Sark2.0 Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    The team loves Helton .. practices are easy, games optional, ice cream cold.
    Movement is started, unless you live under a rock, listen for the booing of the 35,000 Saturday.
    Your boy Helton is done here, it’s just a matter of time.

6. Jcanderson69

Jcanderson69 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    Nick Saban is also done at Alabama....its only a matter of time. Nothing lasts forever & father time is undefeated

DJ4SC and DaFireMedic like this.
  7. Sark2.0

Sark2.0 Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:10 AM

8. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:28 AM
    I hold absolutely ZERO respect for any poster, regardless of how long they have been here, how many likes they have, or whatever, who act like children, when making their point(s), by calling another human being a name.What's this Gomer crap? Soft Serve? How old are we on this board? My God, sometimes this board sounds like my 5th graders.... oh wait, sometimes my 5th Graders act better.
    Seriously... you are a grown man and you get some kind of thrill or satisfaction by calling another man a name?
    I'm working with my students this year teaching them how to be respectful of others. I have some open seats, maybe some of the posters who name call should join us.
    Oh, and by the way, you name call - I automatically discount the points you make, whether I would have agreed with them or not. I don't argue with children.

CP619, DaFireMedic and Pudly76 like this.
  9. Lucas

Lucas Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:40 AM
    Because we're here looking for your respect. LOL!

10. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM
    The day I want YOUR respect is the day I become a bRuin fan.....

Pudly76 likes this.
  11. He'sAlwaysRight

He'sAlwaysRight Active Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM
    What's wrong with ppl like this poster? Have ppl become this sensitive now? OP didn't write anything that would result in "ZERO respect" lol talk about dramatic with all caps...overreaction to the max, ppl need to just calm down

12. Ennie

Ennie Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    You're looking at the world through cardinal and gold glasses. The Irish will handily defeat USC and go on to win the National Championship.

13. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    Raise your hand if you sat in a rain soaked Coliseum to watch undefeated Notre Dame lose to a 5-4-1 Trojan team. I'm raising my hand. No way USC wins that game...no way. Never know...

Pudly76 likes this.
  14. Lucas

Lucas Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    I remember sitting in my seat at a rain soaked Coliseum in the early 80's and watching that stupid Stanford tree run for cover only to trip over a bench...will never forget that.

LOL!

15. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:18 PM
    Me overreacting? That’s funny. Im making a point. Our society suffers from a lack of civility because of posters like the OP, and you for defending him.

16. Lucas

Lucas Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    So you're incapable of expressing your own free will and ignoring things or people you don't agree with? You would rather complain, whine and cry like a little girl with a skinned knee? Grow up.

17. Linebacker II

Linebacker II Points Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:15 PM
    I wasn't there, but I listened to it on the radio. I recall a newspaper article a few days before the game which said that USC would be no match for a Fighting Irish team filled with tough Midwestern farm boys and working class heroes with Z's and K's in their last names. Coming a week after the Bruin debacle, that was a very satisfying win.

18. Conquestluvr

Conquestluvr Junior Member

Nov 8, 2018 at 9:21 PM
    That was totally unexpected.
    USC had lost to UCLA a week earlier 45-20, then they spank Joe Theisman and ND in the rain.

Sure doesn't seem like 48 years ago.

19. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:23 AM
    Well, not sure they "spanked" them--Theisman threw for an astounding 526 yards and we kind of hung on after building a big lead. As exciting a game as I can remember, which I watched under a 10-mil visqueen tarp. Jimmy Jones was outstanding that day...redeemed an otherwise up and down career. Funny to think back: no one wanted McKay's head after a 6-4-1 year, which preceded yet another 6-4-1 season. Guess that's what no social media will do for a coach, huh?