NBC thinks the world of Wheeler

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by OxyTrojan, Aug 30, 2016.

1. NBC thinks the world of Wheeler
    OxyTrojan

OxyTrojan Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016

2. O.G. luke skywalker

O.G. luke skywalker Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Ucla still sucks...

3. sportguru001

sportguru001 Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Oxy Moron

4. billsb1970

billsb1970 Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm sorry. I have never been a fan of Wheeler. Other than his size I just do not see him as an elite tackle.

5. 4uscfighton!

4uscfighton! Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I associate Chad Wheeler more with drive killing penalties than star status. Chad, please prove me wrong this season.

6. twincitytrojan

twincitytrojan Junior Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Apparently, Chad Wheeler has become the most overrated USC player of all-time.

and its not even his fault, but rather pedigree/hype. He started for 3 seasons, that's it. Right place, right time. He was better as a freshman than as a Junior. That is a fact.

He was our 2nd weakest OL last season. 2nd most penalized. 2nd most sacks given up. You get the point.

Hey, I wish he was playing, He's paid his dues, put in his time, respect his lineage and bio, but not that good compared to previous players. By season's end, Chuma or Brown or Price may be better, much better.

Wheeler was solid in pass pro packages an assignments, but weak on staying clean with penalties, a liability in run blocking, and was beaten often.

Durability and experience were his calling card, but just as Helton/Callaway/Helton aren't concerned, neither am I.

Best of luck to Wheeler, we could use/utilize his experience, but enough is enough, the guy wasn't that good. In most seasons, he'd be a back-up.

I sincerely hope he gets healthy this season and can contribute, but losing Osa is much bigger deal, same when Cam went down, even our Center, but Wheeler is life-long 3* player, from HS til now.