Musings from Arledge: Now we know

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Dec 6, 2019
    My criticism may be biting, and you may disagree with it. But it wasn’t ad hominem, for it wasn’t an irrelevant personal attack that was irrelevant to the argument. Instead, it is precisely the reason I think Helton cannot succeed: he is unable to recognize and properly analyze the problems with his program.

2. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Dec 6, 2019
    BINGO!

84Trojan and Trojan12 like this.
  3. Esthersar

Esthersar Points Member

Dec 6, 2019
    "Unable to recognize and properly analyze the problems with his program" -- worded that way, I agree that it's not an ad hominem and it's probably true.

4. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Dec 6, 2019
    And this is why I posted in another thread that I'm NOT vilifying AD Mike Bohn. His hands were effectively handcuffed first by Lynn Swann's idiotic move, then (probably) by President Folt giving him a mandate that any potential candidate to replace Helton has to have a skeleton-free closet. (i.e., no Urban Meyer).

Like it or not, we are stuck with Helton for at least another year, a year in which the talk (hopefully) will be about Kedon Slovis having a Heisman-esque year, and (maybe) winning as many as nine games because of a conference filled with shit teams.

If Helton truly shits the bed (like reinstalling JT Daniels as the starter) and goes 6-6 or worse, he will probably be gone anyway.

5. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    What Arhedge is going to find is he cannot leave USC
    As an alumni he is forever tied to USC
    But would like to get his opinion on the Graham Harrell situation

6. Bored of Clowns

Bored of Clowns Points Member

Dec 7, 2019
    My dad always said: "Advertisements Lie and Liars Advertise." How about this advertisement campaign for the University of Stupid Clowns (Administration Edition). We know Gomer is a habitual liar; that much is clear. Now we know about the Prez and the AD. "We care about SC football!"
    IMG_1886.jpg

7. bremillard

bremillard Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    The bed has already been shit and Helton has no clue how to get the stink off.