More corruption from the DOJ

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by aimeedee, Feb 11, 2020.

2. Kindred

Kindred Junior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    I do too, then Your President, Donald J Trump will be forced to pardon him. Of course you're upset though, you think that his crime of lying to congress warrants more time in jail than someone that committed manslaughter. BTW the crime never would have occurred had it not been for the fake dossier that led to the illegal wire taps on Page and others in the totally debunked russia collusion lie.

Troyhorn1 likes this.
  3. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    First of all, he wasn't convicted of merely lying to congress, but also obstruction and witness tampering.

Yes, I would love to see Dear Leader "forced" to pardon one of the sleaziest, dirtiest men to ever work in politics...and that is saying a LOT. Just more fodder to oppose his reelection. But you go ahead and pretend he was a poor waif caught up in a trap.

“Stonewall it. Plead the fifth. Anything to save the plan’ … Richard Nixon,” Stone allegedly texted Credico on Nov. 19, 2017,

Months later, Stone fired off texts blasting Credico.

“You are a rat. A stoolie. You backstab your friends-run your mouth my lawyers are dying Rip you to shreds,” he wrote on April 9, 2018, according to court documents.

Stone also threatened that he would “take that dog away from you,” referring to Credico’s white Coton de Tulear therapy dog, Bianca.

The same day, Stone declared war.

“I am so ready. Let’s get it on. Prepare to die [expletive],” he texted.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/25/roger-stone-referenced-godfather-to-intimidate-witness-indictment/

Totally the kind of thing an innocent guy would do to cover up totally innocent behavior. Stone did what he had to to "save the plan" and Don the Don will reward him with a pardon.

And, yeah, it is always someone else's fault when Trump and his minions lie, threaten, cheat and abuse power. Career prosecutors are wrong. Career FBI agents are wrong. Career state department officials are wrong. Career military officers are wrong. Career national security officials are wrong. Career intelligence agents are wrong. The only people who right are Trump and the cronies he puts in place --- after the first cronies he put in place were "wrong" because they left in disgust.

ScoobyTrojan32 likes this.
  4. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    "Deep State dorks" "weasels" "rump doofuses " "establishment suck-ups" "Mueller’s pack of scummy Democrats" "punks"....

Is this the best you could offer for a rebuttal? I know that type of Trumpian red meat appeals to MAGAs, but it isn't going to work with the literate public.

5. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Of course that's what you'd pick up on: not the idea of a 9 year sentence for a 67 yr old who didn't commit much of a crime...and hate-filled rogue prosecutors butt-hurt over their Mueller failure who lied to their superiors over their sentencing recommendations. These jerks would have been fired if they hadn't "resigned."

But since you brought it up, what is inaccurate in Kurt's descriptions?

Troyhorn1 likes this.
  6. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    What does his age have to do with it? Are we supposed to care that the man threatening witnesses mafia-style is in his sixties? "Hate filled rogue prosecutors?" Are you kidding me? "Hate" is Stone's middle name. What is "inaccurate" in Kurt's description? They aren't "dorks" "weasels" "doofuses" etc. They are people who dedicated their lives to prosecuting criminals, regardless of party affiliation. I realize name-calling is what suffices for "debate" around here, but it won't get you far with adults.

7. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Bullshit. That's exactly what these rogue prosecutors are. Trying to ruin someone's life for the sole reason that he's a Trump supporter. They are partisan hacks--as shown by the Mueller "investigation" that cleared Trump, so they're crapping on a little fish. 9 years? Really?

Get over yourself and your Trump hatred. Hillary lost--deal with it.

8. ScoobyTrojan32

ScoobyTrojan32 Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Damn the person who wrote that article sounds like a fan boy who has wet dreams about trump. He made trump almost sound like a war hero rather than the draft Dodger he is. But I digress...

That optics dont look good that after trump's tweet the DOJ said they would review their recommendations. Also interesting that GOP senators, most notably Lindsay Graham, have spoken out against trump saying he shouldn't get involved or comment on cases that are not closed. I'm not saying he did something to protect stone but at the very least it doesn't look good.

aimeedee likes this.
  9. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    I don't think Trump worries about "optics." Putting a 67 yr old away for 9 years for a non-crime is a crime in itself. Good to see the AG acting like an AG and chasing off these hacks that are still somehow obsessed with Russian Collusion.

Somehow Eric Holder practically living at the White House was Ok "Optics," but Trump correcting a miscarriage of justice is bad because...reasons. More draining of the swamp.

You'll also recall that Bill Clinton fired every US Attorney when he took office. Didn't want any Bush holdovers investigating him That was OK optics, however.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  10. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    Yeah, yeah -- they're all "rogue" -- rogue prosecutors, rogue intelligence agents, rogue FBI agents, rogue military officers -- everyone who gets in the way of Dear Leader is "rogue." And yeah -- the "sole reason" for the prosecution is that he is a Trump supporter. It has nothing to do him threatening witnesses, invoking Nixonian and mob tactics.

11. Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    You are so wrong on this.

Stone lied, true. Big deal, there are countless liars from previous administrations that are not in jail nor were they ever driven to the point of losing everything in their lives. The fact that the former CIA Director lied about national security matters and not in Leavenworth renders this case inconsequential on any scale. I hope Trump pardons him immediately.

Funny thing I learned in law school, if the evidence that is being presented to convict you is inadmissible for any number of reasons that evidence must be unwound from the inception. This case was based on a lie and then cast a wide net. He made mistakes to be sure but here in Southern California a young lady on her second DUI killed a family and got one year, this just happened.

This guy is sentenced to 9 years by democratic biased prosecutors ( including one working for CNN) and a rogue liberal judge....no thanks, time to burn it all down and start over.

Your bias against Trump is making you grasp at anything and everything. Some points you make can be valid but this one is a total loser.

Trump is going to win and win big in 2020. I also imagine that the house could very well go to the GOP. All of this Dictator/ Emperor you constantly spew out is going to get a lot worse because he is REALLY going to clean house when he has the house back.

12. ScoobyTrojan32

ScoobyTrojan32 Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    I almost agree with you. He is 67 he probably wont live much longer, but then again he could live well into his 80's so he still could have a lot of life to live. So its a toss up there. But, he did lie multiple times as well as threaten witnesses. Politics is a game of liars I get all of that. Lying aside threatening witnesses is a crime regardless of age and he does need to be held accountable for that.

13. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    He didn't just lie. He threatened a witness. Why do you guys want to continually gloss over this? He acted like a mafia henchman. Who does that? Odd behavior to engage in over a "lie," doncha think?

And if you went to law school, you surely understand that what a judge and/or jury decide in a CA state court -- and I'm betting there was a plea deal -- has zero relevance to what a federal prosecutor might seek in a federal court for an unrelated crime. Can you just imagine if every lawyer pointed to someone in another state who got less of a punishment for more egregious behavior than his client? Can you just imagine if every prosecutor had to lower the bar in sentencing requests to the lightest sentence anyone ever got anywhere in the country for an unrelated crime? Now, unless you want to tell me the exact same prosecutors sought a lesser sentence for nearly identical circumstances (and I mean ALL the counts, not just perjury, and ALL of Stone's antics -such as intimidating the judge- factored in), then I don't see how comparing apples and oranges is relevant. You're smart enough to know that is a specious argument.

He hasn't been sentenced to anything, yet. But I hope the judge throws the book at him.

We'll see. If it really is a "loser," then we should expect to see Trump pardoning Stone before the election so it can be a campaign issue.

I guess we'll know soon enough. But if the American public does that, we deserve everything we have coming to us. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  14. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Feb 12, 2020
    When the prosecutor says 7-9 it means he will get 2-3. Compared to Martha Stewart that is getting off easy. Witness tampering is a big deal.

aimeedee likes this.
  15. Area51Trojan

Feb 12, 2020
    I think he threatened their dog...and the "threatened " party testified that he was not intimidated. So have no idea where you are going with that.
    I did and you did not.
    You would be wrong, a sitting judge handed down the sentence and has a history of it.
    The point escaped you as it does most liberals. Lying to Congress is only a crime if you supported Trump. I absolutely am sure you did not post repeatedly, day after day and month after month about these exact same sort of issues that occurred under the previous two administrations. I call them issues because I no longer consider lying to congress a crime...it is SOP. I no longer care what Trump does in order to get the job done including playing as dirty as his adversaries including and up to burning it all down. The country is fully broken and corrupt.....by the very people you support and supported. It took an outsider who didn't need this mess to light the match and I for one applaud him and hope everyone burns.

ca4usc, woohit42, Troyhorn1 and 4 others like this.
  16. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 12, 2020
    I guess you missed the quotes I cited earlier. Yes, he threatened an emotional support dog. He also told the witness that he -- not his dog -- was "dead". Clearly the threatened party was not intimidated. Does that mean the threat didn't happen? Of course not.

So your point is one need not attend law school in order to apply common sense?

OK -- still has no bearing on the Stone case, unless that judge is Amy Berman Jackson.

I'm not a liberal.
    Once again, Stone didn't merely lie to congress. He was also convicted of obstruction and witness tampering.
    I didn't need to, because there were plenty of people to do that during the Obama administration. During the Obama years, I was one drop in a bucket of people opposed to Obama. Today, I have the very same standards, but I am suddenly a voice in the wilderness. (I wasn't on WeAreSC during the Bush Administration, so I can't speak to what transpired here, then.)
    OK, well I do. And so does the law, apparently. When you are in a position to change the law, go for it. Until then, I support prosecutors doing their jobs.
    Clearly. I hope you enjoy when Democrats take over and do the same.
    FIFY
    Enjoy the party's self immolation.[/quote]

17. Area51Trojan

Feb 12, 2020
    Of course you are. As a Catholic isn't one of the greatest tenants to the church the protection of all life? You rail against the one bulwark in protecting that what the church holds dearest. In fact I don't understand Catholics or Jews as everything they stand for is under direct assault from the liberals.

ca4usc likes this.
  18. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Feb 13, 2020
    No, I am not. I have been conservative since before I was old enough to vote. I attended the March for Life rally in DC when I was 10. I was president of Trojans for Life. I was part of the Trojan College Republicans when we welcomed Reagan to USC, where he gave his first (only?) gratis post-presidential speech to a university. I remember watching Tom Fitton on a young conservative TV show on some obscure channel in the early nineties. I was a fan of Rush Limbaugh from back when the guy had a TV show. My first-born -- before the age of two -- requested a Rush Limbaugh book as his bedtime story. (I'm not saying that I was indoctrinating him, but we would record Limbaugh's TV show and watch it while exercising in the morning. Apparently, it was part of my son's routine to the point that he recognized Limbaugh on the book jacket. When I asked him what book he wanted for a bedtime story, he kept pointing to several on my nightstand. One by one, I would pick them up and he'd say ."No that one." Finally, exasperated, he said, "No, BRush LIMbaugh!" My husband and kids even had matching "Ditto and Dad" Limbaugh ties. )

What do you mean I am railing against the "one bulwark" in protecting that what the church holds dearest? Are you suggesting Trump is the "one bulwark?" The man who trashes humanity on a daily basis? The man who speaks wistfully about beating people up? The man who upholds a war criminal as a hero? The man who boasts unapologetically about wanting to kill the wives and children of suspected terrorists? The man who bases the value of a human's worth on the shithole from which he came? You saw my response on the Kobe Bryant thread and seemed to "get it." Standing up for the unborn is essential, but there is so much more to being prolife than that. And I am willing to bet that Trump is directly responsible for the deaths of more unborn children than the top three dem contenders combined.

I can't speak for the Jewish population, but Catholics have, indeed, sold out to Trump. A majority of Catholics voted for the thrice-married adulterous pussy grabber (yet couldn't be bothered to turn out for squeaky clean Romney.) Joseph Cella, Hillsdale grad and founder of CatholicVote, cosigned an oped written by Catholic leaders in March 2016 declaring:

"Donald Trump is manifestly unfit to be president of the United States," the letter flatly states. "His campaign has already driven our politics down to new levels of vulgarity. His appeals to racial and ethnic fears and prejudice are offensive to any genuinely Catholic sensibility. He promised to order U.S. military personnel to torture terrorist suspects and to kill terrorists’ families — actions condemned by the Church and policies that would bring shame upon our country."

By the summer of 2016, Joseph Cell-out suddenly got over Trump's "manifest unfitness" and lead the Catholic advisory for the Trump campaign. He was rewarded with an ambassador assignment to Fiji. Sondland may have lost a million bucks. but Cella sold his soul.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  19. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Martha? Another person persecuted for a non-crime.