Mique Juarez

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by DPSC1, Apr 17, 2015.

2. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    HS kids and their emotions are too unpredictable.
    Whatever UCLA is doing may have made him feel the love and is the basis behind his tweets.

Either way you committed to USC for a reason.
    If you weren't ready to end your recruitment then you shouldn't have committed.
    I think he should decommit play the process out the right way and commit when he is 100% sure.
    Some of these boys are committing just to hold a spot for themselves (I believe) and are still playing the recruiting game.

If you want to come to USC then commit.
    If you not sure and don't want to lose your "spot" then you need to reassess what it is you really want in a program.
    I might have felt better if those tweets wasn't for UGLY..

3. USCDENTIST

USCDENTIST Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ridiculous. Very disrespectful and will never be a favorite of mine. He isn't a true Trojan. To send those tweets out was wrong. Don't commit to a school if you aren't ready. Would a Michigan commit tweet out pro buckeye crap. Would an Auburn commit tweet "roll tide". Get ahold of this kid and find out where his head is. We don't need this garbage.

4. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Meh, all good. I think it's stupid of him, but he is what 16/17 years old? I trust this staff will handle this, not worried at all.

5. AtlantaTrojan

AtlantaTrojan Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    He's way to talented to be a bruin

6. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Quite a bit of over reaction by posters on this board. Calm down a bit. The tweets weren't that bad.

Smart of UCLA to go after his cousin. Don't know anything about him. Is he good? (his cousin that is)

7. wyotrojans

wyotrojans Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This kid is a baller, hope we don't lose him

8. fighton55

fighton55 Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Agree with Bestlakersfan that it's not very smart on his part but let's let our coaches handle it.

9. Lbctrojan

Lbctrojan Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    His tweets rubbed me the wrong way but he is just a kid at the end of the day. I think he committed to USC for the attention immediate after he committed he was invited to the us army game kids use the usc offer to get more offers.

10. HelixTrojan

HelixTrojan Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Just the normal ebb and flow of recruiting teenagers.

Recruiting rule #3: Don't take it personal.

If Juarez had verballed to UGLA and then was impressed by SC and made he switch would he be a "true Trojan" or less of a Trojan (I.e former Trojan Kaluka Maiva)?

Relax and let it play out ....long way to go until actual commitments are made on LOI day.

11. J27LA

J27LA Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well, things just got interesting. Maybe Juarez does flip to ucla. Remember I did mention a few weeks ago that I could see USC flipping Toailoa. Looks like we are going after him hard. I wouldn't mind the swap of LB's.

12. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Garry, can you comment on all this? Is Juarez still a USC commit?

13. mrbug708

mrbug708 Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Juarez only committed in the first place because of a guy from 247 who kind of ruined the silent

14. SCjoker

SCjoker Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    We needn't bother with this clapping clown. He needs to change his dedication to the ugly circus of LA.

15. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I am curious; All of you who are dissing on him and calling him names, etc... because of some stupid tweets; will you be singing that tune if he signs with us in February?
    Will you still be saying the same things if he turns out to be a complete stud on the field for 3 - 4 years?

I expect you will be saying "Yes he is a great player and is going in the first round of the draft, but he is not a true Trojan because of those tweets he sent out during the recruiting process when was 17 years old".

I am certainly glad the lot of you have nothing to do with our recruiting process.

16. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Apr 18, 2015
    MOOOOBAK!

17. gotrojans1

gotrojans1 Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Need to cut him some slack, he is 16/17 and its his twitter account. This will resolve is self sooner rather than later, either mora will get tried of his committed status to SC or they will flip him. I dont think he should of committed because to me he is not committed clearly, let him go through the process and if the coaches find a OOS guy who is at a minimum nearly as good then take him and move on.

I get the sense playing time is an issue, and im sure ucla are banging on about that, if he wants to go to ucla then i dont care for one, i want recruits who want to be trojans no matter what, dont care how good they are

18. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Smallwood did the same thing and it rubbed me wrong. He was committed and then tweeted a top list. He's probably going to flip to UCLA. We have 4 stud LB'S in this class and one in next. Can't win them all. It's his loss. USC is on the verge of greatness with or without him. Or somebody could have hacked his account?

19. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    I'd like an update from a recruiting source who may have spoken with him since his infamous tweets.

20. 4heisman

4heisman Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Some of you guys need to take a break and calm down. Maybe he flips to westwood maybe he sticks with the good guys, either way there's no reason to whine and complain about a teenager's tweets.

Do some of you guys hear how over emotional, irrational, and unstable you sound? It's hard to tell who's the teenager here. USC football will be alright without Juarez, but it'd be better with him.

He's my favorite current commit, but like all americans (pun included) he has the choice to go where he wants whether we believe it's a bad idea or not. Maybe he wants to play with his cousin, maybe he likes baby blue, maybe he wants to play early, maybe the staff at westwood is recruiting him harder at the moment, etc...

Let the process play out and relax fellas.

21. bestlakersfan

Apr 18, 2015
    This thread should be closed....just makes USC look bad. Relaxxxxxxxxxx!

22. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Apr 18, 2015
    Dentist I see where you are coming from

Recruiting is a two way street it's a business so to speak

Verbal commitments mean nothing to be honest

How many recruits over the years commuted to sc early on only to have their offer pulled or steered away later ?

His tweets don't make me feel good but I'd rather him just go where he wants

23. 4heisman

4heisman Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Dentist, it's recruiting. I agree that it's in poor taste, but the kid isn't breaking rules or getting into trouble. At the most, he's just getting a rise out of fanatics.

I understand your passion, but what he said on twitter shouldn't warrant the type of response he got by some in this thread. It doesn't matter if he's bound to flip, just playing games with fans on twitter, or completely oblivious about the reaction his comments could cause.

Recruiting is a lot like dating. Don't get too attached and emotionally invested until things are official (LOI or better yet enrolled). Fight on and relax.

24. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    I'll say this now and for record: If Juarez decommits (which I definitely hope he does not), he's gone and not coming back. Period. Said the same thing over, and over, and over again re Eddie Vanderdoesn't, only to continuously read threads about how "we're going to get him in the end!" No, we weren't. When they decommit, they're gone. Period.

25. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Some of the ucly idiots on TOS are already celebrating, thinking he is flipping. A little early for that, I would think

26. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Is it cool when a kid is committed to a school and the school "cools" on that kid because an higher rated/profile kid is available and wants to come?

27. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Apr 19, 2015
    He's flipping. Do the math the tweets and then the quick visit with his dad. Was he at the spring game or any practices? Actions speak louder than words.

28. Guest

Guest Guest

Apr 19, 2015
    He is going to be a stud wherever he goes....hopefully he sticks with us, if not, good luck to him wherever else he chooses to do his schooling.

29. SCFaninUtah

SCFaninUtah Junior Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Dentist is know to make rash judgements that later make him look silly. He needs to relax. I remember him saying my contacts for Gustin and Osa weren't real or something dumb like that. And wasnt he silly there......so don't get worked up when Dentist go on his rants.

The kid is 17 years old. Lets see what happens before alienating him and his family.

30. gotrojans1

gotrojans1 Junior Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Watched an interview with him, while stood on the ucla campus btw.

Seems a nice kid, but in no way should we class him as committed.I don't think he wants to say I'm de committing from sc because he clearly loves sc. ucla are selling the depth chart and it's working. Also said his dad wants to see the depth and rotation play out a bit this year at sc. I think he's in an awkward situation and the best thing all round might be de committing, as good as he looks it's not a good look for us him doing this on Twitter and such.

I think he will de commit very soon, and agree with blue blood, once that happens we are not getting him. If that happens we will be fine, we got masina last year he'll be playing Sam when Su'a leaves.

There's a few different sort of verbal commitments, this is as weak as it gets.

31. Guest

Guest Guest

Apr 19, 2015
    To Mique and his family.....please disregard the pseudo dentist character in this thread. He's known around here as the board's retard and no one takes him seriously. Best of luck in the recruiting process.

- POTD

32. TurnerTrojan

TurnerTrojan Junior Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Committed or not, kids have second thoughts. The difference now days is that those "thoughts" are being expressed publicly. What matters is what happens on signing day. Hope he comes to us regardless of his public comments a year before signing. It's now up to our coaches to persuade him.

33. bestlakersfan

Apr 20, 2015
    Garry, please lock this thread, please.

34. gotrojans1

gotrojans1 Junior Member

Apr 20, 2015
    I dont think anything personal has been said, or maybe ive missed something. not sure the thread needs locking, have rules been broken?

ive pondered this and im 50/50 on it, i think he committed too soon and that is not a crime, he probably made a mistake. If the coaches dont mind should we? we have to remember that a recruits (SC fan growing up or not) and coaches mind set is very different to a fans, i dont think juarez is considering fans on this one. The coaches had him at the spring game and just visited his school, to see him, they seem to still want him. Social media is tricky, some are more honest and open on it.

from a fans point of view this sucks and i cant imagine any SC fan liking seeing this or wanting it to continue, but we cant assume a Sc commit hates ucla like a fan. chuma edoga nearly flipped to georgia, no one went crazy, because it was not ucla. If the fact its ucla is the reason any ones mad its not a valid point, i dont think the reaction from some would of been the same even if it was notre dame.

but i also kind of see the point of well if you love ucla that much flip and go there, shake the SC commit tag and the coaches can find someone who wants to be a trojan no matter what. modern day recruiting hey, its only going to get worse as well.

35. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Can't blame the kid...the Blue'uns have no LB's soon. USC has a nice rotation. He is 17 or so and has a big decision to make. Go with a proven winner or go with a team that has very little talent.....Fact is that when this young man is a junior USC will be playing in a NCG. He will miss it because he thinks he will get to play more across town. By then Mora will be long gone. The worst of it is if he does not make the pros...good luck with that great education and all the help they provide. Of course he can depend on all the promises he will hear from the Blue'uns....just ask that LB from Georgia...Mora is consistent with all his recruits. You're great, great, great, great, I'am gone.

36. Sarknado

Sarknado Junior Member

Apr 20, 2015
    I heard someplace that the brain doesn't stop growing until you are 26. Can't fault these youngsters for anything they do, especially when it's just a tweet.

Let's all let kids be kids and enjoy the time before they have to join the real world. I sure miss it.

37. Rigged4fun

Rigged4fun Member

Apr 20, 2015
    We have seen these situations every year. A top recruit commits early and changes his mind later in the year. Remember a particular flash who was a lock at SC and at the last moment defected to Oregon? You can't hold it against a 18-19 year old. They are centered on what they feel is good for them. Sometimes the grass is greener elsewhere and they change their mind. If this young man decides to go to that other school, good for him. You wish him success (except against USC), and move on. Harboring a grudge against him is just immature. I hope this board is above the pettiness of denying a talented athlete his decision.

38. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Apr 20, 2015
    Id prefer we don't get overly negative when talking about a recruit

But he won't choose or decommit from us upon when he reads on this board

And if he does ... He doesn't have the mental toughness/ discipline required to be a productive Trojan.

I hope he stays but we are SC so it will all work out

39. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Ha ha! There are thousands of vile comments posted over the years on this site that no potential USC recruit should ever read. Some of the MJK threads would be toxic to recruiting if compiled and used by anti-USC recruiting entities. I guess the other sites across the country have their own type of toxicity as well so maybe it gets cancelled out. My theory is that nobody really cares what we say here anyway. Thank goodness we are properly ignored. IMHO

40. gotrojans1

gotrojans1 Junior Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Recruits and current players and parents read this forum, I saw 3 examples of that last year on Twitter

41. Moderntrojan

Moderntrojan Junior Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Moss-Simple jack of wearesc ! Classic ! you ma-ma-ma-make me happy.

42. bluecowboy6

bluecowboy6 Junior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Or maybe you guys should take the fact that of all the schools after him, he chose to commit to SC (and speaks up about how much he loves SC twice as often as he does all the other schools combined) as a hint?

You're grown men hounding a teenager on Twitter and message boards. He said he's committed. If he later changes his mind he'll change his mind.

And as for the UCLA love, they're considering recruiting his cousin to coax him to the school. He's playing along to get his relative a scholarship. He's not suddenly madly in love with Westwood. He knows what UCLA has to offer. He always has.

You guys did this exact same thing with Biggie last year and Adoree the year before.

43. USCDENTIST

USCDENTIST Junior Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Quite comparing this to biggie or adoree...THEY NEVER COMMITTED TILL SIGNING DAY!!!! Never gave a verbal. We knew they were Usc leans but they never said "I'm committed to USC" and then go online with 8-claps and ucla is amazing. Anyways, let the thread die.

44. george the tirebiter

george the tirebiter Junior Member

Apr 24, 2015
    I can't believe anybody would criticize a commit for flipping when USC coaches always recruit commited recruits to flip to USC. If you criticize this player make sure you include CPC, Kiff, CEO and Sark.

45. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Kids read these boards, hopefully they get a laugh or 2 and realize that their will be criticism no matter what from all angles. The thing I have noticed is he's still committed. It's a different time period from when a lot of us grew up. Kids don't look at things the same as 50, 30, 15 or even 5 years ago. So what a lot of adults might consider foolishness or worse isn't looked at by this current group of kids the same way. You never know what's the reasoning behind something. as mentioned earlier his cousin could get an scholarship. He might be playing that angle. I say I hope he stays committed and comes to USC. He going to be a good one. If you're unclear about how kids are different find a few outside your family and have an conversation......

46. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Has he been interviewed formally the past couple days? If so, what did he say? Maybe he's still a real USC commit...

47. TrojanBeliever

TrojanBeliever Junior Member

Apr 25, 2015
    He's committed until he is not - not a big deal right now......

48. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Whichever way this goes, it certainly knocks him down a level in my eyes. Yes, I understand he's young, but it just seems like a complete lack of judgment on MJ's part. If it were funny, maybe. More like attention-whoring. Or maybe he's just never had any attention? Either way, it makes me worry about what kind of teammate he'll be. My guess is he'll be better off playing with Mr. ITT/U of Phx.

49. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Apr 25, 2015
    He's very, very young, obviously. Nonetheless, his actions have reflected very, very poorly for a "committed Trojan." He can turn all that around by cutting out the ucla cr@p and reaffirming his unqualified commitment to USC. DAT never did that, which is why I said he was gone before he made it official (the rumors were flying thick and fast for several days yet he never came out and reaffirmed his commitment to Troy--bc he was gone). We'll see what happens with MJ...

50. Touchdown for USC

Touchdown for USC Junior Member

Apr 26, 2015
    We are nowhere near NSD. Looking forward to how the 2016 class shapes up.

51. bestlakersfan

Apr 26, 2015
    The thread that won't die....sigh.