Miller Moss question for BLF and Erik

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by Imlegitru, May 30, 2020.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    May 30, 2020
    Brandon Campbell is suggesting good news for USC fans next week. A flood of crystal ball predictions for the same program on the same player does not happen accidentally.

For me, Garcia is a better athlete. I think he has the superior arm strength, but it’s close. Where I really like Moss is when you watch him throw, there’s just something about it where you say, yes, that’s how the ball is supposed to come out. He reminds me of Kedon Slovis in that way. It took watching about five throws from Kedon last spring to see that the ball just comes out of his hands differently than a lot of other quarterbacks. Moss has that. Smooth stroke and great touch.

If you’re USC, you’re great with either. You’re ecstatic with both.

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    Is he trying to enroll this summer?

4. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    The only issue I have with bringing in two elite QBs in the same class is that whoever does not win that #2 or #3 role to basically warrant not being forced to take a redshirt year, we could lose one of them before we even see them get on the field.

- OR -

Both come in and jump on to #2 AND #3 on the depth chart as true freshmen!
    I keep forgetting how quickly some of these prospects come in ready to contribute.
    There is a world where two true freshmen can come in and jump on the depth chart and supplant veterans on the timeline.

5. TheTrojanKnight

TheTrojanKnight Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    I mean if not them then who? We won't have any other QBs on the roster after this season. Matt Fink and Mo Hasan will both have graduation.

Jose and mvpreed2 like this.
  6. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    I understand what you are saying, but I am willing to bet that we will try to find a QB with some experience to come in and compete for that #2 spot, so we don't have a true freshmen sitting at #2 with no experience...again!!

I am not so sure I agree with the traditional notion of needing to have experience at the QB spot anymore with the development of the QB before entering college (7v7 camps) and the modern quick reads of the majority of the college landscape.
    We could be just fine going into 2021 with a true junior in Slovis and two true freshmen backups in Garcia/Moss.

7. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

May 31, 2020
    Do you feel Garcia would de-commit if Moss comes on board?

8. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    May 31, 2020
    It would surprise me. Garcia isn't going to be surprised by USC taking a second quarterback. That's been the plan all along and he understands the depth chart.

I'm a fan of the Georgia school of thought at this point. Quarterbacks are going to transfer. That's a given. There's no use worrying about it or trying to set your depth chart to avoid it. Might as well bring in as much talent at the position as possible and hope you make the best decision on the starter. I don't know if Georgia has done that second part every time, but you can't blame them for trying to load up at the position.

Troy70 likes this.
  9. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

May 31, 2020
    Makes you think because he’s already on his third high school team.

10. beeto

beeto Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    This staff is NOT going to have a true frrsh at number 2 who can't contribute right away. Slovis says hello.

Relax and enjoy our new staff. They know what's needed to be back on top.

11. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

May 31, 2020
    What about HC, lol ?

12. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

May 31, 2020
    Do we still have one?