Michael Pittman

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Michael Pittman
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Dec 28, 2019
    https://twitter.com/MikePitt_Jr/status/1210797282435534848?s=20

"I apologize Trojan nation that wasn’t me out there tonight. However, it has been a blessing these last 4 years, would change a single thing. I thank GOD for the good times and bad times. At the end of the day all I can say, thank you!"

That game won't be the first thing that comes to mind when we think about Michael Pittman's USC career. A bummer of a way for him to go out, but it doesn't take anything away from what he did this season. Six catches tonight gives him 101 for the season (1 shy of tying Keyshawn Johnson's 1995 mark, which puts Pittman fifth all-time on USC's single-season list). He's also now eighth on USC's single-season list for receiving yards in a season, as he passed Mike Williams' 2002 mark and Dwayne Jarrett's 2004 mark.

It was tough to see him fumble, especially doing it on a play that was Pittman-esque, fighting for extra yards after the catch.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019

2. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Yes and no.
    Tough for him trying to carry his team and coming up short but it was Pittman-esque of him to Fight On!........even with our coaching shortcomings.
    Think he’ll have a very good career.

AZUSCfan and SCBIGTIME like this.
  3. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    The fumble was unfortunate, but he had the presence of mind to immediately pull down the guy who recovered the ball. That was an impressive reaction from a consummate pro, the turnover notwithstanding.

Fight on, Pitt! It was fun to watch you play this season.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  4. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Dec 28, 2019
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Just the concept of him struggling for extra yards and working hard in a game that just wasn't going USC's way was typical Michael Pittman. Tough to see the fumble happen where the guy shows up just at the wrong time. Probably should have been a facemask penalty on the play anyway, as Pittman was grabbed by the back of the helmet. He seems like the last guy who needs to be apologizing for how things went tonight (and this season), but he's the kind of guy to be the first one to do that.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  5. crank31

crank31 Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Pittman was definitely the heart and soul of this team. Thank you Michael Pittman Jr. for representing Trojan Nation on and off the field.

DADMoyock and SCBIGTIME like this.
  6. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Best of luck in NFL. I fear who will replace him .

7. HermosaSC

HermosaSC Member

Dec 28, 2019
    I appreciate Pittman's statement, he didn't have to do this. I definitely don't place the loss on him. I can't fault a player for trying his best and being physical. Even with a deep receiving corp, we're going to miss him next year.

Too bad we probably won't see any statements like this from the coaching staff, but that wouldn't be consistent with the happy talk. Too much honesty and self-awareness...

8. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Realistically he was probably the only kid with the talent, ruggedness, and drive to play for any of the playoff teams, save Slovis.

Butcher22 likes this.
  9. TrojanDrive

TrojanDrive Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Michael Pittman Jr. is a great Trojan. Without him this team likely wins only 6 games. Wish him all the best in the NFL.

abbyboyone likes this.
  10. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Wow accountability. What a shock. Hey Helton this is how you accept responsibility, you frogging brown nosing hack.