Michael Norman's status

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by einibobo, May 17, 2018.

1. Michael Norman's status
    einibobo

einibobo Junior Member

May 17, 2018
    After Michael Norman's performance this weekend at the PAC 12 track championship, will he turn pro after this season?? It would be nice to have him stay another year. Anyone have an opinion or have inside scoop??

2. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

May 17, 2018
    I wish I knew. Might depend on how he finishes the year. If he drops into the 43s, I say he goes (assuming a contract is being offered). I really hope he stays. I am sick & tired of the pros taking our athletes early. Track just can't recover like FB or BKB.

3. fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

May 17, 2018
    Let's hope that Norman and Benjamin both stay. With the recruits they have committed, (and Cunningham comes back) SC could have a better men's team next year.

This year, if the men's team gets healthy, they have a slight chance at the title. The women, who are rank #1, have an excellent chance for the national championship.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    CrownoftheValley likes this.
  4. USCTrojan1990

USCTrojan1990 Points Member

May 17, 2018
    as good as the coaching is at USC right now, there is no way I expect him back next year. he needs to go get paid and get ready for the olympic trials, he can always finish his degree at USC later

5. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

May 17, 2018
    I certainly hope that both Norman and Benjamin stay at least one more year at SC. As such, they would still have a full year in order to prepare for the 2020 Olympics. With these two coming back, we would definitely be strong contenders for a national championship and lay the foundation for high quality teams going forward.