Metu/Boatwright not generating attention

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by motovich, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Metu/Boatwright not generating attention
    motovich

motovich Junior Member

Apr 10, 2017
    on mock draft projections. On the half-dozen recent mock drafts I've seen, neither one is listed as a 1st or 2nd round pick. With all of the high-level freshman and sophomores declaring or still deciding in an already deep draft, Metu/Boatwright were likely pushed out of consideration for a draft slot.

2. 323TROJANS

323TROJANS Junior Member

Apr 10, 2017
    I'm hoping both of these guys take a serious look at this and come back to school to develop their game and bodies a bit more. Another good season and NZAA tourney showing will only help their draft stocks.

3. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Apr 10, 2017

Doubt either one was ''pushed out''....you gotta be ''in'' consideration for that to happen.

Both players have some potential for the NBA game, but neither is even close to ready.

Unless they have a DIRE need for some piddly amount of cash, silly to go.

4. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Hell you know it is bad when Oregon's best player, Dorsey is considered a 2nd round pick.
    He led the NCAA Tourney in scoring, shot over 50% from the floor and over 60% from 3PT.

I was kind of shocked with a tourney the way he had that he would have been higher than that.
    It makes me wonder where Bell and Brooks are projected?
    Dorsey is even hiring an agent, so Oregon may not be as good as I expected them to be, hell even my squad is losing Markkanen and Simmons (who I was hoping returned next season).

5. Chase

Chase Junior Member

Apr 11, 2017
    Metu is projected as about the 40th overall player by the big projectors: DraftExpress, NBADraft.Net, and ESPN/Chad Ford. They are putting Metu in next year's Draft, because he projects higher.

Bennie has work to do.

6. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Apr 11, 2017
    DraftExpress ranks Metu above both Motley and Bell when in my opinion he was outmuscled and outplayed by both. Metu's younger, but both Motley and Bell have physically matured where they can contribute to an NBA roster much sooner. Metu is still a year away from earning a consistent spot on an NBA roster.

7. Chase

Chase Junior Member

Apr 11, 2017

A big part of that ranking is projection based on talent. Metu right now gets physically dominated by those guys.